How long does redness last??

pete68

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 3 weeks post HT and still pretty red but then again I had dense packing. You can do a search on here and get a fairly wide range of results. I've heard everywhere from little to no red right after the scabs came off to 3-4 months. Think Uncjim currently holds the record though...if I remember right he made it 5 months or so. I have to admit the shock of seeing me without long combed over hair in the front has caused a lot more questions than the redness. I've only had one person say anything at all and they just said "looks like you got some sunburn after you shaved it."

Dart

I had some shock loss below the donor scar (or the buzzed donor hair just hasn't grown back out enough yet) and mild shock loss in the original front hair. The hair I originally had in front is growing slowly but surely from the buzz. Pretty much all of the transplanted hairs have jumped ship and started their long slumber before they start growing again.

At a little over 3 weeks I'm still in the ugly hair phase. Front is short because it was buzzed (slightly red also) - probably back up to a #1.5 or #2. Sides are a #3 to prevent the scar from showing and I can't suntan to make everything blend together. That being said with a little Prothik the scar is undetectable with the #3 and if I use the Prothik to create a shadow in the original front hairs it doesn't look bad either. Can't wait for about another 5 weeks when everything will be evened out and I'll be able to use concealers better. Of course I really can't wait for another 7 months when everything will hopefully be growing in nicely...but I don't want to be too greedy icon_smile.gif

donor area via strip: about 3 months of pinkness for me

recipient area: about 14 days.

I'm fair skinned, but my recipient area redness/pinkness subsided quickly. I was quite pleased.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• 2 years later...

A little women's makeup works great. It blends in well even where there's hair. Just dab some on your finger and start rubbing it on you scalp.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery