8 Month pics

Son of a Plug

Mo,

Thanks for the comments.

Dr Jones said he packed the hairline at 40 FU per cm/2 so I guess I'll have to wait for the 12 month results before I can judge a "final" result. I'm sure when Drs pack at a certain density it is rarely an exact 35, 40, 45, etc. Upon closer review of the pic I agree it doesn't look like 40 FU per cm/2 yet. I have no idea what number it looks like since I haven't measured.

I do part my hair high on the left so that may be the reason the hairs look like they are sticking straight up. I will say that I still have to use gel along the hairline to train some hair down or back.

Mo, I do not mind the questions/comments at all, that's why I have posted pics all along. In fact I welcome more honest comments as I have been committed to posting honest feedback.

Does anyone think 8 months is enough to judge a final result?

I have had a hard time holding a ruler back by the scar. I can add a pic of the scar in another thread, but I would prefer to keep that a separate thread. The scar is not going to change any more, but the recipient site still has a little more time for comments/questions.

Thanks again for your feedback!

its kind of hard to tell from the pictures.

Obviously there is some growth there, but is it 3300 grafts worth? 8 months should put you at 80% re-growth density under the "classic" schedule.

at 8 months it depends on if your growth kicked in initially at 2-3 months or 5-6 months?

the hair style is a bit different in the before photo... Id say in the temple area you should have more growth, that looks on the light side, but thats in comparison to what appears to be natural hair their in the front.

Are you noticing more sprouts? myself ill be approaching 7 months later this month... i notice alot more sprouts. I had some uneven growth initially, but the other side seems to kicking in now with new sprouts..

First, the before pic is not after a fresh haircut and has more "lay" since the hairs are longer. The after shot is fresh after a haircut.

That is the best before shot I have

No I have not noticed any new growth since 5-6 months except that the hair shafts have thickened.

Son of a plug,

Considering your before picture, 3300 grafts should give you a full head of hair with a pretty satisfactory results...

To be honest with you, you either did not get 3300 grafts or you've had poor growth or both...

Sorry to be blunt about it, it's just my opinion.

I can see a dramatic differance, but what is up with the now photo? As asked earlier, it looks like you have toppik in your hair. Is this just the hair cut? Could you please post another after photo?

I can tell you have good coverage everywhere, since that is what it seems you went for.

All in all, looks good!!

Please post another now picture.

Arfy & Rooster,

Sorry I didn't address the concealer issue. With my 3rd child arriving yesterday I have been doing lots of things but everthing with about 75% accuracy.

No concealer no hairspray in that pic. In fact I do use some gel to train the hair direction and that actually works against the appearance of density so I combed it out for this pic.

My hair does look less shiny I think because I use 1ml of generic 5% Minox in the morning after I shower. I actually like the way Minox thickens my hair after I let it completely dry HOWEVER I do see that it takes some shine out of my hair especially when comparing photos.

Also, keep in mind that the before pic was indoors before I knew how to take better pic.

One more thing, the before pic taken after approx 6 months on Proscar and the after pic is about 16 months post inception of Proscar.

That's my complete story icon_wink.gif

Ah, it's the Minoxidil that makes the hair look different... "not shiny" like the before pics.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Congratulations to you and your wife on your new arrival.

By the way, I'm sure you already know this, but don't let the baby handle your hair when there are meds in there.

"Better hair style"?....ouch dude.

Thanks for all the feedback and hair style advice. I did not force Dr Jones to do the HT 100% my way or let him do whatever he wanted. I did not want a low or flat hairline and did not want to waste much on the crown so early on Proscar.

Before I left his office he did say that another 1,500 FU may make a final result (which I am sure would be along the hairline/frontal 1/3.

If I had a choice of packing the hairline dense and then using whatever residual for coverage or creating a less dense hairline and creating coverage I would go for the second choice. I would be afraid that a high density hairline would not leave enough donor supply for adequate coverage later in life.

As far as my results go, I am confident that 1,500 FU will give me the dramatic results others see from a megasession on the front 1/3 of the scalp.

As far as posting pics of a dozen angles and hair styles wet and dry, maybe I'll just take future pics of the same "hair style" but wash out the Minox. Deal?

Hey Soap,

Sorry man, didn't mean that as a shot at the hairstyle at all. I was intending to mention different styles to better show the work done. I'm not backtracking, that's really what I meant, didn't come off that way though, hehe. Sorry :-)

I agree with what you said about not wanting a low or straight hairline. If I get an HT I will go the same way, keeping a reasonably mature and somewhat recessed hairline.

Ahh the neverending debate between density and coverage, hehe. I think you are bang on that 1500 more in the frontal 1/3 would give you an awesome result.

As far as pics, I admit that I (and I'm sure others) get spoiled by websites from Futzy, Jotronic and a few others that take pics of every variety under the sun. Admittedly I (and most people) probably wouldn't be as hardcore as them with taking so many pics. So just keep doing what you're doing.

Anyways, I was just trying to say that I thought the results were better than what some people were saying for whatever that's worth.

Cheers :-)

PS- are you getting much sleep with the newborn? No kids here yet, but I've heard even stringing together a few hours is tough!

Hey man, no sweat on the "do". I actually laughed at myself for the mis-interpretation.

As far as pics go, the more I look at the 8 month pic the more I see that maybe it looks too well groomed (but I think every poster is guilty of this). Maybe next time I will muss it up a little or maybe finger comb it.

Hairline; Over the holidays my father asked why my hairline wasn't lower. I wanted to tell him that his HT was the main reason I wanted to keep some temporal recession.

When I do go back for density with the 1,500 FU along the hairline I will leave the shape of the right side but probably blend the left side in another 2 - 3mm.

The little one should adjust quickly to all the ruckus created by the 2 & 4 year olds. When we had our first we used to tip toe around saying "shhh" and then the door would squeak and the crying would start. I'm sure this baby could hear all the noise from the womb and feels right at home with lots of racket going on.

Thanks for asking

SOAP,

Congrats on your 3rd child icon_smile.gif

Looking at your immediate postop pic, I'm wondering why he worked on the area where there's hair already. It seemed like you needed no more than 800 to fill the corners and about 1200 for the crown. That shoud've set you up for many years. Minoxidil and propecia could maintain your result for life...

Are you going back to the same doctor for your next 1500 grafts?

Good luck with whomever does your next procedure.

The reason for spreading around the grafts was because of a very weak forelock separating the "patch" or "island" in the front and then a sparse crown.

The before pic does a poor job depicting density since it was a little blury and dark from being taken inside (it could be argued I was in the early stages of "comb over" YIKES!).

I basically asked the Dr to do what was best with the 3k FU to be honest.

The 1,500 future FU will most likely be a combo of strip and FUE. The strip harvest will come as a result of a scar repair and then I will know how many FUE I will need later.

No immediate plans on the first step (ie who, what, where) since I want a full 12 months healing before ANY further work.