My experience with Dr Feller!

Martin

Hi there guys, well i am back after some mission. I am still incredibly tired as literally only returned this morning so will post more info soon along with some pics once Dr feller has had chance to send them over.

The experience was just brilliant. I arrived there at 7am and waited for the DR who wasn't far behind me and he introduced himself. Instantly warmed to him as he has a soft manner and was cracking gags in the lift about if it breaks down not to panic as it only took 4 hrs to get out last time!

We had a good chat and he assessed my situation and remarked that my donor area wasn't as poor as i had originally thought and felt that i was easily going to be able to hit an appropriate number and leave some in reserveicon_smile.gif

The surgery was text book and will not go into it as you have read the details of the procedure many times. I will say though that i didn't feel a thing other than the initial numbing needle which stung a bit!

Dr Feller didn't feel that we needed go over 2500 at this stage as my requirement didn't quite warrant it and with the chance of further loss he wanted to make sure i had enough for a potential second procedure. This was fine by me because this had always been my concern that i would never have enough to fill the entire area worst case senerio due to my poor donor density. But with the appropriate placement Dr Feller has made 2313 go a long way and hopefully if i maintain my existing front as well i'm going to be better off than i thought. I think you always think the worst, well i do.

We finished up and took a couple of pictures and i was back in my hotel in the city by 5pm which was great. The pain kicked in big time and luckily had my meds ready to deal with it I'm back now and travelled home with ease. I wasn't asked to take my hat off going through customs which was a relief and slept the majority of the night-time flight home.

I can honestly say i did far too much worrying prior to the surgery as Dr Feller and his staff were absolutely brilliant and made me relaxed and comfortable. The procedure itself was easy, its just the waiting part now!!

I intend to leave my staples in for 10 days as Dr Feller said this would be more than sufficient, I can't wait as they are starting to get tight!!

I'm going to hit the hay for a little now guys as just exhausted but as many of you know on a high at the same time!

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=878

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=879

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=880

Hi there guys, well i am back after some mission. I am still incredibly tired as literally only returned this morning so will post more info soon along with some pics once Dr feller has had chance to send them over.

The experience was just brilliant. I arrived there at 7am and waited for the DR who wasn't far behind me and he introduced himself. Instantly warmed to him as he has a soft manner and was cracking gags in the lift about if it breaks down not to panic as it only took 4 hrs to get out last time!

We had a good chat and he assessed my situation and remarked that my donor area wasn't as poor as i had originally thought and felt that i was easily going to be able to hit an appropriate number and leave some in reserveicon_smile.gif

The surgery was text book and will not go into it as you have read the details of the procedure many times. I will say though that i didn't feel a thing other than the initial numbing needle which stung a bit!

Dr Feller didn't feel that we needed go over 2500 at this stage as my requirement didn't quite warrant it and with the chance of further loss he wanted to make sure i had enough for a potential second procedure. This was fine by me because this had always been my concern that i would never have enough to fill the entire area worst case senerio due to my poor donor density. But with the appropriate placement Dr Feller has made 2313 go a long way and hopefully if i maintain my existing front as well i'm going to be better off than i thought. I think you always think the worst, well i do.

We finished up and took a couple of pictures and i was back in my hotel in the city by 5pm which was great. The pain kicked in big time and luckily had my meds ready to deal with it I'm back now and travelled home with ease. I wasn't asked to take my hat off going through customs which was a relief and slept the majority of the night-time flight home.

I can honestly say i did far too much worrying prior to the surgery as Dr Feller and his staff were absolutely brilliant and made me relaxed and comfortable. The procedure itself was easy, its just the waiting part now!!

I intend to leave my staples in for 10 days as Dr Feller said this would be more than sufficient, I can't wait as they are starting to get tight!!

I'm going to hit the hay for a little now guys as just exhausted but as many of you know on a high at the same time!

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=878

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=879

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=880

Hey, that all sounds good. Best of luck with the waiting/growing.

One question though: what makes you say your donor density is bad? From the pics, it looks as though you have some thick, course hair.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Cheers guys.

My donor density is not brilliant and was always my concern but Dr Feller put my concerns to rest icon_smile.gif

The photos don't clearly show what my density is in the donor region.

Photos can be decieving