10,000 grafts at H&W

Balding

I haven't heard of it but it wouldn't surprise me. The most I'm aware of so far, that is, actually seeing the results is Bobman on this site with 7804 grafts.

Do you have any further info? I'm curious and would love to see the results.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

The most grafts I thought were received by NicNitro totaling about 8500. That guy's hair looks amazing!!!! His hairline is real low and the kind of density he has is just amazing. He keeps his hair short to 1/2 inch and you can not even detect a scalp through his hair that's how dense it is. Pretty good for someone who was Norwood 6.

Personally, I've had 8000 fu's from Dr. Wong. Before him I had 800 mini-grafts out of which only 300 grew. While only 300 grew the rough equivalent of 2000 plus fu's were pulled before I even met Dr. Wong so you could say that I've had 10,000 plus grafts but it's a toss up really.

Officially, the first with 10,000 was done three days ago by Dr. Wong. He was a NW7 with loads of dense strong donor hair. It took four, maybe five surgeries but this 40 something patient may very well have more grafts than anyone on the planet and is the first true all fu 10,000 graft patient. Official count is 10,188.

Nicnitro does not have 8500 but he may be there or higher if he has a second. Right now he's at 6279 in one session.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I just did a search and a doctor at New Hair Institute says he has done 10,000 grafts several times as well.

How many grafts can be transplanted in a person in his lifetime?

Simple Answer: It depends.

From my personal experience at NHI with over 18,000 hair transplant surgeries from the various clinics I have managed, the most transplanted hair grafts on a single patient done under my care was about 10,000 (over several surgeries). There are many patients between 8,000-10,000 grafts. These are often the exceptional case in which the patient had a very high density donor hair supply. Most Norwood Class 7 patients are happy with about 5,000 to 7,000 grafts.

We are born with 100,000 (average) to 200,000 (exceptionally high) hairs. Of those, only the back and side part of your scalp is considered permanent hair if you have male pattern hair loss. If you roughly estimate the back part of your scalp to be 30% of your total scalp area, then you can argue that 30,000 to 60,000 hairs in the back part of your scalp can be considered permanent, leaving with about half (theoretically) able to be moved somehow. For a typical hair transplant to be undetectable (so that your donor area scar is not noticeable) I suspect you can safely get 8,000-10,000+ hair grafts over several hair transplant procedures provided that the donor supply can be maintained healthy and scarring is minimal and able to be controlled.

Some doctors love to push the numbers. The push to high numbers are for money (to the doctor as he charges per graft), his ego (he can say he has patients with high numbers putting him in the ??mile high club'), or the agenda of his patient. Please be careful that you as a patient know what you are getting into and best be sure that your doctor has the experience by personally meeting some of those patients who have these numbers actually done