3617 Grafts in 3 Sessions - Dr. Rosanelli

-------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Photos temporarily removed while photos are being edited to better hide the patient's face and identity. Dr. Rosanelli will post this and all other albums again in the next few days

------------------------------------------

Dear forum members,

Recently, Pat Hennessey, Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network visited with and evaluated Dr. Rosanelli of the San Francisco Bay by observing live surgery. See Pat's Visit to Dr. Tom Rosanelli in San Francisco.

Dr. Rosanelli and his large staff of 10 medical technicians have extensive experience in performing follicular unit hair transplantation using microscopes to dissect follicular unit grafts.

Though Dr. Rosanelli has the staff and experience to perform sessions of over 3000 grafts in a single session, he believes session sizes under 3000 grafts provide his patients with optimal graft survival rates and hair growth.

This patient received 3,617 grafts in 3 hair transplant sessions.

This is a great result! This guy got over 1600 grafts less then the other patient w/ 5200 one of the other posts and looks like he has 2X the coverage. Either this guy is wearing concealer, the pic was taken in crappy lighting, or this is one lucky guy.

dakota,

I agree that this is a great result. One contribution to this over a few other albums is that this patient seems to have ideal hair characteristics, thick course hair. He also has more native hair in the back (shaved down in the before picture) whereas some of the others had a very large completely bald crown.

This only goes to show you that the number of grafts isn't the only contributing factor to the end result.

Thanks for your input.

Bill

Also, what is this Doc charging per graft? I would bet 3 sessions at full price would be about double what H&W charges for 1 megasession.

One thing I really hate is a Hairtransplant Doctor who uses models on their website of people who you can tell never had a transplant. This is the case of this doctor. Look at the guy on the header. His hair is so thick that you can tell he has 0 male pattern baldness. Very misleading. Even Doctor Feller has agreed to this in the past when he updated his website.

http://www.rosanelli.com/default.aspx

Did you also see how he charges? $2500 flat fee for the first 200, then $4.00 per graft thereafter. In comparison to what I paid for my procedure, it works out to over $1700 more expensive.

I also noticed that 'scar repair' costs a flat fee of $2500 + $4 per graft (assuming that the $2500 is not for any hairs, just a premium). Ouch.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

So based on Rosanelli's fee schedule, this patient would have paid $19,500 for this result plus the pain of three different surgeries.

At Hasson and Wong it would have been $14,800 and only 1 surgery.

A $4,700 difference.

Wow, what a bargain.

uncjim,

Actually, flash can make hair appear more dense or thinner depending on the angle. Taking a picture with a flash from a top view always makes it appear thinner than it actually is whereas taking a picture of the hairline with flash makes it appear thicker than they are.

Though I am an advocate of "no flash" photos, I feel consistency in photo taking for both before/afters is more important than flash verses no flash.

Bill

Bill,

That's interesting and makes sense. A straight on flash of the scalp can cause a reflection. I took a picture of my strip scar temporary shock loss with flash (a first for me) the other day and the area looked far worse than it actually is. What concerns me about these images, especially #6 where the strands look magnified (almost neon), is that they appear to be less than authentic. Possibly there is a concealer involved here, which could eliminate the reflection. Whatever is going on, my concern is for the prospective patient that might find these inspiring and jump on them.

UNC

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog