DR Alvi Armani??

Hey i am currently researching having FUE with Dr Alvi Armani has anyone had experience with him i believe they have clinics globaly i live in london but wish to have it done with him personally ..oh and ps..is anyone prepared to say how much they paid for their FUE as i have no idea of how much to budget for so if i saw a before and after pic i could compare it to my own hair and get a rough cost thank you so mch in advance...

Research research you need a lot of research to do..... Dr. Armani has some serious ethical issues. Use the find feature for your questions there is a wealth of knowledge here, your lucky you found this site.... Good luck

You only live once...

I believe The Master charges 14 bones per graft; personally, I would demand some sort of inverse compensation for him to work on me. How much? I'm not sure, but I would simply devise a schemata for what my individual grafts are worth to me and factor.

As said, research -- and if you do decide to tango w/ The Master, def start a weblog of sorts to track your results. Clear, grownout results are seemingly hard to come by these days (and days past, actually icon_smile.gif).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Go to (edited) and you will find plenty of armani results. lots of debates too over the doc's fue-only megasessions and ethics...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 year later...

hi I had a small session at Armani in 2002, this was before they move to the location on Bay Street. Frankly I can't say I was satisified. Two things were questionable ??“

1) while he was taking out grafts he let another "doctor" take over. I ask him why and he says he's a very experienced surgeon. That's not comforting at all ??“? I have absolutely no idea who he was and I was not told beforehand - I believe I was "practice time" for this doc.

2) towards the end, I had grafts left in the fridge but Armani said I was done. While he was out of the room the assistant said there was more in the fridge they'll try to get as much done as possible before Armani comes back.

Take number 2 with a pinch of salt as I could not verify if it was true, I could only infer.

I had 800 grafts done but it doesn't look like 800 on my head. The hairline was nice, I just didn't appreciate the handling.

I just learned about this site as I'm doing research for my next set of transplant. I found this site and have heard some really bad vibes about Armani. So I've decided to share my bit.

hi I had a small session at Armani in 2002

Hi Mo-Osaki, I'm a bit surprised, because as far as I know Dr. Armani was not performing Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) back in 2002. Or was he?

Can you specify which method he used? And what you mean by "taking out grafts"? (was he using a scalpel to extract a strip, or a tool to extract individual follicular groups).

How much were you charged for 800 grafts?

Also, how long did the extraction of the hair last? (half an hour? half a day?) and how long did the whole procedure last?

Finally, was the last name of that other doctor (that was taking out grafts as well, as you say) Rahal?

Thanks Mo-Osaki

(note: This is a double post, since Mo-Osaki posted the same message on 2 different threads).

Hi Serious,

I'm positive I got a fue that was the reason I went to him. When I refer to "taking out grafts" I refer to a tool to extract individual follicular groups. I can't exactly remember the figure of the session but it was substantially cheaper than it is now. The extraction of hair took 3-4 hours, I remember this because I had lunch in between. The whole procedure lasted 10 hours, I got there 9 in the morning, started at 10, left at 8pm. (approximately) I know the other doctor is italian, definitely not Rahal. Why did you mention the name Rahal? I'm asking because Dr. Rahal is on my short-list of ethical doctors I'd like for my second session. So far I've heard only good things about him, is there anything you know of you I should be aware of?

Hi Dougster, Armani charges way more for FUE than any other doc, yet his ethics are a massive issue ( giving low aggressive hairlines to young guys who will never have enough donor hair to cover the rest of their head when hairloss progresses in 5 years time), also his results are very inconsistent.

FUE isn't for everyone, with some people the grafts get damaged as they are extracted and simply won't grow. With others, they get very good growth from FUE. If you live in the UK like me but are considering FUE, consult online with a top doc recommended on this site eg Dr Devroye in brussels and Dr Feller in New york.

Spend at least 6 months researching it and don't jump into it without a lot of consideration. Listen to the top docs, they look out for your long term best interests - be sceptical of anyone else - they will tell you what you want to hear to get your money.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Guy's,

Just to clarify Dr. Rahal definitely did not work with Dr. Armani in 2002

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

hey dougster I looked into Armani quite extensively myself and the other posters are right when saying ethics does not really come into play with his evaluations. He will bascially give you whatever you want in terms of hairline. If you tell him you want an 18 yr old hairline then you will probabaly get it. But future hair loss or thinning is not really taken into the decision. So what you will be left with is a dense packed 18 year old hair line.....a bald or thinning rest of your head down the road......and not enough donor hair left to fix the problem. Plus I found out that a ton of those pictures on his website are from strip procedures and not FUE. If you look through alot of them it will actually say it at the bottom in small print (done using strip procedure).

While all of that is true about his sub-standard ethics; you won't get a nice rosy and robust 18yr old hairline. You will simply get a squandered donor (and bankroll) to be stuck with the remnants of what would-be a thick 18yr old hairline (if it wasn't for his horrible skills and inability to produce consistent/good yield).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!