HT done 6 weeks ago

Hey waggy, It's six weeks for me too only this is my third HT. Everyone'e healing is a little different. My donor area is still a bit sore but only to the touch. My recipient area is about the same. I wouldn't worry about it unless it interferes with sleep etc. Every day will be a little less painful and before you know it, you'll be looking at the new head of hair and not care so much about a little discomfort. Happy growing.

The numbness varies from patient to patient, but it's safe to say that at 6 weeks it's way too early to expect it to go away. It will be more like months before you notice it fading.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Adding to Gorpy's post, you may experience small spots of numbness for over a year. Typically, most feeling should return in a few short months, but for some, numbness is a real issue.

Everyone is right though, 6 weeks is WAY too early to worry about it.

Just monitor it, and you will be fine.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I'm almost 6 months and while the numbness has faded a lot in the donor and recipient area, its still present. It doesn't bother me when I sleep anymore...it used to feel like I slept on a rock, but slowly and surely there is still some numbness there.

0.5 mg Avodart daily since 6/19/06

1950 grafts with Dr. Hasson in the front line 6/19/06.

Guest Cousin_It

It has been 8 weeks for me. The donor area is fine now, not sure when the numbness went away there, as far as the recipient area I still have about 4 sq.in at the front with a bit of numbness,not enough to complain about. We all heal differently so I am sure that whatever stage you are at now it will dissipate eventually. Just hang in.

Like others have posted, it just takes some time and is a little different for everyone. I'm now around 10 months post-op from HT #2 and can't tell I've ever had anything done......feel's completely normal.

Chin up.........you'll be feelin' the noggin' in no time at all. icon_wink.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.