So sad to see them go.....

Bluesman

At 2 weeks post op , about 50-60% of the hair that was grafted have made their exodus and I imagine the rest will have gone by the time the 4 week mark arrives. It is going to be a tough few months of anticipation until the new guys start to come in. It's only 2 weeks and already I'm impatient!

At 2 weeks post op , about 50-60% of the hair that was grafted have made their exodus and I imagine the rest will have gone by the time the 4 week mark arrives. It is going to be a tough few months of anticipation until the new guys start to come in. It's only 2 weeks and already I'm impatient!

Hang in there- This will be the LONGEST 3 MONTHS OF YOUR LIFE... (But- I'm sure you've thought that "time flies" at one point in your life- Here's your chance to have time come to a GRINDING HALT!) Hang in there- at about 2-2.5 months I had almost a depression-thing going on. Wondering if I made the right decision, etc...

By 6-7 months- You'll forget all about the 1-3 months...

Happy growing!

Hang in there. I am at the 2 month mark right now, and I've started to see the first signs of growth. It was definitely hard to see the newly transplanted stubble shedding, but it sure is fun watching it come back, and the wait is not that hard. It's gone by quicker than I thought.

Just about the time you are starting to forget about checking on, or thinking about their arrival every few minutes, that is when they will finally begin to show themselves. It is far worse than waiting for Santa to arrive, I can tell you! But don't you wish you could go to sleep and wake up.....

I know what you mean man! I am 3 months post op with Dr. Bernstein and I am so eager to see some cosmetic difference.

One thing you have to look forward to in the near future is the healing. At about 1 month, my wounds were completely healed and, if I never looked in the mirror, I would forget that anything had been done.

Hang in there bud. icon_smile.gif

I am at 14 weeks and had patiently waited to get the "3month monkey" off my back.

I heard so much about the 3 month mark that I guess I was expecting all 3,313 FU to suddenly be present and accounted for on the 12 week anniversary.

I sent pics to my Doc and he said everything looks great so far, and that at 6 months there will be even more new growth continuing out to 1 year.

Was there a previous post which calculated % growth per month? For example...40% at 4 months, 60% at 6 months ect.

You really need to keep documenting your experiences. I'm in consultatlion with Matt Zupan and Dr. Shapiro and have decided to have a procedure with these guys. Their work is so impressive! Your posts have been the inspiration for me to decide to actually take the plunge. The actual decision is when to go. I'm thinking I'll probably go in November or December. My work schedule is hectic right now. The nice thing is that I live in South Dakota, so I only have a 3 hour drive to his door! I just wanted to say thank you and keep up the pics in your posts...

Blues, you went to one of the best, its gonna look real good soon enough. I have found that wearing a bandanna is actually a plus. Women love it and its great for a bad hair week. They think your a pirate and then they want to be ravaged. Strange. All sorts of colors and styles too. Throw in a big Johnny Depp ear ring and your happening. best in healing and growth, WWH