Itchy scalp and Hair Loss

Hey Everyone, i just have 2 really quick questions for everyone in the community.

1) Does anyone suffer itchy scalp during the day especially in the areas where your hair is thinning or receding. My head seems to itch in areas where my hairline is receding and in the crown area, where i think its starting to thinning. Any ideas or experiences????

2) Does anyone want to explain how DHT is created?? When i do a search for it, most websites only tell you how your organs create them, but exactly what do we do in life that creates DHT???

Some people say too much sex and masterbation and ejeculation increases DHT. Some say its naturally produced depending on certain people, they produce different amounts. Some say smoking increase it, some say drugs????

Any ideas anyone????

I think these 2 questions can be quite useful for some people so thats why i thought i might bring it up.

Thanks everyone

Jojojo.

Hey Everyone, i just have 2 really quick questions for everyone in the community.

1) Does anyone suffer itchy scalp during the day especially in the areas where your hair is thinning or receding. My head seems to itch in areas where my hairline is receding and in the crown area, where i think its starting to thinning. Any ideas or experiences????

2) Does anyone want to explain how DHT is created?? When i do a search for it, most websites only tell you how your organs create them, but exactly what do we do in life that creates DHT???

Some people say too much sex and masterbation and ejeculation increases DHT. Some say its naturally produced depending on certain people, they produce different amounts. Some say smoking increase it, some say drugs????

Any ideas anyone????

I think these 2 questions can be quite useful for some people so thats why i thought i might bring it up.

Thanks everyone

Jojojo.

JoJO,

There was a point in my life where I could put my hand thru my hair and pull out 10+ hairs at a time. My head was always super itchy and I do believe that there was a correlation but couldn't see any physiological issues when evaluated by a dermatologist. It felt almost as if it itched in the spot where a hair was falling out. Seems strange but that is the only way I can describe it.

In terms of sex and masturbation increasing DHT, if that were true Bill would be a NW6--oh wait he was...Hmmmm. Maybe there is something to it. I doubt its a major issue as Gene Simmons and other major rock stars still have their hair after thousands of sexual romps. icon_cool.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

if that were true Bill would be a NW6--oh wait he was

NN...how did you know? LOL

jojojo1,

DHT is created when testosterone (produced by the androgen hormone in the scalp) combines with an enzyme known as 5 alpha-reductase.

You can find more information about it on our news site located here.

But I suspect you are looking for a more involved explanation. Unfortunately I don't have it. Perhaps a doctor can chime in on that one!

Regarding itchy scalp...I don't recall my scalp itching when I was losing my hair. But itchy scalp can be indicative of inflamation or irritation caused by dry skin. You might want to try some anti-dandruff shampoo to see if this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am experiencing the exact same thing! and strangely there is 1 spot that I itched that relieved most of the discomfort throughout my whole scalp, however that spot is now completely bald with hairs surrounding it (sux that its just behind my hairline!)

IMHO it's totally related to hair loss. My head is always itching/tingling in exactly the areas where the MPB is hitting hard.

And whenever I swallow a dose of Finasteride, this feeling noticeably diminishes within an hour.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies.

The main problem with me is that at first my hairline was really itchy and not too long after, my hairline kept receding even more. When it stopped itching, my receding hairline really slowed down or even stopped receding.

Now i am at a NW2 to NW3 and my crown is starting to itch really bad, and sometimes when i scratch it, you see a few hairs fall out.

Really scary !!!!

So i am gonna try Nizoral and see if it works

Thanks guys