n/a

mahilladoctor

The best advice I can give you is the same that was given to me a couple of months back: SLOW DOWN....

Spend the next couple of months doing some research and stay the heck away from Bosley. If I were on the West Coast, I'd check with Dr. Alexander in Arizona - though I'm sure some can recommend good docs in Cali. It looks like there are Three (3) recommended in Southern California.

Look up at the "Find a Physician" tab and start doing some research. Don't rush out and make a mistake!

Believe me, pretty soon you'll be 35 and still be interested in looking half way normal, so you don't want to get messed up now.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Bosley SUCKS!!!

they are a hair-mill.

the Mcdonalds of ht's.

So many guys have come to this forum AFTER having been butchered by a psuedo-doc (which there are PLENTY in this industry) and are left with a massive scar, pluggy hair line, and very poor *THIN/WEAK* results...

Worst of all, one only has so much donor hair available and they are basically wasted by these poor docs.

Check out the coalition docs on this forum.

They are tried and true.

They have to meet very specific criteria to be considered a "coalition doc" on this forum; including not having more than 3 substantive complaints against them AND for every serious complaint, they always adress and resolve the issue.

Im in Sourhtern California as well.

Check out Hasson and Wong which is just a short flight away as they are (in my mind) the BEST.

are you on meds?

22 is young, but others have had ht's at this age.

what is the extent of your loss?

family history?

some food for thought:

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/shuffle/

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/london_lad/

Keep researching, and do a couple consults (online or live) with some bonefied great clinics (a Coalition doc would be a good start). In California, Siporin seems to be getting very good feedback.

Before you make sure you go through with an HT make sure you really understand what the process is like -- the recovery, the expected results, future procedures which may be necessary, etc.

I don't think your age makes you an illegitmate candidate necessarily, especially if you really understand what is going on and all the pros and cons. Make sure you are making a totally educated decision, basically.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Naveed,

Welcome to our forum.

Spend some time researching hair transplantation in order to learn whether or not you are a good candidate.

Selecting a quality physician is vital to ensure a successful hair transplant experience.

Don't let location limit your selection of a fine physician.

However, here are some names of some excellent physicians in your area to begin researching.

These physicians are elite members of the Coalition who are well known in the industry and have a proven track record of performing quality results. See our high level of membership criteria for the Coalition by clicking here.

Dr. Reed in La Jolla, CA

Dr. Rassman in LA, CA

Dr. Gabel of Portland, OR

Dr. Hasson of Vancouver, CN

Dr. Wong of Vancouver, CN

These physicians are also recommended:

Dr. Siporin in LA, CA (also being considered for the Coalition)

Dr. Meshkin in Newport Beach, CA

Dr. Kabaker in Oakland, CA

To learn how we recommend physicians including the difference between members of the Coalition and those who are recommended, click here.

Best wishes in restoring your hair,

Bill

Hmmmmm... that is odd....I wonder if his post was simply to see what the "response" would be?

Maybe he was not a patient, just someone working for someone who wanted information?

Interesting.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.