Density?

Hi, I have already asked this question under my post in photos, but haven't received a response yet so I will try here...

I emailed my Dr. to find out how many graft I got per sq centimetre and his replied was

"The grafts transplanted on the frontal area of your scalp was approximately 40 grafts per square centimetre with one graft containing 1-3 hairs each."

Will this give me good density?

Hi, I have already asked this question under my post in photos, but haven't received a response yet so I will try here...

I emailed my Dr. to find out how many graft I got per sq centimetre and his replied was

"The grafts transplanted on the frontal area of your scalp was approximately 40 grafts per square centimetre with one graft containing 1-3 hairs each."

Will this give me good density?

Hi Creeping,

40 per cm2 will give you "reasonable" density. But don't expect it to be a thick restoration of your youthfull hair density. Much of it also depends on your particular hair characteristics. You had some native hair in there, so overall you will have more than 40 per. I think you will have a nice result.

Most people are a little underwhelmed about their density after a transplant. That's just the nature of the game. Remember, even at 50+ grafts per cm2, it is still about an illusion of density. It is no where near your original native density.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

creeping,

I'd say that 40 grafts per sq/cm where hairs of 2s and 3s are mixed in with the ones could indeed give you decent density. I hope, of course, that the hairline is made up of 1 hair grafts since it looks the most natural. But 40 grafts per sq/cm with 2s and 3s mixed in should give you some nice density if your expectations are reasonable.

Bill

As Gorpy and Bill stated, you should get some fairly good density. Mixed with some native hair and you'll be fairly satisfied with the result. It will never give you the density of youth but it will make quite the difference.

If you look at my pics in photos section (posted awhile ago) it will possibly give you an idea of density because I have been told by a couple of docs that my native hair is approx 20 FU/cm2. You would therefore have double or greater the density.

Hope that helps.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Yeah, you guys are right on......

Density is rather subjective at times, especially when you are dealing with an unknown quantity.

I will add to what has been posted by saying that 40 fu's cm/2 using all 1 hair grafts or even a mixture of 1's and 2's will not produce the same density as 40 fu's cm/2 of 1,2,3 and 4 hair grafts.

There is simply more hair when adding 3/4 hair grafts into the mix.

Bill is right when he stated that only 1 hair grafts should be used in the hairline itself---- the larger grafts should not appear until the transition zone.

In any case, 40 fu's cm/2 is a GREAT base and if you are not happy know that adding 10-20 fu's cm/2 in the same area will most likely meet or exceed your goals/expectations.

Take heart in this and happy healing!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks once again..I cant tell you how helpful this site and everyone here has been, both for education and setting my mind at ease..

I'm hoping for the best..and hope I will be satisfied with the density for at least a couple years.. Healing and waiting is the worst!