Toppik is NOT working *help

So I just bought my first 25 gram jar of Toppik. I tested it out right now and it simply did NOT work. As much as I put on my head, as I brushed it with my hand the powder just fell off. I then just tried pretty a LOAD of it on my head, then I brushed it again with my hand and it ALL fell out.

I have thin hair up top, but I have MORE Hair then a lot of those guys they have in their adds. My hairline is in place, when I use other concealers like Jerome Russell Hair spray, i can gel my hair and look completely normal. So why isn't Toppik working?

Hi ramozk1,

I've never used toppik but have used nanogen for the last two years, although they're different brands I imagine they do the same thing!

Concealers like toppik are great if you have a substantial amount of hair to use it on! If it is used on a relatively "bald patch" it will just look like paint on your head!!

When you say it doesn't work do you mean that it's is not effective in concealing your thinning top, or that it doesn't bond to your existing hair??

I have not left my house in the last two years without being covered in nanogen (or in a hat), luckily nobody has ever noticed it! I put it on my thin areas (and on the hairline), blend it in by patting it then cover my head in hairspray to make it completely wind proof!!

Could you post any pics with no concealer on to see how extensive your loss is??

I have put some pre,post nanogen pics below!

First one is post nanogen application!

nan.jpg.25c4c383e063ae79fb9a63f5a72b797c.jpg

hey guys thank for the replies.

This morning when i tried it, it simply would not bind to my hairs. I was getting really furstrated so I dropped a loan and it still would not bind to my hair. I gave up on it, took a nap, then I tried it again.

This time it worked! I'm so confused right now though, why did it work after I took a nap?

Well the product is in my hair right now and it looks really natural. Thankfully I still have my hairline in tact, so with this concealer it looks like I have a full head of hair. I don't really have any patches, I just have really thin hair throughout my head, my sides aren't too bad but it is a bit thin compared to other people.

I think I should look into getting a hair spray to keep toppik on my head just in case when a windy day comes up. I'm thinking of getting dermmatch and "painting my scalp" first then applying toppik. Good or bad idea?

Use dermmatch prior to toppik (I'd recommend Nanogen>Toppik, fwiw); then use the "holding mist/spray" you can buy to really bind the concealers to your scalp.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

That's great news!!

I'd definitely recommend you use hairspray to prevent the toppik from being visible!! Just use enough to prevent the wind from moving your hair!! The lock in mist, you can buy directly from the Toppik website, is good stuff but far too expensive!! Regualr hairspray does the same job!!

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking as a woman who has used them all on pretty large areas - If you're going swimming - Dermatch. If you are going to be under really bright lights - Couvre (but it feels like your wearing a cosmetic) If you want volume that hides the hair loss in general - Toppiks with any otc hairspray. If you use a hairspray for "hard to hold" hair it will last for a long time and just looks like you 'gel' your hair.

Toppiks has an attachment (kind of like a plastic fork-like thing) that helps a lot to get the frontal hairline looking natural.

Just some suggestions

Toppiks has an attachment (kind of like a plastic fork-like thing) that helps a lot to get the frontal hairline looking natural.

Just some suggestions

"hairline optimizer" -- works very well, too, I agree.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!