Dr.Kris Johnson

I was victim of hair tranplantation done by this doc . I chose him because he was only charging 3$ per graft . But , the results were very bad. I couldnt stand in the light because people could clearly point out something wrong with my hairline. My front line was very thick and straight like a line with 4-5 hair garfts.

http://www.atlantishairtransplant.com/ is their website

the work was very cheap and post-op, I had too much swelling in the graft sites

Two days back, I had another surgery with Dr. Griffin to correct my hairline . The surgery was very smooth compared to the earlier ones. Eventhoygh I paid double the money , it was well worth the price. I will post some pics soon

Link to my Blog

http://hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=546

I was victim of hair tranplantation done by this doc . I chose him because he was only charging 3$ per graft . But , the results were very bad. I couldnt stand in the light because people could clearly point out something wrong with my hairline. My front line was very thick and straight like a line with 4-5 hair garfts.

http://www.atlantishairtransplant.com/ is their website

the work was very cheap and post-op, I had too much swelling in the graft sites

Two days back, I had another surgery with Dr. Griffin to correct my hairline . The surgery was very smooth compared to the earlier ones. Eventhoygh I paid double the money , it was well worth the price. I will post some pics soon

Link to my Blog

http://hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=546

transplant_dude,

Welcome to our hair restoration forum.

I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience however, am glad to see that one of our elite Coalition Physicians Dr. Griffin is taking good care of you.

I hope you'll share your experience and post your photos by creating a free hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

wow, that is a scary web site. they show graft estimates for a nw6-7 at 2500! also, on the first patient gallery they use the term "mini-graft."

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

They are claiming 21000 people have had hair transplants there.

Shocking.

Maybe we should be visiting every clinic to observe their practices and see some patients before we recommend them.

Glad you found Dr. Griffin my friend!!!!!

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I heard about the first doctor searching in the web. That time I didnt realize that quality matters and paid more attention to the price I was paying. I faced so many embarassing situations after the first transplantation. Some people asked me if I was wearing a wig or something..

I found out about Dr.Griffin from this site as one of the recommended surgeons. I am glad I had hair left in my donor area to correct the hairline

money well spent, I guarantee it! How can you put a cost on your self-image? I can't imagine people asking you if you were wearing a wig. Now, rest assured, you will be a much happier man.

can you tell us the details of your new surgery (graft totals, age, NW level etc..)?

How long ago did you have your first surgery?

Im glad you found this doc and this site. Im sure things are going to completelly turn around for you.

I can't imagine having to have gone through a ht and then have people ask you if your wearing a wig. That must have sucked. the nerve of some people. thats like walking up to a fattie and asking if her if shes wearing midgets under her dress.

keep us posted and congrats on your new hair!!!

Guest josh - b

that has got to be one of the dodgiest ht websites i have ever seen.

transplant dude,

Good luck to you with your results from dr griffin. You'll look great in no time.

TD, you're lucky; while the lousy HT was pluggy looking, you have a pretty decent base to start with. your recent HT should make you look great. good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

wish you all the best with your latest ht.

quite a few of us have made mistakes with our choices for a ht but now you have done your research you will be sorted.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Originally posted by Dr. Mejia:

Kris Johnson is not a physician. You must have had your procedure done by somebody else in the group. Last I knew, only doctors could perform surgeries.

well..he was the one who cut my donor area and made incisions on my scalp . As a person, he was a nice guy..He took care of me very well pre-op and post-op ..but his procedure was way old . I ended up with what I feared most about HT , a plugged look. You can look at their website and it claims him as the surgeon

I've gone thru a lot in the last two years with that bad hair . I want everyone else out there to be careful when choosing their surgeon and learn from my experience

Originally posted by tranplant_dude:
Originally posted by Dr. Mejia:

Kris Johnson is not a physician. You must have had your procedure done by somebody else in the group. Last I knew, only doctors could perform surgeries.

well..he was the one who cut my donor area and made incisions on my scalp . As a person, he was a nice guy..He took care of me very well pre-op and post-op ..but his procedure was way old . I ended up with what I feared most about HT , a plugged look. You can look at their website and it claims him as the surgeon

I've gone thru a lot in the last two years with that bad hair . I want everyone else out there to be careful when choosing their surgeon and learn from my experience

Glad your are repaired TD, I am surprised a non-doctor can cut your donor. Recipient areas I have heard of but even that scares me. You may want to check State Laws on that and follow up with a nice lawsuit if it is warranted. Remember that not just you but others scalps are at stake here.

Good luck,

NoBuzz

A hair transplant is not the best procedure to cut costs on ! You generally get what you pay for.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

A hair transplant is not the best procedure to cut costs on ! You generally get what you pay for.

I don't necessarily agree that you get what you pay for. Some physicians charge much without delivering a quality result.

I think I would say it more like this. The cost of hair transplant should be one of the last considerations. Evidence of quality should always come first icon_smile.gif

Bill