HT This Thursday With Dr. Alexander!

Ok guy's & gal's, I have scheduled my procedure with Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Az for Thursday 5/3/07.

As most of you know I have been doing research here for a while.

I am 49 yr's old a norwood 6 & I believe the timing is appropriate for my first HT.

We will be concentrating on the frontal third of my scalp to create my hairline & dense pack somewhere around 2800 grafts up to my mid scalp.

I would like to thank all of you who have eased me into this desicion with the help of your own Ht experiences & wisdom. So thanks for un- selfishly giving your time & opinions to this forum. It helps more than you know! icon_smile.gif

Of course you will be hearing about my procedure with Dr. Alexander with pre & post op pics. Gotta give back what you get. icon_wink.gif

Any last word of wisdom is welcome.

Thanks, folica

Ok guy's & gal's, I have scheduled my procedure with Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Az for Thursday 5/3/07.

As most of you know I have been doing research here for a while.

I am 49 yr's old a norwood 6 & I believe the timing is appropriate for my first HT.

We will be concentrating on the frontal third of my scalp to create my hairline & dense pack somewhere around 2800 grafts up to my mid scalp.

I would like to thank all of you who have eased me into this desicion with the help of your own Ht experiences & wisdom. So thanks for un- selfishly giving your time & opinions to this forum. It helps more than you know! icon_smile.gif

Of course you will be hearing about my procedure with Dr. Alexander with pre & post op pics. Gotta give back what you get. icon_wink.gif

Any last word of wisdom is welcome.

Thanks, folica

Folica,

You have been a new member that has contributed a lot to help and learn.

Best of luck with things. You have chosen a great surgeon and 2800 to start with in the frontal area will definitely give you a new look.

Keep us posted. Take care.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Great to hear, folica. I've been a fan of Dr. Alexander's work for some time..............I'm sure it'll turn out great. Can't wait to see the pics!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

folica,

I'd like to add my congratulations to you for selecting a find surgeon. You'll be in great hands. Please keep us posted as to how everything turns out. And also...it's great to have you as a member of our community my friend. Thanks for also giving back to others.

Bill

Folica, don't do it man. Don't scar yourself for the rest of your life. I made the mistake and am scared 4 life. Go to www.baldrus.com and get educated. From what I have seen so far on this site it seems that most of the members here that promote HT are agents of the HT Docs. Take a look at my scar.

Photo_1.jpg.4621b575cf82c324a5a4a397436adcde.jpg

Scarred4life,

I agree that your scar is wide.

We can all certainly appreciate and sympathize with you that you had a bad experience, however, certainly there are many variables that may have accounted for that.

However, one bad experience with hair transplantation in general, when there are so many variables should hardly be enough to "scare" someone away from it when there have been so many successes. But I agree with you...education is key.

If you'd like to share your experience with us, I encourage you to start a new thread and share the following:

1. When did you get a hair transplant? Day/Month/Year?

2. Who was your doctor?

3. How many grafts did you receive?

The first 2 questions may be key in determining why you have such a large scar. Though many physicians have upgraded their techniques and technology, utilizing the latest tools and methods, there are still many physicians who have not.

Bill

NN, Thanks for your reply, Nice to hear from you! You have always given what seems like sound, unbiased advice! icon_smile.gif

Hairbank, You are a great contributor & I value your opinons. I know you are a fan of Dr. Alexanders work, even though you didn't have yours done by him.

Bill, Of course you responded to Scarred4life with control & logic. While still being sympathetic to his situation, you asked the right questions. And I can't wait to hear his response, if there is one!

Please grow please, Thanks for the vote of confidence on my choosing Dr. Alexander.

I hope everything is growing well for you.

Scarred4life, I appreciate your point of view but would love to hear your response to Billero's concerning your procedure.

Also I went to your web site : Baldrus.com

I read some stories on there however they all seem to be from procedures done in the 90's & not using proven Doctors using todays techniques.

I again ask you to respond about your own Procedure. Don't just do a Hit & Run scare tatic day's before my surgery! If you want to preach Bald is beautiful & that all these Dr's are quacks & most of the posters on here work for them, Back it up!

Folica,

Sorry you have to go thru b.s. like that just prior to your surgery. Obviously that is why you spent numerous hours on-line trying to educate yourself as much as possible. You have made a good choice and you'll be fine.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN,

It's nice to have you back man...even if it is temporary icon_wink.gif

Folica,

Thanks bro...I hope he responds to my questions. I will call people out if I have to. He's posted a total of 3 times, and they've all been along the same lines, though one he went as far as to blast a reputable doctor from our clinic even though he had no work done by him. Blasting for the sake of blasting will not be tolerated in this community...though if he's legit, I can certainly feel for him and hope he finds a home here so we can share in his burden. Regarding your HT...you are in good hands brother. Breathe easy icon_wink.gif

Bill

Hey Folica,

I think you've done your research enough to take the plunge by a trusted, proven ht doctor. With your surgery days away you are looking for support and validation of the doctor you are going to. Even though I'm not familiar with Dr. Alexander's work personally, many on this Forum seem to know him or his work. It sounds like you're going to a quality clinic. Best of luck to you. I'm looking forward to seeing your picture blog.

Good Luck tomorrow Folica. I have had two Ht's with Dr. Alexander and am very pleased with both and where they have brought me. I might be going back sometime in the future to get one more small HT to plug some hairs into my crown area. He does very meticulous work and is a very honest individual. I ordered the roast beef sandwich meal for my lunch, was pretty good. Got to sit down with the doc at lunch and just talk about whatever. He's a good man. All the best of luck, not that you'll need it.

tker, Thanks for your input, your timing is perfect! icon_smile.gif I am happy to hear that you had a

good experience with Dr. Alexander.

I feel very confident to be in his hands.

The Roast beef huh? Sounds good! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again tker!

Janna, you are correct that I am looking for validation in days, well just 1 day before my procedure! It really helps to have your support,especially from a trusted, quality clinic like SMG.

Thanks for being here, I will keep you posted! icon_smile.gif