Input regarding Dr. Williams photos requested.

• Administrators

I have encouraged Dr. Williams to post recent examples of his patients' results on our forum. I would appreciate the input of those on this community regarding these photo albums. Please post your comments by replying below.

If the members of this community are in time confident with the results being produced by Dr. Williams and his staff he will be invited to again be presented on our community.

To view these albums visit http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/3951099022 and http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/8971099022

Thanks in advance for your valued input.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

I have encouraged Dr. Williams to post recent examples of his patients' results on our forum. I would appreciate the input of those on this community regarding these photo albums. Please post your comments by replying below.

If the members of this community are in time confident with the results being produced by Dr. Williams and his staff he will be invited to again be presented on our community.

To view these albums visit http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/3951099022 and http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/8971099022

Thanks in advance for your valued input.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

After viewing both...............

I think the results of Patient 1 who received the 1353 grafts aren't that impressive. Just IMO, but if you look at the "more than 1 year post op" pic on the right side, density at the hairline/temple area where filled in seems marginal versus the rest of his hair.

Patient 2's results look pretty good. For an apples/apples comparison I'd liked to have seen a before shot without holding his hair back.

He seems to use a "bat wing" style hair line on each which seems to look natural on both.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Pat, as you know I am not about doctor bashing as a common practice. I think more gets accomplished for US (the sufferers) with a logical approach, rather than relentless torching. Of course, at some point room for that exists, as we have seen on this forum at times icon_smile.gif With that said, I think I see a commonality between the temple work of this patient and the temple work of embarassed1. I am not impressed whatsoever with the way the transplanted hair blends into the existing native hair, nor am I impressed with the sparse temple points intended to softly recede into the more dense point behind the hairline. I think it looks overdone and does not look very natural. Two things: This is either a difference in artistic approach or simply the result of erratic graft recipient sites and subsequent graft placement. Is this the worst transplant we have ever seen? No. But given the situation involving this particular clinic I am inclined to be a little more focused on the finer portions of the actual HT, instead of pronouncing Dr. Willaims fit to rejoin the coalition. Of course this is only my opinion, so I welcome those of you who feel as if this is top quality work, so we can compare views.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Based on the pictures provided, I think they look very good. But that said, I think the quality of the "one year" pictures themselves really suck. They are dark and just show a general far away look. The post op pictures have pretty good lighting.

With that in mind, I give the Doctor an "F", for the simple reason that if he had weeks to post some pics and that's what he put up, then I'm inclined to feel a bit fleeced. Just show your work. It looks to be okay, so show it UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.

Sorry Doc, but if you didn't realize the extreme difference in lighting between the two sets, especially given the circumstances at hand, then I would have to believe you're not ready to work on our community.

There was some interesting post the other day about how involved a doc should be during the placement of grafts. Some thought the doc should be involved with the placement the whole time, othes thought just the hairline, but it seemed all thought the final result is the docs resposibilty. I know why he was taken off the list recommended, and I would not reccommend him for his error in judgement in his staff, even if his pics are ok. just my thoughts.

The doctor appears to be using ultra refined techniques. However, there is more to a high quality transplant than using small blades. Part of it has to do with how the transplanted hair blends with the native hair. I have to agree with the others that patient one's temple points do not blend well. Maybe patient 1 is just not a good example. Patient 2 results are more impressive. I think I would need some more examples and I would be interested in seeing some patients with more extensive hair loss.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery