decetive pics

worth a watch, especially if your new..... please understand that this industry has proven it will do what it has to do inorder to decive you.. all for your money, not your well being.. you may think in being over dramatic, i can promise im not.

KNOW THE SRTONG DIFFERENCE PICS TAKEN WITH FLASH CAN HAVE ON YOUR HAIRLINE, and also your crown. and pics with flash affect both differently. ASK QUESTIONS WHEN CLINICS POST PICS. dont take everything you see in this business at face value.... in fact take VERY LITTLE at face value in this industry. HTs are lifechanging NO DOUBT but you need to give yourself the BEST chance at having that change be positive, there are cases every day that are not.. research til your head hurts, then do it again.... if you choose to go the HT route you NEED to be certain you know EXACTLY what your in for.... CLINICS WILL NOT HELP YOU KNOW THIS... its on you........ i didnt know what i was in for til it was to late, and now, while im not a DISASTER by any means my life has changed in ways i never could have imagined, and the issues with my transplanted hair and future loss are things i never saw comming til i was to far in with a wide scar in back from ear to ear....

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

worth a watch, especially if your new..... please understand that this industry has proven it will do what it has to do inorder to decive you.. all for your money, not your well being.. you may think in being over dramatic, i can promise im not.

KNOW THE SRTONG DIFFERENCE PICS TAKEN WITH FLASH CAN HAVE ON YOUR HAIRLINE, and also your crown. and pics with flash affect both differently. ASK QUESTIONS WHEN CLINICS POST PICS. dont take everything you see in this business at face value.... in fact take VERY LITTLE at face value in this industry. HTs are lifechanging NO DOUBT but you need to give yourself the BEST chance at having that change be positive, there are cases every day that are not.. research til your head hurts, then do it again.... if you choose to go the HT route you NEED to be certain you know EXACTLY what your in for.... CLINICS WILL NOT HELP YOU KNOW THIS... its on you........ i didnt know what i was in for til it was to late, and now, while im not a DISASTER by any means my life has changed in ways i never could have imagined, and the issues with my transplanted hair and future loss are things i never saw comming til i was to far in with a wide scar in back from ear to ear....

I totally agree with you! You must be careful when selecting a surgeon because alot of them do use deceiving photos to lure prospects in. I dont trust any photo that is taken with flash. Especially when flash is used in a hairline photo!!

You are right. Pictures can be misleading. We try our best to take consistent pictures before and after procedures. During the case, the lighting and location of surrounding hair may require flash, ...or not.

But even the best efforts can't equal an in-office consultation with the doctor. If he has great pictures but comes across as dishonest, trust your instincts. If he has adequate pics but seems genuine, he probably is. Ask to speak to a recent patient or 2 for additional input if you like.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Pictures can even be deceptive unintentionally. I used to take only pics with no flash (natural light) after somebody on a board told me that was the best way to go. Now I wonder if it is better to take pics with both flash and no flash instead of one or the other so that we get all sorts of different views?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

natural light with a good quality cam is what i believe gives the best idea of whats REALLY going on.... the prob with flash is it is not natural, it distorts what you would actually see in person... sometimes the distortion makes it look worse than reality and somtimes better, but both are not accurate...