The deed is finally done!

Teddw2ds

Tedd:

Your hairloss IS very similar to mine. I'm glad to hear that you had a similarly good experience to mine with Dr Rose.

I "owe" the forum some picts too. I have 5, 6, & 7 month picts and will take 8 month picts shortly.

Keep up the updates. Things will get really cool in the near future.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I am now at day 19 and there isn't a whole lot new to tell, except that the transplanted hairs are now really starting to shed, which is a little disappointing. I kept hoping to be the one to beat the odds and keep them for the long haul. I really enjoyed those few days of having a full head of hair again, and I know the permanent team will be back in a few months. But after having it for a few days, it was still a little traumatizing to lose that hair all over again, just as the first time, over the course of several years, I saw that hair disappear.

And later today... what you've all been waiting for... I will have post op photos!! Stay tuned!

Tedd

Making good on my promise to have photos posted by Monday afternoon, I proudly present... my post-op photos. I was quite disappointed with the quality, however. I tried to do the best I can with them, but my camera is apparently not very adept of close-range shots. Some others were completely blurry! I was distrought. But I salvaged these for your amusement. I hope you enjoy.

The top row is one day post op, and the bottom row is 7 days post op. I will post more photos monthly, and I will take those with a better camera!

This is my 1st hair transplant, and I received 1535 grafts from Dr. Rose in Tampa, FL on 8/06/03. I am 32 years old, and I was a Norwood 3 prior to surgery. As you can tell from these photos, I went for a fairly conservative approach, not knowing what the ultimate extent of my hair loss will be. I figured I can always go back and lower the hairline if need be and if my donor supply allows. But I was elated just for the time that I had the little stubbles, and I think I will be satisfied with that, even though it is still a rather high hairline.

Tedd

Day1-7.jpg.06bf1b73bb564b716757e9e944858d87.jpg

I think the middle top pic is the best for showing how the hairline will fit your face and I think it fit's just fine. Look's good. Now it's just hurry up and wait..LOL...MOM Are we there yet..LOL

The pic's aren't that bad, good work....

Paul:

I definitely owe some photos. And I have them all. I'm still thickening up some. Still getting ingrown hairs once in a while, but they aren't as obtrusive or poignant as their were 5-12 weeks post op. I'm feeling very good about the results.

Tedd:

The picts are fine. My digital camera has a "close up" mode. Without that on, the picts come out blurry. That is something you might want to check.

I think with hairlines, there is always a tradeoff. It is SO hard to predict the future and what exactly you will be satisfied with. Dr Rose did a fairly conservative hairline on me, but we worked on that for a bit until I was sure it was something I could live with. It take a TON of hairs to lower the hairline. That is a lot of bald area to cover up front for most men. And it is hair you'll keep forever . . .

I could have gone more aggressive but would have been thinner on top. Always a tradeoff.

You are obviously very happy with your results, your post-op look very good, so it is really a great situation.

Happy regrowth!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Tedd,

Looks good... good choice in the conservative hairline... pics are not bad, i am not a good photographer myself and hence one thing i avoid is taking pics in dark or at night... next time, take 'em standing at a window or soemthing (like your first row)they will be much better..

Good luck. i'll be tracking you.. icon_biggrin.gif

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

I managed to clean up another one of my day 7 photos... this one taken with a flash. It's still blurry, but the lighting is better. You can see that by this point, almost all my scabs were gone, and by the following day, you could hardly find a scab anywhere.

Day7_lighted.jpg.8ab07ae483e07d59bbfc819367189aca.jpg

Way togo Ted!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

and to think~I'm a norwood 3-4 now but looking at my brother and father,I'll be a norwood 6 when everything said and done icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by solid on September 04, 2003 at 06:48 AM.]

Ted~How you doing?Any details of lately?

do you also believe Dr Charles of the Shapiro group to be as effective/good craftmanship as doctor Rose?how about Doctor Steinbeck(sp?)of Miami?

Nothing much new to tell... I am just in that long, long waiting period. I am about 1 month post-op at this point, so I still have some stubbles, but no regrowth yet. I imagine by the end of the year, I'll have some stories to tell.

I am going for my second post-op haircut tomorrow, and I am excited about that. With my first one, I couldn't really cut it the way I normally do, because of how short the hair was trimmed around the donor area. That has grown out now, so it will blend in naturally and I can have the same haircut I usually wear, which is short. The scar line is amazing. I looked at it the other day after not examining it for a while, and it is nearly indetectable.

I just got back from having my 2nd post-op haircut, and I am just so thrilled, I am giggling. I told my stylist to just use a #4, because I didn't want to take a chance of the scar showing. He used a #4, but then said "You could go to a #3 without anything to worry about."

So I did, and even down to a #3, one month post-op, the scar is nowhere to be found! How cool is that. I am now completely back to my old haircut, and it feels great.

Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the new guys to start sprouting again. I have a few that I think are in for the long haul, because they have started really growing in the last week or so, after just being sort of dormant for a while.

Ted,

I'm so glad for you. My redness took about 3 months to subside. I cut to a #6 without problems, though I think I could do #4, possibly #3 now. Congrats on being bold and having the result to back it up.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

do you also believe Dr Charles of the Shapiro group to be as effective/good craftmanship as doctor Rose?how about Doctor Steinbeck(sp?)of Miami?

Hey, solid

Sorry, I just was reading back through here and realized that I didn't address your questions. I really don't know anything at all about Drs. Charles or Steinbeck, but if they are from the Shapiro group, I would have no concerns at all about using them. From what I have read, every doc in this group is top notch.

Tedd

Ted~that sounds about right for the doctors in the Sharpiro group.The only thing is that I have less hair than you and most folks.Norwood four eventually a six.I just don't know if I can keep up with the procedures.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

[This message was edited by solid on September 11, 2003 at 06:11 PM.]

I think that is the ultimate personal decision. I know there are some guys who are not bothered at all by their hair loss (believe it or not!). Those are probably not the guys who are lurking on this board, though.

For me, my hair loss was terribly frustrating and depressing. I reached a point where I knew that I just had to do this, without question. Now that I have actually done it, I feel even more strongly that it was worth it. Sure, I could have bought a new car instead, or taken that dream vacation to Europe that I've wanted to take for years. But at the same time, I could have afforded those things if I had made other smaller decisions on a weekly or monthly basis. I don't have to eat out as often, and I could borrow books from the library rather than buying as many as I do.

What I'm getting at is that we each make choices about what's important to us, and we will put our money towards those things that we value the most. There are lots of things that I could spend my money on, but my hair was something that bothered me tremendously, so that was a priority for me. I have not regretted my decision one bit. Quite the contrary - as I said earlier, moreso even than I was before the surgery, I am even more resolved now to the fact that I made the right decision.

Its kinda ironic but what some men take for granted other men treasure and modern medicine/science has put a price tag on.Is that right?I'm mean the doctor charge a considerable fee when whose to set the price structure for this type of operation except the Doctors(no governing board).Basically,the physicians could charge what they want instead of taking advantage of people and over infalting the cost.No?

[This message was edited by solid on September 11, 2003 at 06:12 PM.]

Hi everyone! ..its so good to be back..

Tedd,

I am glad you were elated by how good scar has come out.. i can almost feel your joy, reading your words! enjoy your new hair..

Sure, I could have bought a new car instead, or taken that dream vacation to Europe that I've wanted to take for years. But at the same time, I could have afforded those things if I had made other smaller decisions on a weekly or monthly basis. I don't have to eat out as often, and I could borrow books from the library rather than buying as many as I do.

What I'm getting at is that we each make choices about what's important to us, and we will put our money towards those things that we value the most.

I agree with you completely, it sure is a huge hole in my pocket, and hence its a big decision given the way economy is doing.. last week, our company laid off a few more good people.. you can imagine how nerve-racking it is - but i still want an HT done, 'cause i am afraid, if i dont do it now, i may never be able to do it..

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

How's this for irony, PD? I only got a chance to make one payment on my HT when I got laid off, just last week. 1 of 150 let go (during this round). My office is relocating jobs to Los Angeles, and I knew it was only a matter of time, but didn't know for sure when.

Fortnately, with 9 years there, I got a great severance, so hopefully if I land another gig soon enough and don't have to live off that money, my old employer will have basically paid for my HT. I'll use my severance to pay off the HT loan, and still have enough left over for that European vacation. Gee, I hope the new employer doesn't want me to start right away!! icon_razz.gif

Way to go Ted.It's nice when you can turn a negative into a positive.

:0)I don't blame you a bit.Go for it!Good luck!I am just alittle skeptical because I didn't use a DR. from the list?!

[This message was edited by solid on September 11, 2003 at 06:13 PM.]

Oh, don't feel bad for me PD. With each passing day I realize just how happy I am to not be there anymore. I imagine it's like most places that are in a shut-down phase... it's depressing, chaotic, frustrating, and unnecessarily stressful.

At one time I loved my job, but I realize now it's like the parable of the boiling frog. The temperature rises so slowly that the frog doesn't even notice the difference until it's too late. At work, things changed in small ways everyday and it got to the point where I no longer enjoyed my job. In fact, I dreaded going to work. That's no place I want to spend 8 or 9 hours a day.

Tedd,

i think i know what you mean.. 'cause i realize its actually stressful then ever (losing more hair than ever icon_frown.gif ) at my work place too.. i am oscillating from "am i next?" to "shld i quit?" ... its to the point where i cant take it anymore.. we'll see..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Should I be concerned if I recieve a micro procedure(natural appearance) until I can get an fu done?

solid, by 'fu' if you are referring to Follicular extration and by micro procedure, if you are referring to Follicular unit strip method, then i dont think you should be concerned.. like arfy or someone said somewhere, to me Follicular extration doenst look like its going to be really mature anytime soon.. i seriously doubt its completely scar free.. it might have that moth-eaten, as they say, look for quite long..

PD Solid Ted ...

Hey, I feel for you guys with the layoff thing and all. I remember it sucking too.

One thing I noticed about all three of you though, is your diligent posts, exploration and helpfulness.

I'd say, don't just automatically put yourself into the position of always being an employee. Use your free time and effort to explore doing something on your own.

If you ramp it up in your off hours while you are working, especially knowing that the axe is coming, then it's possible to be independent when the time comes.

It's hard work to get started, but nothing beats the feeling of not having to answer to some dill-rod at work.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

Joe~thanks for the support and insightfulness. icon_smile.gif

Pd~Just touching base on what you had mentioned.........I had a micro procedure where the doc didn't use microscopes but high powered glasses(wrong).He is extremely merticulous(sp?) and had a good staff.I'm hoping the outcome is favorable(non-pluggy).

Ted ~If the frog is boiling than why don't you have chicken icon_razz.gif.no but seriously, Good luck!

[This message was edited by solid on September 11, 2003 at 06:20 PM.]