1150 Grafts/Dr. True/5.25.06

L',

To further explain what I meant by the bulb in the graft, take a look at this graft pic link posted in "B spot's" thread (thanks B) about comparing African American grafts to Caucasion grafts. If you're grafts were trimmed using a microscope, the number of hairs or bulbs contained should have been evident as you seen them in this pic. Just my opinion, hopefully we'll hear from others on this. So, using this as an explanation of 2 hair grafts in the hairline just doesn't seem to make sense to me, but I'm no Doc either. icon_wink.gif

Keep me posted of how things go for you on the results of HT#2..............best of luck!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

L'Anonyme,

Sorry to hear that the first HT didn't produce the density you were looking for. As you know 1150 grafts is not a very large number, however, by the looks of your pics, I would agree that you really didn't need that many grafts in the hairline anyway. Regarding the grafts not growing, I'm not sure what to tell you. I tend to agree that it would have more to do with the way the grafts were handled then your physiology. It sounds like by what you are saying Dr. True didn't offer you an explanation of any kind...are you thinking about asking him? I know for me, I'd want to know...but that's just me. I'm glad Dr. True gave you 200 free grafts...just make sure you take and keep detailed photos of your immediately post op pictures and progressive pictures up to at least a year. Do yourself a favor at the least, and take some pictures in better lighting. Those last pictures you took are difficult to see, and will be difficult to compare later...just IMO. Good luck and keep us posted.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. I'll try to put up more pics in better lighting, but as I said before, you can tell what's amiss from what's up already. As for the poor growth, I think you answered the question -- bad handling, lack of quality control, whatever you wanna call it; that's the only thing it could be in my opinion.

• 11 months later...

In ALL honesty, it is *very* difficult to tell by your pics...

They have such a rustic, rarity of quality that one would only find in a Robert Rodriugez film (sin city, death grind, anyone?) which really makes it difficult to tell.

Even through the filter of your '70's horror film lens of your pre-op pic &(most) of your post-op pics, you appeared to have LITTLE hair loss...

That being said, you look good over all and have NOTHING to be concerned with...

L'Anonyme,

It's good to see you my friend. From the pictures, it appears that you have a very nice solid hairline now.

I've never been a fan of those types of pictures as the contrast isn't realistic. I hope you'll post some additional color photos also.

Best wishes,

Bill