Hair Transplant in Atlanta

hi, i am new to the board and i have been steadily thinning since about age 20. i am now 37 and i am beginning to consider doing something about it. i had a consultation with Samson Hair Restoration, and would like to talk with a few other doctors. any recommedations of doctors in or around Atlanta. does anyone have any experience with Samson Hair Restoration, good or bad?

thanks

Hello lamont,

Welcome to the forum. I'm from the 'greater Atlanta area', actually about 25 miles north on I75.

If you want a world-class hair transplant surgeon, consider Drs. Griffin (Atlanta), Cooley (Charlotte) or Fisher (Nashville). Some excellent doctors are in Florida as well. Or, you can get great travel programs to top docs in New York, Minneapolis, Pheonix, Vegas and Vancouver.

The great thing about this site is the Publisher visits and evaluates all Coalition Doctors, and many forum members detail their experiences here.

I'm not familiar with the group you mentioned, but some of the best surgeons in the world are listed if you click on the "Find A Surgeon" feature, and then you just decide which is best for you.

Good luck and keep posting questions, calling clinics, and researching this site. Check out the patient photo section and the Hair Loss Weblogs.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

FWIW, I checked out their website. I'm sure someone in the next couple of days will give a more knowledgeable opinion, but a couple of things jump out at me:

Pictures - Don't put too much stock in the photos of celebraties. My first clinic counted as clients several local and statewide celebraties. Problem is, maybe the best surgeon worked on them but I sure as hell didn't look like them when I got done. Theirs looked great, mine never looked natural.

Also, it looks suspicious when you have pics of men standing by a mountain, in a field, etc. Most real ht photos are some guy returning to the office for a "after" shot, or standing in his bathroom in his underwear taking a picture of his head. Very rarely will someone take a picture from a recent European vacation; just to send back to the clinic. In my opinion.

Secondly, they talk alot about what other clinics do, how they advertise, how they deceitfully charge per graft rate just to rip you off.

World-class clinics don't have to bad-mouth any other clinics to get patients in. And, they are usually a 'sole-practitioner' or partnership, not a chain - large or small. There are exceptions but I'm not sure about Sansom.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dr. Cooley is an excellent doc, with fair prices.

I would recommend steering away from a clinic who feel they must "expose" other clinics to make themselves look better.

Nothing personal, but Cooley's work is proven.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks for the detailed responses. i am planning on checking out Cooley in the upcoming months. what appealed me to Samson's site was the idea of a completely natural appearence that they seemed to stress, density is important to me, but a natural hairline and realistic expectations are the most important. the name of the doctor at Samsons is Dr. Kenneth Anderson.

lamont,

Dewayne and B Spot gave you some excellent advice.

I'm not familiar with the physician you are researching however, there are a number of physicians worth considering in and around Atlanta.

Directly in Atlanta, Dr. Griffin is worth consulting with.

You may also want to consider Dr. Cooley of NC, Dr. Charles, Dr. Epstein, Dr. Rose, and Dr. Nusbaum all located in FL.

Remember to look for consistency is patient results! Feel free to use the "find" feature of this forum to see what their patients have been saying.

Best wishes in your continued research,

Bill

Originally posted by tranplant_dude:

Try Dr.Griffin in Atlanta ..I am really impressed with the quality of his work and the care they take. I had my HT with him 5 months back

dude,

Are you planning a 5-month update to your weblog? Are you seeing some growth?

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Lamont,

Although I've not had my HT as of yet, I just returned from a consultation with Dr. Cooley in North Carolina (I live on the NC/GA border between Blairsville & Hayesville) & have decided

to go with him when I'm ready to schedule as I was VERY impressed with their "no pressure" approach, feedback from clients & how they handle the whole process. Thought you'd appreciate the feedback as it is a major decision and this web site is a GREAT tool to use to get you through process.

thanks for all the great feedback, i will be setting up an consult with Dr. Cooley shortly. this is a great site and i really appreciate all the information. i am looking for a great medical doctor but also an artist who can give me the best possible look.

Originally posted by Dewayne:
Originally posted by tranplant_dude:

Try Dr.Griffin in Atlanta ..I am really impressed with the quality of his work and the care they take. I had my HT with him 5 months back

dude,

Are you planning a 5-month update to your weblog? Are you seeing some growth?

sure ..will update soon..so far I am very happy to see my pluggy look go away icon_smile.gif yes..I am seeing good amount of growth

Awesome. I'm at 2-months and these doldrums are for real! I figure I'll start seeing some growth in August but I look at my hair more now than ever.

However, I will say the only issue I've had in the first two months is a pimple that appeared on my crown this morning. I popped it fine, though.... icon_razz.gif

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

• 1 month later...

I know this post is a little outdated but I wanted to just add my experience in here. I've had one procedure with Dr. Griffin and wasn't really pleased with the results. I stumbled across this forum about a week ago because I wanted to share my experience at Samson Hair Restoration in Atlanta. I had my second procedure there about 5 months ago and my results are just starting to show up. It's amazing what a difference between 2 procedures. First of all I had absolutely no pain during my procedure at Samson. Before I did my procedure there I spoke to 5 of their previous patients and got their feedback. I'm really impressed with the results that these patients have had. These guys are artists more than surgens and that's what I was looking for. Basically they fixed the un-natural look that Dr. Griffin gave me and now I don't have to worry about if someone gets too close to me if they are going to be able to tell I've had HT or not. I would not write off Samson Hair Restoration just because you've never heard their name before or because they have nice pictures... do you homework... I think you will be impressed. I'm glad I did.

I stumbled across this forum about a week ago because I wanted to share my experience at Samson Hair Restoration in Atlanta

Pilot,

Mind sharing some pics w/ us ?

Im gonna go out on a limb here and assume you dont work for SHR.

I dont have experience w/ SHR, so my opinions are based soley on what I've read about them. From what I've read they are not a world class hair restoration clinic, But if you can show us some pics 1st before any HT's, 2nd after your 1st HT w/ Dr. Griffen, and then after your 2nd procedure it would be helpful to any one considering a procedure w/ SHR. THANKS!!!

Well I just posted in another thread that I would post my pics as soon as I got back to Atlanta... but I have a question: why is it that I make 2 threads about SHR and in both threads people insuniate that I work for them! Please don't tell me that this is one of the forums that unless we discuss the Doctors or clinics that help pay for this site then automatically people assume competition. I was trying to help out.... either way everyone looking at these forums should really validate these Doctors or clinics for themsselves.

• 2 years later...

Hey lamont, did you get your hair restoration procedure done with Dr. Kenneth Anderson? Wondering if you are happy with the results. I'm considering him myself.

thanks for the detailed responses. i am planning on checking out Cooley in the upcoming months. what appealed me to Samson's site was the idea of a completely natural appearence that they seemed to stress, density is important to me, but a natural hairline and realistic expectations are the most important. the name of the doctor at Samsons is Dr. Kenneth Anderson.

Well I just posted in another thread that I would post my pics as soon as I got back to Atlanta... but I have a question: why is it that I make 2 threads about SHR and in both threads people insuniate that I work for them! Please don't tell me that this is one of the forums that unless we discuss the Doctors or clinics that help pay for this site then automatically people assume competition. I was trying to help out.... either way everyone looking at these forums should really validate these Doctors or clinics for themsselves.

Pilotguy, did you get your procedure done by Dr. Ken Anderson? Isn't he with Emory Facial Center now? I'm considering him. I talked to a bunch of docs including Griffin but got my best gut feeling with him. But wondering what kind of experience others have had with Dr. Anderson.

• 8 years later...

Anyone familiar with Anderson in Atlanta?

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week