Thin Hair HT Patients

Hi,

Having thin hair myself - I was wondering how good my chances are for achieving reasonable coverage and density? Or put another way how does an individual with thin hair fare for a HT?

Would I look at having to raise my hair line a lot more than where it is currently at?

-- Just in case my pics are here:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...081066683#2081066683

I would also appreciate it if, others (with thin hair) who have had HT(s) could share their experience? Perhaps a link to their blog - Not all blogs give details about how thin an individuals hair is.

Just trying to assess my chances...

Thanks.

Hi,

Having thin hair myself - I was wondering how good my chances are for achieving reasonable coverage and density? Or put another way how does an individual with thin hair fare for a HT?

Would I look at having to raise my hair line a lot more than where it is currently at?

-- Just in case my pics are here:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...081066683#2081066683

I would also appreciate it if, others (with thin hair) who have had HT(s) could share their experience? Perhaps a link to their blog - Not all blogs give details about how thin an individuals hair is.

Just trying to assess my chances...

Thanks.

I have always had thin hair, or at least since I was 14 or so. My youngest son has my fine, thin characteristics.

It makes a difference, for sure, but I still have seen good results. If you study some of the weblogs, you'll see how some have a much thicker appearance with fewer grafts. I'm only a little over 5 months, so I don't have any definitive results to make this point, but I've studied a lot of hair.

But, to answer you questions; yes, I think you can get reasonable coverage. But, for example, someone like Bill_the_bald who posted his results the other day will get more dense looking results with only 2,500 grafts b/c of his hair characteristics and color than I could possibly hope for. All my opinion, and I'm certainly no expert.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

nm76-

I recall those shots from your earlier post-

Assuming an average donor, I see no reason (based on photos-that IS a limitation in online assessment- yet keeping that in mind-)-I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to obtain a nice, conservative hairline given state of the art methods available.

I understand the natural reluctance towards getting on (depending upon) medications, however, if one likens taking them to ANY preventative health measure (exercise, good nutrition, etc.), it becomes more akin to a good habit, especially in the face of the low rate of ("bad")side effects along with the common "good" side effect: decreasing your risk for prostate cancer. Something to think about-

Sincerely,

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Bill-

I too enjoyed meeting with and talking with you at the conference. The members here will certainly benefit from your attendance, and, in that connection, your participation/interest in our meeting shows me (and my fellow surgeons) the genuine interest and concern the HTN site has for this patient based community. Kudos to you and Pat for bringing such a great resource to individuals suffering from hair loss related issues.

I look forward to contributing where I can in an effort to support that cause.

And, for the forum members, Bill is ever so much the great all around sincere guy he is on these forums; just as we see here, all substance, no bullshit.

Here's to another 10 years and beyond.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors