Question ?

I would venture to say that Propecia does not generally cause more body hair to grow. Propecia is a DHT blocker. DHT causes hair loss because of your personal genetics. I'm no expert, but I don't know of people reporting dramatic body hair loss due to aging or DHT. Propecia mainly helps you keep the hair you have, and once in a while, will cause some REGROWTH. That is the key word, "regrowth" is hair that you've lost as opposed to new hair growing where it never was before. Hope this helps.

Arfy, I cannot find the message where you referenced it, but I believe there was a message last week on one of these bb, where you said dutasteride will be available in November. Is this true? If so, where was this press release? Thanks.

Actually,

Its interesting that DHT, which is responsible for men losing the hair on their head, is also responsible for hair that starts to grow on the body at the time of puberty. Since Propecia blocks DHT formation, if anything it should in theory slow body hair growth.

Anyway, in the clinical studies no extra body hair growth was noted (I don't know about any body hair loss, though.)

From what I hear, Dutasteride will be available some time in December.

More specific information is supposed to be available soon.

Keep your ears open, and you won't miss it. I will certainly post about it, and others will too, when we hear more.

If you can't manage to keep checking the internet, just try contacting your pharmacy in December, and ask.

I try not to drive traffic from website to website if I can help it, out of respect for the different site owners. Right now, that's the current info.

Thank you for the update Arfy. I have checked a lot of websites, and I just had not seen any reference to Dutasteride being available in December. Well, if so, this is good news. Again, thank you for your response.