Propecia question

pdm68

It's less than 2 weeks. Merck's own clinical study said, " . . . discontinuation of the therapy resluted in a return of DHT levels to pretreatment levels in approximately 2 weeks."

vocor1

Knowledge is Power -- If the dumbest question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

PDM,

I use 1/2 mg of Propecia daily, for me it has been as effective as 1mg daily. I am 42 and feel my "advanced" age..lol, only warrants a smaller dose.

This is only regarding myself, for younger guys I say go 1 mg daily and check with your Doc.

NW

Dr Rose is one of the top HT doctors in the country and I wasn't dissuaded of that.

He prefers a conservative approach. I think he did me right by placing many FUs behind my hairline to plan for possible future loss. I have my father's hairline/hairloss. My top is thinning a little and his is very thin.

In other words, the doctor helped me not trade in all my tomorrows for today. I think that shows good judgment.

My hair looks like crap right now because my transplanted FUs have fallen out. They'll grow back in the next 3-12 months. I can say that after surgery, I saw a real aesthetic improvement. I have a young face and a low hairline would look great on me, but I have a NW2 hairline in the works, and that is fine by me because I won't look weird at 40 and such.

I'll let you know how things turn out. I have TONS of pictures I'm trying to organize into a website, including side-by-side before and after picts and such.

I also have a couple of picts that show the geometry of Dr Rose's work. They show the geometry because I took picts of me and drew in horizontal and vertical lines and such. They show a hairline with slight asymmetry which is natural. I think those picts show he did a great job on my hairline. I'll e-mail those to you if you want. They'll be on my website eventually, but if you need help with your decision, I'll share them with you early.

Hope this helps.

vocor1

If the dumbest question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I think Dr Rose gave you excellent advice on your hairline, I am 42 and had I lost hair earlier, I may have made the low hairline mistake. Good for you and hang in there. You will be pleasantly surprized how nice (and longer) the grafts will grow..it should have a very positive effect on your forehead when grown in.

NW

I'll send you those picts tomorrow.

The density appeared to be satisfactory. If I feel that I personally want more density, then I'll have another HT in a couple of years. In the meantime, I'll be happy for what I have. They did pack in the grafts pretty dense to my naked, untrained eye.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the dumbest question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.