hair from my mother

is it possible to transplant hair from my mothers donor area to my bald scalp. Ive allready read up on this but what if you built up your tolerance to there blood cells so they the hairs werent rejected

is it possible to transplant hair from my mothers donor area to my bald scalp. Ive allready read up on this but what if you built up your tolerance to there blood cells so they the hairs werent rejected

your body would reject your mother's donor hair; I think the only person that could be a donor would be an identical twin; taking anti-rejection medication for a HT would cause major issues as far as ethics--that will never happen.

Dude,

That's just plain weird.... icon_razz.gif

Seriously, my mom has to get her hair thinned every month it's so thick, but dhoose is right; your body would reject it. Surely even if your mother loves you she wouldn't do this for you?

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

22years,

The problem is that if you do, your DNA will be genetically altered and you'll grow a pair of breasts icon_razz.gif

Ok now seriously....

As dhoose75 and Dewayne said, transplanting hair from another donor isn't possible because your body will reject it. Though it might make sense to take anti-rejection drugs the rest of your life for vital organ transplants like the kidneys, it doesn't make sense for hair.

The only thing that might work is an identical twin, but then, he'd most likely be balding too and want to keep hs own donor hair for himself.

Best wishes,

Bill