Can hats hurt your grafts???

So I just had my 4000 graft hair transplant last week and I decided not to really wear hats for the first week. Here's the problem, last night my roommate brings home this HOT girl I hooked up with a few months ago. Anyway, long story short, I decided to wear a baseball cap last night so not to look like an idiot. So this morning I noticed at least one of the grafts had come out which freaked me out. but the other thing I noticed was the hairs on my temples that were transplanted are looking smaller(kinda like they broke in half or got smaller). So my question is this, will this effect the outcome of my hair transplant? I'm just freaking out because I spent my life saving on this and now I'm worried I screwed everything up just to not look like a fool. Any advice would be appreciated...

So I just had my 4000 graft hair transplant last week and I decided not to really wear hats for the first week. Here's the problem, last night my roommate brings home this HOT girl I hooked up with a few months ago. Anyway, long story short, I decided to wear a baseball cap last night so not to look like an idiot. So this morning I noticed at least one of the grafts had come out which freaked me out. but the other thing I noticed was the hairs on my temples that were transplanted are looking smaller(kinda like they broke in half or got smaller). So my question is this, will this effect the outcome of my hair transplant? I'm just freaking out because I spent my life saving on this and now I'm worried I screwed everything up just to not look like a fool. Any advice would be appreciated...

if it's a week or so since ur HT it's highly unlikely that u lost a transplanted graft, it would probably have bled it it was a graft. you are more likely starting to shed your transplanted hairs which is normal........relax icon_smile.gif

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Guest Cousin_It

I agree with Irish, it was unlikely the hat caused any problems, like he said if a graft came out there would be blood.

You are probably going through an early shed now, that can be a good sign since the earlier they fall out the sooner the new can start growing in. Within 2 weeks from my transplant they had shed significantly, and in about 2 months new hair starting coming up. Good luck and keep us up to date.

Christian,

I agree with everyone above. If you didn't see any blood, I'm sure you are fine. Some hairs can begin to shed as early as one week post op, though typically they shed between 2-4 weeks. Wearing a lose fitting hat, even the first week is fine, I'd say it's safe to wear a tight fitting hat by about 10 days, but that's also playing it safe. Don't worry if a graft "breaks in half". The follicles are planted firmly in place under your scalp and that's what's important.

Midiman,

No, there shouldn't be any correlation. After all, a hat covers your mid section and crown too. However, just as a normal rule for hair, it's smart to let your hair breathe every now and then...so don't wear a hat TOO much icon_wink.gif

Bill

Thanks guys. So get this(Just my freak'n luck of course). I go to get the staples removed and one of them in the back "somehow" got reversed. Anyways, it took them a good 15 min to get it out and then wanted to put another staple in it's place for the next week. I was pissed! I asked them to use stitches instead. By the way, staples are IMPOSSIBLE to sleep with and would NEVER get them done EVER again. So now I probably run the risk of shock loss which I hope isn't the case.

Christian,

How in the world did a staple get reversed? Not sure how that could happen. Weird.

I didn't find staples to be that bad compared to stitches personally. Just when I got a chill for some reason, it sent some weird sensations in my head where the staples were...kinda like I could feel the staples in my head for a few seconds. Very strange.

I actually removed all the staples myself using a staple remover and a tri-fold mirror. I think people think I'm crazy, but it really wasn't that hard.

Sorry for your case though dude...that's really weird.

Bill