Hair Max Laser Comb?

Hi guys,

Does the HairMax Laser Comb really work (aka: thicken and regrow hair) or is it just another piece of junk?

I typed in HairMax Laser Comb, Scam, Bad, in my search engine and it returned un positive results regarding it however there is a lot of positive results for it aswell when just typing itself in.

I have a lot of faith in this forum to tell me the right answer. (Preferably an answer from a person who is using it)

And also consider the price ??????¬350(is it worth it?)

And also what do you guys think of the other HairMax products.

Thanks in advance

Irish

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH

Cheers wanthairs thats all i needed. (and thats what i thought too.)

Thanks for your opinion m8

Yours Sincerely,

Irish

Current Regime:

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

Crescina - no results

IRISH

• 4 months later...

I have been using it for the last 7 weeks. They claim that 45% of people get good results after 8-10 weeks, 45% get good results after 12 weeks and 10% may get some results. So far, I have noticed that it makes my hair healthier and the hair darker. I also noticed a little of hair growth in the temple, but nothing outstanding so far.

• 1 month later...

Well, I bought the lasercomb in October '08, and after multiple hair counts my crown went from 16 hpcm to 24hpcm, so I would not say that it is junk. It also increased the volume of my hairshaft. That being said it is not a magic device, I just got a second HT on 03/18/2009 and I am using it to help with the healing process.

John

I would like to add one more thing.. As with all of the other meds and technology we use to fix our balding situations - The LaserComb does not work while under the bathroom sink. One frustration that I have with people is they say propecia doesn't work, Rogaine doesn't work (I might buy into that one though), Avodart doesn't work, etc. The more I talk to these people, I typically find out that they are not using as often as they are supposed to. When research is done and the company says it works if you use it x times a day or a week - it is because they have evidence of it working in that frequency. If you take a propecia pill every 2 weeks for ten years, you can say you have been on Propecia for 10 years and it doesn't work, but the truth is - you didn't use it properly so you did not see the intended results. Sorry to get on a soapbox, but I have been balding and using Rogaine, Propecia, topical Avodart (not sold on this yet), and the LaserComb and had 2 HT's. The only times these things did not work is when I was not using them.

I don't know about all LaserCombs, But I do know that Hairmax has spent tons of money on research and they still are researching in attempts to make it better. This is one of the things that I look at as being important. Rogaine's and Propecia's makers spent lots of money on research as well. So, I am more comfortable when the actual companies are spending big money on research rather than piggybacking on the original creators ideas.

I know that I am taking a lot of time with this one but I have seen two laser combs. I own and use the Hairmax, and I have played with the Viatek Hair Pro Laser Hair Brush. The Viatek is $146.00 on Amazon and when you use it, it is flimsy, has one laser beam, and 36 LED's (which are just pretty, red lights). The Hairmax at least the newer ones, are about $450 and have 9 separate laser beams that directly aim at the scalp and the combs separate the hair to make sure that it hits the scalp. So, you get what you pay for too, and they are different.

Thanks,

John

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know about all LaserCombs, But I do know that Hairmax has spent tons of money on research and they still are researching in attempts to make it better. This is one of the things that I look at as being important. Rogaine's and Propecia's makers spent lots of money on research as well. So, I am more comfortable when the actual companies are spending big money on research rather than piggybacking on the original creators ideas.

I know that I am taking a lot of time with this one but I have seen two laser combs. I own and use the Hairmax, and I have played with the Viatek Hair Pro Laser Hair Brush. The Viatek is $146.00 on Amazon and when you use it, it is flimsy, has one laser beam, and 36 LED's (which are just pretty, red lights). The Hairmax at least the newer ones, are about $450 and have 9 separate laser beams that directly aim at the scalp and the combs separate the hair to make sure that it hits the scalp. So, you get what you pay for too, and they are different.

Would you say it's not worth getting a third party laser-comb, then?

Thanks for the comments guys.. I guess like many hair products its pot luck with some people whether if you see results are not, you just got to try it. However as john2008 it will set you back $450 dollars and it may not even work as lokingforsolution posts says only it will work for half the amount of people using it and as John2008 said you have to use it as instructed which (i think) you have to use it 15 mins a day which i cant see myself sitting down for. Initially putting Minox in my hair i thought 2mins wouldnt affect me a day but after a year doing it i still hate doing it.

But im ging to back track on my original comment and say its not a complete piece of rubbish but does work for half the users but in comparison of time and $$$ spent im going to stick with the Minox and Proscar, and i will recommend them first before The laser Comb.

Regards,

Irish

Current Regime:

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

Crescina - no results

IRISH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The mixed results from user reviews makes me want to give it a try, but the price is really a bit high. I guess they have to cover R&D, but the cost of actually producing something like the lasercomb shouldn't be more than $50.

What does everyone think about generic imitation laser hairbrushes?

• 2 weeks later...

Lasers to regrow hair? Typically the device is peddled hard by Bosley and Hairclub, so take that for what its worth, even if it does something REMOTE, what aesthetic difference is gained by remoteness?

Inorder to be worthy investment it must have dramatic and tangible benefit in my opinion. Thus finasteride I use, rogaine I do not, a good hair transplant with a top doctor I am considering and a hair mill with laser therapy i am not.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 4 weeks later...

I would say not to purchase a third party. Most importantly, as with most things, do some research and see how much money the company spends on research and the outcome of the research. I think that alone will speak volumes.

Yeah, I don't really see any research on them. At least - not independent. Most of them usually sell on the idea of lasers "and LED's". To the best of my research, there has never been any significant on LED's growing hair at all. Believe it or not, I am a very skeptical person, and I was did a good amount of research. I have had two hair transplants for the hair and scalp clinic in Clearwater, Florida - Dr Markou - manager John Santino (I can give you their Web site on a PM is you would like, I know they are getting kind of strict about Web sites here). I asked them about it and it happens that they did there own study as well which showed good results. They provide laser therapy with the big machines for those who don't want to go through under the knife and tested this as an at home alternative. I have seen some people's opinions of my posts regarding the lasercomb and their feelings are understandable, but I can only say that it works for me. Again, this is not something that I would even imply is a replacement for Rogaine or Propecia, after having 2 transplants and being on these drugs for 10 years I feel that would be insane. However, it helps make my hair strands fuller and it has reduced my itching and irritation.

I hope this helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

John

Hide Post

Yeah, I don't really see any research on them. At least - not independent. Most of them usually sell on the idea of lasers "and LED's". To the best of my research, there has never been any significant on LED's growing hair at all. Believe it or not, I am a very skeptical person, and I was did a good amount of research. I have had two hair transplants for the hair and scalp clinic in Clearwater, Florida - Dr Markou - manager John Santino (I can give you their Web site on a PM is you would like, I know they are getting kind of strict about Web sites here). I asked them about it and it happens that they did there own study as well which showed good results. They provide laser therapy with the big machines for those who don't want to go through under the knife and tested this as an at home alternative. I have seen some people's opinions of my posts regarding the lasercomb and their feelings are understandable, but I can only say that it works for me. Again, this is not something that I would even imply is a replacement for Rogaine or Propecia, after having 2 transplants and being on these drugs for 10 years I feel that would be insane. However, it helps make my hair strands fuller and it has reduced my itching and irritation.

I hope this helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

John

I can understand that LEDs don't help, because they're just LEDs, and they're really not that powerful. And I do believe lasers could help as I read about using radiation, light radiation especially, to "reset" cells in a science journal years and years ago.

It's just that the hairmax comb really is expensive... I was thinking about getting a 3rd party one. What do you think if I find one that has all lasers and no LEDs? Do you know if the frequency of the laser is a big part of it?

I could take a look and test it before I buy it...

I don't have any itching or irritation to get rid of, though.

I've been looking it this as a supplement to Minoxidil as whilst i think it's working (shedding has gone, loss has stopped) it isn't doing anything to improve and I'd like to not use concealers for ever!

It is expensive for a piece of technology that doesn't work on everyone, do you need to use it forever (if it works)?

If not do you reckon we could buy a few as a forum, and sell them around eachother? Like car sharing but better?