HT doctors in Columbus, OH

RKS

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and find it to be very helpful in understanding about HT. Thank you all.

I am considering a HT myself and would like some inputs regarding doctors in Columbus, OH. Can you please suggest some docs in and around Columbus, OH.

Thank you in advance for your inputs/suggestions.

RKS

Hi RKS,I am a new member to the site too. I just had a hair transplant with 2100 grafts and am 100% satisfied with the progress and Dr.. I had my surgery done in Cross Lanes, W.V. with Dr. Turner. He has a website it is Turner Medical Spa.com. I hope this helps

RKS,

Welcome to our forum community.

I'd recommend consulting with Dr. Haber who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians for producing world class results. Feel free to use the "find feature" of this forum community to see what his patients are saying.

Shawn,

I'm glad to hear that you had a positive hair transplant experience. Remember that you can't evaluate the final result until the hair grows in. I am not familiar with your physician. I encourage you however, to share your experience and photos by creating a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

RKS,

Im not familiar with any docs in that area. But, I would NOT let distance be a factor in your choice of a doc. There is way too much at risk with this surgery. Like your head. Do some research on here and base your decision on which doctor you find to have the most consistent and best results with a proven track record, not if you can walk home from the clinic...

Hello all,

Thank you for the inputs. It is only recently that decided to go for a HT and as a first step, I contacted a HT clinic/doc today. Since this is only the beginning, I thought I will contact someone locally atleast to hear what they are saying. I went to 'Van Scoy Hair clinic / PAI Medical group' (I do not find any search results for this orgn. on this site). Did anyone around have any experiences with this doctor/clinic? I was thinking I was going to speak with the doctor today, but it was not. Anyhow, I asked for another appointment with doctor and it is arranged.

Their site as well as the person I spoke to mentioned something about 'Multi-Unit Hair Grafting'. What is this? How is this different or similar to all that is being discussed on this form? Since I am new, I am not too familiar with the terms and all.. Pardon me. If someone could help me understand, it would be great.

Thanks

RKS

"multi-unit hair grafting"...OoOhh, 'tisk, tisk. this is not good. You know how people refer to ht's as "plugs"? well, that is because back 10-15 years ago they only used multi unit hair grafting. It is when they place several hairs 2,3,4, into one slit on the top of your head resulting in a doll like hair line. Now the good docs only use multi unit grafts for BEHIND the hair line and only use single hair grafts in the hair line so it looks natural...

another bad sign is that the doc didn't even show up to your consult. only a doc should evaluate you and give you his suggestions.

just do a search on here under the coalition surgeons. Look at Hasson and Wong and Dr. Feller (in NYC) websites. They have information regarding how the surgery is performed.

Here:

http://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplants/fug/follicular-unit-grafting.php

And here's my favorite mop:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/shuffle/

and here's my favorite luscious lil baby...

zy069.jpg.1df1e95c37ae4f5e9cf7cbf0b9602abb.jpg

I believe Dr. Haber is in Ohio and you should do a consult with him if you are unwilling to travel.

However, I suggest you do some phone and virtual consults with other docs before you pull the trigger.

Also, try to find out what % of hair transplantation makes up your docs business--- if they are dabbling in everything, might be a sign to look elsewhere.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Brad Wolf is another very good doc to look at if you are staying in Ohio.

Good luck with your research.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

RKS. I have personaly seen some work in person of patients of Dr. Wolf. Top quality in my opinion. He is in Cincinnati. Definately worth a in person consult. That will tell you more than anything on the net. After you meet some of his past patients you will then know if he is the one for you to do ht with or not. Also I am not sure about now but in the past he also did consults in Columbus. Good luck with your research.

Originally posted by RKS:

Hello all,

Thank you for the inputs. It is only recently that decided to go for a HT and as a first step, I contacted a HT clinic/doc today. Since this is only the beginning, I thought I will contact someone locally atleast to hear what they are saying. I went to 'Van Scoy Hair clinic / PAI Medical group' (I do not find any search results for this orgn. on this site). Did anyone around have any experiences with this doctor/clinic? I was thinking I was going to speak with the doctor today, but it was not. Anyhow, I asked for another appointment with doctor and it is arranged.

Their site as well as the person I spoke to mentioned something about 'Multi-Unit Hair Grafting'. What is this? How is this different or similar to all that is being discussed on this form? Since I am new, I am not too familiar with the terms and all.. Pardon me. If someone could help me understand, it would be great.

Don't give anyone a deposit yet, and keep looking at this site for about a month and you'll have a much different perspective, imo.

I have done the same, and ended up with a different doctor for sure. But, I actually spoke with two doctors and about five clinics. I can't find anything negative about the one I've chosen, so I'm pretty confident in his ability and experience.

I've gotten emails from people all over the country and Canada on their experience, so I feel much more educated than when I first put up a post like yours a month ago.

Thanks

RKS

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Dewayne:
Originally posted by RKS:

Hello all,

Thanks

RKS

Don't give anyone a deposit yet, and keep looking at this site for about a month and you'll have a much different perspective, imo.

I have done the same, and ended up with a different doctor for sure. But, I actually spoke with two doctors and about five clinics. I can't find anything negative about the one I've chosen, so I'm pretty confident in his ability and experience.

I've gotten emails from people all over the country and Canada on their experience, so I feel much more educated than when I first put up a post like yours a month ago.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hi,

This is my first post. I signed up today when I saw your question about Van Scoy Clinic.

DO NOT go with Van Scoy Clinic.

I had a transplant with them some time ago and was butchered by their doctor in the form of larger grafts along the hairline.

It's taken 2 surgeries with Dr. Bernstein in NJ to cover up the damage.

When I expressed my feelings to Van Scoy (father & son) I was told they are not accountable because the doctor flew in from out of town and this was carefully worded in their contract. They used this excuse to me repeatedly including a BBB report I filed. They placed all the blame on the doctor.

I also did follow up with Dr. who it turns out was based in the Pittsburgh, PA area. I never did get to see the actual doctor who performed the surgery, but met with "head doctor" Richard Gianotto and the owner/salesman & another sales person. The company I visited was what is now MHR. They all felt it was an excellent job and I felt like they were ganging up on me for bringing up an erroneous claim.

In regards to Dr. Haber, I live near his clinic in Cleveland, Ohio and had a consult a while back. He was very honest & clear about what I would need and there was no meeting with any salespeople. Doctor haber also supplied a list of about 20 of his patients I could contact to see the caliber of work that he does.

Hope that helps.

John

• 3 months later...

I don't know when you did your surgery with Vanscoy PAI Medical but, it has been almost 3 years since mine and it is incrediable. My doctor was from Seattle not Pittsburg and I don't know who this Dr Gianotto is I can't find him associated with vanscoy in anyway. I did visit with Dr Haber before choosing vanscoy and he told me 2-3 surgeries. I have only done one surgery and the multi-unit grafting they explained to me gave me the full results I was looking for. I would totally recommended Vanscoy based on my experience.

Tommy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...