Shaving existing hair pre-op?

How important is it to shave the hair I have (NW4) before a HT? I deal with the public and I would be trying to hide as much as possible. But from most of the posted photos some doctors have shaved the recepeint area. This could be a problem for me.

How important is it to shave the hair I have (NW4) before a HT? I deal with the public and I would be trying to hide as much as possible. But from most of the posted photos some doctors have shaved the recepeint area. This could be a problem for me.

I believe most Doc's will want to shave the recipient area. When I had my recent strip surgery I had the area shaved. I went with whatever the Dr recommended in order to obtain the best result. Suggest you check with your chosen Doctor.

I think they shave it because it is easier to plant the hairs. Im sure if you didnt want them to shave it they wouldnt, but the surgery would be longer

rjvw,

Do some searching on this site..........there's an article somewhere in the depths in which I believe Dr. Victor Hasson explains the reasoning for clipping the hair very close before surgery. Placement is easier, less chance of follicle transsection, easier to determine original growth pattern of hair, easier to dense pack...........tons of reasons why you should.

Everyone has to make this choice for themselves. I can tell you.............I work in a professional environment every day and it was no big deal. I took off two weeks to heal and get enough of a head start on growth and strategically shaved the rest of my hair to match while minding the scar.

Do your research and make the choice you feel comfortable with.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Fuck the public. Don't you think they are laughing at you being bald? Shave that head, plant some seeds and grow some hair and then let the public suck your cock. Thats my opinion.

Where did you go to school?