DR MATT LEVITT MHR

No, he isnt one of the top doctors - no one from MHR is. Put 'Levitt' in the find section to find experiences of Dr Levitt on this forum.

Pat, if your reading this i think we should be make the search box visible on the forum as I dont think its getting utilized as much as it should be.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

In addition to what JakeVig said, Dr. Levitt charges much more than the $4/graft rate because he is the so called President/CEO/Founder (some bullshit title) of MHR. I think he charges like double the rate for him to do the surgery himself. Why do that, when the Coaltion Docs are around 3-5$/graft range.

THANK YOU BOTH icon_biggrin.gif YES I HAD A SESSION IN 2002 WITH LEVITT, BUT NEED A TOP HT DOCTOR TO FINISH MY REPAIR JOB THAT WAS BOTCHED MANY YEARS AGO ON LONG ISLAND BY H&H LIMA , I SINCE RESIDE IN FLA.MY DOCTOR WAS CRAIG ZEIRING AT MHR IN 94 HE WAS GREAT, BUT LEFT MHR FEW YEARS BACK, SO LEVITT WAS MY CURRENT DOCTOR. BUT I NEED A MASTER AFTER 29 NOT SO GREAT SESSIONS IN 25 YEARS.

HI, CONFUSED, YES 29 SESSIONS IN 25YESRS THOUSANDS OF HT AND 9 SCALP REDUCTIONS, NOTE MOST WAS REPAIR WORK. IVE HAD ABOUT 10 DOCTORS IN THOSE YEARS IN 5 ORGANIZATIONS.I AM THE MICHAEL JACKSON OF HT SURGURY!

• Administrators

Audie,

Wow, you sound like you've really been through the "Mill" but still haven't checked out. With a dozen plus hair surgeries you may indeed be the "Michael Jackson of hair transplant surgery". But I do know a few who could give you a run for the title.

Welcome to our community. We deal in real results here not TV land hype. I think you will like it here. You sound like you bring lots of experience to the table.

I once got stuck in a seat next to Dr. Leavitt for an hour on a bus ride at one of the hair meetings. He spent virtually an hour talking about how dangerous our community and forum were. Mostly I just smiled and kept asking him to invite all his happy patients to post on our forum. But oddly enough they just haven't shown up.

Yes, I guess any forum that would enable people to share their actual experiences rather be mesmerized by infomercials must be dangerous in his view. It's a little like being a player and not wanting all your current girl friends to run into each other and compare notes.

If you use the "Find" feature on this forum to search for "Leavitt" or "MHR" I think you will see what I mean. JakeVig and BayScholar, you're right. This feature can't possibly be promoted enough. I'll work on getting it done.

Best wishes for getting off the crazy merry go round you've been on and getting the look you want.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

HI PAT, THANK YOU, YES I STARTED IN 1982 COUPLE SESSIONS WITH CLEVELAND HAIR CLINIC MINEOLA NY,RON GOLDAVICH AND DOCTOR GREENBAUM OR GREENBERG I BELIEVE, NOT AROUND ANYMORE. THEN IN 83 TO 1991 HITZIG/HANDLER DID 18 SESSIONS OF BOTCH WORK IN NY, BIG MISTAKE! OF COURSE IT WAS SCALP REDUCTIONS THAT DID ME IN AND MAJOR SHOCK,THEN 1992-94 I MET LEONARD LEWIS/KRISTIAN KENT IN NAPLES FLA, HELPED ME WIN MY MONEY BACK FROM HITZIG BUT THE 6 SESSIONS I HAD WITH LEWIS/KENT WERE LIGHT AND DRAGGED OUT WITH MINOR RESULTS. THOUGH I SWORE I'D NEVER BELIEVE ANOTHER TV ADD, I SAW MHR DR CRAIG ZEIRING FOR A CONSULTATION, HE WAS ACTUALLY VERY GOOD, HIS FIRST SESSION ON ME TOOK HOURS OF REPAIR AND A BIT OF TEARS FROM THE DOCTOR HIMSELF, AFTER 2 SESSIONS WITH ZEIRING, I TOOK A WELL DESERVED BREAK, AND IN 2002 FOUND HE LEFT MHR TO GO HOLLYWOOD SO TOO SPEAK. TOO BAD FOR ME, I THOUGHT HIS OLD PARTNER LEVITT WOULD CONTINUE MY REPAIRS, BUT AFTER A SINGLE SESSION I REALIZE I NEED A MIRACLE DOCTOR NOW, I THINK I'LL CONSULT WITH GLENN CHARLES OR EPSTEIN SOON AND HOPE ONE OF THEM CAN WIGGLE 2 MORE SESSIONS OUT OF ME USING MY SIDE DONOR AREA ,I THINK 2 MORE WILL DO IT WITH OK RESULTS.OF COURSE PERHAPS OLD 80S PLUGS I HAD CAN BE REUSED OR RESPLIT INTO SMALLER ONES,HOPING HAIR CLONNING COMES INTO PLAY AS WELL,I NEED IT! WE WILL SEE. THANK YOU ALL AUDIE

• Administrators

Audie,

That is one long rocky ride. Hitzig is infamous/notorious for problems. In my opinion, Zeiring, despite the crocodile tears, is no saint either. But after Hitzig I can see why he may have looked good.

You do probably need a miracle doctor at this point. Both Dr. Charles and Dr. Jeff Epstein do great hair transplant work. But Dr. Epstein does have a more intense plastic surgery background and has also done considerable repair work. He may be a better choice given your extensive sessions to date.

I really hope that you can achieve a natural look at this point so you can resolve this issue. No one should ever go through what you've endured.

Please keep us all posted.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Dr Epstein, for what it is worth, is a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. If you are going to have plastic surgery of any type, or repair work of botched hair transplants, I would personally recommend no less than Board Certification by a recognized medical specialty. At the least that indicates that you are getting a physician with a minimal threshold level of experience and knowledge. Board qualified alone does not cut it.