Reviews of Lesser Known Docs

The Forum is replete with discussions about H & W, Shapiro, Alexander, Rahal, Feller, etc. Are there other docs out there getting "first-class" results but just maybe aren't as well known or publicized? Come on members--let the secret out!

I would agree with PGP on Cooley and Konior as well. I think the biggest issue is that we all have the same information to go off of, and the doctors that you mentioned all have a stronger online presence than some of the others. I believe that Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bernstein also do very nice work, but are far more expensive. I've seen a few of Dr. Wolf's (not a member of this forum) patients in person and was throughly impressed. However, absent more patient posted work, I would not feel comfortable in going to see him. I also like almost all of what I've seen out of Dr. Haber, but I would not be happy with the work he did on forum member BurntheRug. Last, although there seems to be a recent backlash against Dr. Epstein, I still like his work and he has hundreds of photos.

Mountinvan,

Last year, the majority of surgeons recommended on the Hair Transplant Network were vastly unheard of and seldom spoken about on our community. And though some are still more popular than others, all of our members and guests can now see a much larger variety of results by visiting the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics".

Every prospective patient is drawn to some doctors more than others. However, there is plenty of evidence in our community that a much larger group of doctors are doing excellent work.

I think if more of our members contribute their input on this thread, you will see that the list of 7 or 8 doctors that PGP and TC17 mentioned will expand significantly.

Each doctor recommended by our community has been prescreened both privately and publicly and were found to meet our high standards for recommendation. Pat Hennessey (our Publisher) has reviewed several of these surgeons in person and observed them in live surgery. To see the highlights from these surgical center visits with photos, click "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics".

To see a list of all doctors we recommend, click here. See also, "How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeons"

As pointed out in previous posts, though our list of doctors have proven they are performing state of the art hair transplant surgery, our recommendation list does not necessarily include a list of every excellent doctor in the world.

Though we've turned down dozens of physician applicants interested in recommendation, others have chosen not to respond to our invitation to present photos to be considered for their own reasons.

We do however, have faith that physicians recommended on the Hair Transplant Network are producing excellent results and on this discussion forum, all surgeons are held accountable. No doctor bats a thousand. But to stay recommended here, all doctors must produce consistent excellent results and provide their patients with the highest level of care. This means standing by their patients no matter what, even in the event of complications, etc.

Of course, all patients are encouraged to research all physicians they are considering.

Best wishes,

Bill

I had my first procedure done exactly one week ago by Dr. Franklin Weinstein in Towson, Md.

I was totally impressed with him and his staff.

It was a great experience. I am a bit embarrased to say that I did very little research prior to making this decision. I was tired of my thin crown and decided to pay the doctor a visit. I decided the next day after the consult to go ahead. Dr. Weinstein's office is 5 minutes from my house, and I thought his price was great, even though I had no real reference. I will certainly keep you posted with my results. I am 1 week post op and all is going well.

I had my 3rd transplant now 2.5 weeks ago. My first transplant wasn't all too impressive (out of Northern California). But I have been extremely impressed with Dr. Gabel out of Portland, Ore. (actually Hillsboro). He has a great staff (he and his staff put up with my iPod and it's musical content for 6 hours -- that's a plus in my book-- haha), he cuts his own blades, so they are the right size and it reduced the bleeding as compared to my first transplant. His office also provides a great instructional book (which I have used a bazillion times), and he even flew up to Seattle to take my sutures out and no additional cost. Which is GREAT because I live in Seattle ??“ you can tell when someone likes their work and when someone just wants your money. I'm very excited about my hair and it's nice to now look my age (that would be 28 ??“ which now explains my musical taste! Lol)!