donor healing

How long does it take for the donor area to somewhat heal (scab free)...I'm only at 12 days but it still is one big thick scab....I know this is early but it is very obvious as my hair is short blond and fine...also how early can I start using aloe on both recipient and donor? my recipient has no more scabs...just very red.

thanks for any advice!!!

How long does it take for the donor area to somewhat heal (scab free)...I'm only at 12 days but it still is one big thick scab....I know this is early but it is very obvious as my hair is short blond and fine...also how early can I start using aloe on both recipient and donor? my recipient has no more scabs...just very red.

thanks for any advice!!!

the scabs in my donor area were a bit longer then in the recipient area as there is more bleeding in this area. try soaking the donor area. you can use aloe vera now wihhout any problem and it will really help with the redness, make sure it's one without alcohol in it. grow well.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

creepingback,

I guess I'm the only one that will say this...but it sounds strange to me that the donor area is like one big scab at 12 days post op. That doesn't call for any alarm...but it's just not what I've experienced. 12 days is extremely early of course for the donor to be healed...but normally by that time I have very few scabs in the area. Though you shouldn't "pick" at the scabs...it's important that you gently massage the donor area in the shower with shampoo. Make sure you wash it daily and move your fingertips in circles all over the area...you can put some pressure into it as long as it doesn't hurt...just don't do it too hard. I agree with Spex...Aloe is always good too.

Bill

i'm at the same 12 day mark and my scar is completely healead and scab free.. its my receipient area that still has scabs from me hardly touching it during the first 10 days.

Ive lost about 40% so far of the implanted hair and 5 graphs on day 11... I was pretty dissapointed when I combed my hair and saw the folicle with 2 hairs stuck to it..... oh well.

So what percentage of the implanted folicles are suppose to stay?

Juan,

Don't panic, you cannot hurt those folicles now, you actually want those scabs to all come off, do it in the shower with your fingertips while shampooing. I hope you realize the transplanted grafts will shed then come back in 3-6 months, it is normal.

When these little guys shed if you see the bulb at the end of the hair that is normal. That is not the folicle.

Also, if you s

NoBuzz