Dr Hasson or Shipario (MG)

Hello Everyone,

I just can't decide between these 2 Drs!

Maybe others could help me decide by giving your opinions on these questions. Who is most natural especially hairline, who does best scar closure, who has most consistent results, who is best at camoflauging poor old work?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I just can't decide between these 2 Drs!

Maybe others could help me decide by giving your opinions on these questions. Who is most natural especially hairline, who does best scar closure, who has most consistent results, who is best at camoflauging poor old work?

Thanks

This is like deciding between Jessica Alba and Jessica Beal.... You just cant go wrong w/ either.. LOL.

Hahaha, good comparison dakota!

Chops,

The best way to select between elite surgeons is to consult with each, and look through a multitude of presented results, especially those from real patients. Feel free also to look through over 300 patient hair loss weblogs for patient posted photos.

Best wishes,

Bill

Usually I would say Shapiro hands down.

In this case its much harder.

I went to Shapiro but also considered H@W.

Theres no one better then Shapiro just possibly equal .

I see no reason going to Canada if you live in US and viseversa but all this is just my opinion.

Just research both and call and talk to Matt {shapiro} Joe [HW}.

Or you could just flip a coin and call it a day. icon_smile.gif

Please Grow, I find your statement "there is no one better then Shapiro" very interesting, because just this morning I was saying to myself "there has to be a "BEST" Dr.". Of course it would be open to debate (like is Jordan better then Chamberlign, is Bonds better then Ruth), but at least if there is a debate as to who is "the best", we would then come up with a list of "these 3 are the best" and then we all debate as to which of these 3 is the best, and in that case we would know that if we went with any of these 3 we truly cannot go wrong.

so, if we throw cost and location out the window, who is THE BEST HT Doctor?

Hasson? Shapiro? Cooley? there has to be a "Best HT DR" based on the work they have done

Your talking about some great surgeons-- Shapiro and both H/W. You can not go wrong with either.

I think Shapiro does great natural hairline work. Hasson has some awesome full density resutls with mega sessions (if you have lots of balding).

So depending on your needs, then all things being equal the final (and only time it should be a factor) would be location and costs.

Best of luck as both will give you great results.

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Zinc/B6/Saw Palmetto

3 oz Zrii daily

spex,

In that case then why are we all on here(this site) trying to find a good doc then if by your argument is we shouldnt make a choice by looking at websites ???

Everyone here may as well move on because according to spex its not "the best way to make a decision at ALL'

If you cant get your own site right which isnt very hard too do and if you are as good as you claim to be..not mention the $10,000 plus fee that docs charge

then im sorry but im not prepard to take that risk.

I dont live in the states so they play a part in making a choice in looking on line for the right guy and if theres only one tiny thing that dosnt seem right and even if everything else ads up im still out of there and onto the next guy and if he dosnt get a tick in every box move on again.

This my way of looking at like in the movie ronnie.."when theres doubt theres no doubt"

by doing this i except that I may mis out on a top surgon but id rather not take any risk or as little as possible.

Charlie I agree with you about the websites especially for people that know nothing about these forums .

I know for a fact if you went to SMG and looked at their computer you would see over a 100 photos

that blow the ones on the website away.

They have a new website in the works but theres been a snag somewhere.

Not only does H&W do great work they also do a wonderful job at marketing their clinic.

H&W have two doctors pounding away day after day sometimes up to 4 patients a day with documentation on every case.

In doing that they have imo the best website out there .

Most clinic have one doctor and alot dont seem to care about posting pics.

SMG website isnt why I choose them but H&W websites is a huge reason why I considered them.

Hello again guys. Well after about 10 hours of further internet research it does seem that most would indeed class these 2 docs as top 5 world's best. There do seem to be a few general themes that I have noticed that may or may not be true.

Dr Hasson may be better for mega sessions if you are looking at 4000+

Dr Shapiro may have a slight edge with artistry in the hairline

Dr Hasson may do slightly better scar closures with less risk of scar widening.

D Shapiro is more conservative and alos perhaps gets more coverage with the same number of grafts.

Do you think the above points are true in your opinion?

Dr Hasson may do slightly better scar closures with less risk of scar widening.

I agree with everything except for this ,especially when larger sessions are used.

Dr Shapiro does wonderful closures but its the patients healing that affects the final outcome more then anything.

Glad to see your doing your research.

You cant go wrong with either of these guys.

Not sure about H&W but SMGs aftercare is incredible .

They have been there for me every step of the way. They dont forget about you even years down the road.

Hi PGP,

That may have been slightly unfair to add that comment. I just seemed to read a few more scar issue posts with SPG patients than Hasson, but of course that may have just been due to their physiology.

Try and remember one thing .

Just because a clinic has the capibilities to do 4000 or more grafts doesnt mean your head will allow that.

Most of the time its not going to happen but when it does I would seriously consider H&W.

You have picked my 2 of my fav doctors .

I cant find one negative about either.

Im always amazed at the natural results SMG obtains and also when I see these huge sessions from Hasson.

They truly are two of the best.

Good luck in whomever you choose

My experience with Shaprio has been very good.

Personally, the most important feature is the hairline -- he is known as the #1 doc for this.

As far as density, he is conservative and is honest in telling patients that sometimes those mega sessions will haunt you down there road -- you have only so much hair, so be careful how you use it. He is capable/willing of doing the mega sessions, but has told me (30 years old) and others my age with family hair loss, to be careful about getting too many graphs so early on.

Both are great.

A few points to add here...

To Chops, read this then look at photos again.

An Education Regarding Photos

Second, to Chicagoguy...

"As far as density, he is conservative and is honest in telling patients that sometimes those mega sessions will haunt you down there road -- you have only so much hair, so be careful how you use it."

Can you point me to one megasession case out of our clinic that haunted the patient "down the road"? H&W defined what a megasession is today and we move more grafts on average than any other clinic and have so for years. What this does not mean however is that we frontload a hairline down to the patient's eyebrows and not consider the future.

And to PGP...

"Most of the time its not going to happen but when it does I would seriously consider H&W."

On the contrary, if necessary this number is going to happen more times than not. For virgin scalps with the proper requirements then 4000 is more common than not. Our average size session for these types of cases is right about 4000 grafts and we do this many times during the week, every week.

And for the record our clinic is not just known for big sessions. We happen to be considered tops for hairline design by many MANY patients which is why they come to us to begin with so "who's #1 at hairlines" is subjective. The fact about our hairlines however, and our work overall for that matter, is that we show more details regarding our work than any other clinic and this is proven by how we present our results. Bigger pictures with more detail, enough to show individual hairs exiting the scalp. They are closeup, well defined, and of course they are taken with natural office lighting instead of flash or studio lighting (again, refer to link above). Finally, we are the only clinic that uses a HD video camera for our videos and for each one we not only comb through the hair to show how it behaves naturally we also slowly zoom into the scalp to separate each hair showing what the transplanted grafts look like when they exit the scalp. No one here will find nearly as much detail with any other clinic's presentation.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Usually when someone say down the road they mean 15 -20 years .

How long has H@W been doing transplants .

I dont think any H&W patient has to be worried about the future as you dont frontload a hairline down to the patient's eyebrows .

I agree your photos are great but as of today HDC blows everyone out the water.

"In that case then why are we all on here(this site) trying to find a good doc then if by your argument is we shouldnt make a choice by looking at websites ???" Website photos are just the start to researching ht's. Then you go to forums to look for feedback on certain docs you might be interested in. Contact former patients from the docs you are considering through pm's on the forums and last go see patients in person.

Jotronic correct if I'm wrong, but I think H/W does a unique strip closure technique that was exclusive at one time. Maybe this is because of a wider strip being taken for Mega Sessions than other surgeons and to create less tention-- this might be why they are known for great scar results???

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogain xtra

MSM/Zinc/Saw Palmetto/B6

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii 3 oz daily