A motion of Thanks for the good docs on the forum !

Lara

You mention in your last post :

"i hope that this feedback is taken in the positive manner....",

This implies that you were attempting to make a constructive criticism. Perhaps if you read your first post and subsequent posts you may understand the reaction you received from Dr Feller's office.

A couple of examples may help:

Example 1:

Lara ??“ from reading you posts on this thread, could I suggest that perhaps the poor reaction from Dr Feller's receptionist may have resulted from being faced with a confrontational approach?

Example 2:

I read Lara's post and although Lara is busier in trying to discredit Dr Feller, I think a certain level of manners should be achieved before being allowed to post on the forum. Also his post suggests he is a salesman for another clinic.

Now, which of the two statements do you consider to be constructive criticism and which one more closely resembles your posts?

Do not take Example 2 personally ??“ I merely reflected the tone of your post.

Tubs

Future UK patient of Dr Fellers (received great comms. from Feller Medical post deposit). 12 hours from NYC.

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Why now choose to post your frustration towards Dr feller and his staff now on this topic and not post your own topic previously at the height of your frustration and post your one simple question here for it to be addressed by the Doc?

Be happy

Mr middleman/Salesman icon_cool.gif

Why i did not post my frustration earlier...simple...i am going to post it if my credit card company did not succeed in getting my refund back...otherwise, i thought it is not worth it to post it here for the simple reason people like you a couple of other fictitious names like Tubs would jump on the bandwagon and ask me repititive questions which i dont have the time to answer....so how does it feel tubs now when you call me a salesman of other clinics...and even if i was,i would not blindly praise my boss because it is somebodies head in question....

I first thought that maybe i was an exception...so, i let the matter die down...but when i saw this post, i thought that this is more than an exception...so, i wanted to share this experience as i did not want anybody else to face my same expereince...getting the credit card company involved,,,and other issues etc...i hope that answers your question...man, it does seem like a challenge to get your point across in this forum...maybe i need to rephrase my language to suit the mental levels of some people around here...

Dude

there were a couple of questions that i needed to clarify before i could land to the clinic for surgery,,,for example medication(finasteride) etc as he had not recommended me to get on it and some other doctors had...if you want to open the pandoras box...you would repent...i have been on finasteride since and have seen some improvement in my hair..the clinic where i am going to schedule my procedure told me to be on finasteride for a year and come back for an evaluation...these are what you call unselfish doctors....three weeks between by registration and cancellation....approximately...

Guys---I understand wanting to defend Dr. Feller.

However, we are not talking about a bad HT here...we are talking about someone who had a poor customer service experience.

Bill made Dr. Feller aware, and Spex is handling the issue.

Unless Lara turns out to be a flame, I would hate to think we would attack someone who had a poor experience????

EVERYONE has bad days, and I guarantee every clinic has people who leave not happy or not satisfied for whatever reason. It's called human nature AND nobody is perfect!

Hell, Lara could be justifiably upset, or upset over something trivial...I don't know, but I think instead of "attacking" Lara we should let Spex and Dr. Feller handle this. Dr. Feller is a stand-up guy..I have no doubts this will be resolved to the benefit of all involved.

REMEMBER: Patients FIRST, unless claims are shown to be unsubstantiated.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks Jason...I wish some other people in this forum would look at the situation from both sides rather than one....My main concern was if somebody does not want to answer questions before the procedure,,,what is something went wrong after the procedure.....it was all to scary for me...who would i turn to....after all it was my head...that is why this forum is so great as it creates transparency...god bless internet world

Certainly seems a little hot in here icon_smile.gif guys we are here for a common good ... lets try and keep those tempers in check and desist from mutual accusations.

Lara I know its difficult to remain calm and measured when one feels one has been wronged but I wd suggest the doc should be given a chance to explain his POV too. Reputations are built over years of painstaking work ... I wd be careful about using labels like selfish.

As for medications not being recommended by Doc Feller I can understand that. Diff docs have diff takes on using medicines before an HT. Even as a patient I have not been on any medication for the last 6 years and wd want to go in for a medication free surgery.

I know deposits being forfeited hurts and esp when a patient thinks he has done no wrong. For example I was wondering if I book an HT with any US or Canada and pay a deposit but fail to get a visa for the trip over to US or Canada. Would i get a refund in that case or wd it be forfeited.

Guys a forfeit of deposit wd hurt any of us so lets try and understand where Lara's coming from... at the same time wd advise Lara to desist from personal accusations and name calling.

Its a fun, cooperative and fair community ...lets keep it that ways....

Cheers !!!

also, just to mention one more thing..Dr.Feller had assured me that if i have any concerns about the procedure and would give him 3 weeks notice before the procedure,,,there would be no issues with the deposit being refunded..but the office assistant completely denied that saying Dr.Feller would not say anything like that..this pissed me of further...

Your welcome Lara. I do hope your situation is resolved. Dr. Feller and Spex are very straightforward individuals and I do believe your U.K. comment was out of line--which might have put everyone's backs up a bit.

Most of the chaps here are good guys--everyone that has posted here are good as well--they took your post as a flame--I felt you were more frustrated than anything.

I hope my trust that you will now deal with this without attacking Dr. Feller or other posters in the hopes of good resolution are well-founded.

I am sure the rest of the guys will hold off if everyone maintains their cool.

Mav---If that were to happen at SMG you would receive your deposit back--we are not in the habit of keeping deposits--things happen right?

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

It's quite obvious that Lara is upset and what he feels was "poor" customer service. Regardless of what happened, this is how he felt which most likely led to a few of his colorful comments in the beginning of this thread. I hope that people can see beyond insult and recognize that Lara is upset about feeling like he may lose his deposit. Quite frankly, if I put money down on surgery and had to cancel for some reason, I'd be pretty upset if I felt I'd lose my deposit too.

It seems to me that the remedy is a simple one.

Spex himself said that Dr. Feller doesn't hold onto deposits unless there is good reason. In my opinion, this situation would be easily resolved if Dr. Feller gave Lara back his deposit and let him go his separate way without anger and upset.

Lara can then reconsider if surgery is right for him with Dr. Feller or another surgeon of his choice.

Let's all continue to work for good for the benefit of patients seeking to restore their hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

Interesting read!

FWIW, and I felt this *prior* to things becoming blatently heated, "lara" needs to chillax a bit and not be so antagonistic to members who post genuine "trip reports" that happen to differ from hers.

I also agree that the golden rule is patient's first until proven otherwise; that said, "common" courtesies should transcend even this, and I believe it is the lack of this that is what various people have taken umbrage to on the account of "lara".

My 2pennies - curious to see what gets laid out on the table when all is said and done and both sides have expressed themselves.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Bill.

All of that is done with...i had to file a dispute with my credit card company and then got a credit for it as i beleive Dr. Fellers office did not even have the time to speak with my credit card company...As to what happened between Dr. Fellers office and my credit card company i do not know...i was satisfied as i got my credit back...

I want to end this discussion here as i never expected it to flare up in such a manner...i may have been a little uncourteos in the beggining but it was just because i was treated uncourteously by Dr. Fellers office...but having said that i feel a lil dissapointed how people have taken things personally against me and would continue to do so...i dont have either the time or energy to give any more justifications out here....it was just my experience and the only purpose of this post was to ensure that this practice does not happen again....as far as i am concerned, i am not going with Dr. Feller come what may....so i dont need any more clarifiations on this....This forum is a great one and i wish best of luck to all the patients out here...i feel your pain and sorrow of hair loss...but remember, there are options available out there...and please dont let this destroy your self-confidence...it is just hair and we r going to loose it someday anyways....Cheers and good luck

lara,

the reason people have defended dr. feller is that the majority of us have had the exact opposite experience you had both with the doc and his staff. So your story seems very out of character-- it would be nice to hear from the other side on this. you also can't expect to come onto a public forum and bash a very well-respected and highly regarded doctor's reputation without some resistance. remember, most of us on here see dr. feller as one of the "good guys."

you also say that we have attacked you personally and you are dissapointed. well, you are just an anonymous poster, so i wouldn't take it too personal. dr. feller on the other hand is a well-known figure--i think he personally has a bit more to be worried about.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for your wishes Bill...i am defintely going to be a part of the forum and my hair transplant doctor will definitely be a coalition doctor...am on meds for 6 more mos...and then going to decide on my surgery date...just because, i had one bad experience, it does not mean that i will leave this forum..this forum is way bigger than 1 or 2 individuals...infact, i beleive whatever happens, happens for good...i got a chance to go on meds and a little more time to research wisely....Cheers...

I just came back from a much needed vacation and have not looked at a computer screen or surgical instrument for almost 2 weeks. Probably the most rest my eyes have had for some time.

I see that while I was gone a non-surgical hair transplant "issue" concerning my office has been raised. Many thanks to those pateints of mine and other reputable posters who gave their time chiming in. I'm actually shocked that this "issue" created 3 pages of "traction".

Lara,

I honestly don't know who you are. You will pardon me if the information on my side does not match what you have written as an anonymous poster:

1. I have talked with Marcia and no patient has called repeatedly with any questions for me.

2. You claimed on this thread to have private mailed me. However, I have checked my private mail and have no messages from you. I have asked Bill to check the HTN PM log to confirm this.

3. I have had no recent cancellations of surgery by any patient within 3 weeks of their scheduled procedure.

4. I have had no chargeback notifications from any credit card company.

5. All deposits are non-refundable. It says it on my website and is repeated to the patient at the time the deposit is submitted. Even so, in my 15 years of fulltime practice I've never denied a patient a refund if the cancellation is as far out as 3 weeks.

Lara, at this point I don't believe you are who you say you are.

Your post is way to harsh, aggressive, and over-the-top. None of the facts I have support your claims which to me seem designed to materially hurt my reputation and do damage to my business.

If you are real, please submit your full name and date of your procedure to my private mail box here on HTN. Or just call the office and leave that information with Marcia.

I believe Spex has already asked you to do this and to date has not received your response.

You sure seem surprised Dr. Feller...But i atleast caught your attention finally...The fact that you are saying Marcia does not know me....it makes me really surprised...All is happened in January 2008...i have no reason to cause damage to your practice. my post might have been a bit harsh...i am sorry about that but it was because of the way i was treated personally....so, probably all the frustration came out. I dont remember exactly but it looks like i had scheduled my procedure on around the 3rd week of Febuary and had to travel internationally after that....i sent you private emails, must have spoken to marcia 3 to 4 times...in fact, you had 2 marcias on the office at that time....but did not get any response after that....if you are still adamant that there was no cancellation in january with somebody asking deposit back,, i dont mind disclose my identity to you....but what is the guarantee that you would still accept your fault.....my only reason for posting this was atleast you are aware of this and if something like this happens to somebody in the future, you will remember this post and offer just treatment...