Just back from my first Hair Transplant with Dr Feller

Hi Guys,

After much research, I have finally had the HT with the great man and I am sat in the Andrew Hotel biding my time before I fly home to the UK tonight. I guess my account will be very similar to the rest of you guys, I thank you all for giving me the heads up there were no surprises and I was well prepared.

Having arrived at JFK, I got a cab, it was 70 bucks, expensive I know but with my yahoo door to door map got straight there no hassle. Things got better, as I got an upgrade to an exec room and free box of cookies, thanks to mentioning the feller connection/discount when I booked on line.

Slept well that night, woke earlyish had breakfast and decided to walk to Fellers place to get some fresh air, the route is simple and quick, I believe there is a link on here somewhere. Met the doc around 7.30 in the office and we went over the plan, after showing him some old photos of me we decided to lower the hairline slightly and after he had drawn on my head I realized how bald I had got at the front, its amazing what you get accustomed to over the years. He agreed to leave my existing hair, front middle and work through it to give me the same density as the sides. This must have been tricky,but he really wants the best for you and he is flexible. This was important to me as my down time isn't huge and it will act as a good concealer.

He thought I could benefit from around 2500 grafts to give me back my hairline I have really fine hair and he wanted to dense pack it for a max result, he was aiming for 70fu/cm2 which I think he bettered poss 75+. He is so enthusiastic and excited about HTs and this really gives you a positive vibe and I was raring to go. Met the lovely ladies, was marked out in the donor area and then they got on with the job of injecting. I wasn't looking forward to this, but it was only very slightly uncomfortable, so don't worry about that. Next was the scalp cut, the Dr really took his time here a long thin strip in I think 4 sections (its hard to tell when your head feels like a block of wood) anyway its totally painless, but the crunching sound is weird when the blade goes in. Feller was very pleased with my laxity and the fact that I wasn't an English bleeder, well hadn't had a drink since new year, that wont last. He was exceptionally pleased with the trico closure and took loads of photos.

With the strip being dissected, he numbed my forehead, this was worse than the injections in back of the head but nothing too bad. The artist began placing tiny slits, his concentration was immense and having seen the results he gets, I was so pleased I was under his knife. With that done, he placed the first few singles in the front and then handed over to his expert ladies. Incidentally, I had 30% singles the rest doubles with a few triples. With a few natural breaks and a pizza the job was done by 1530. Dr Feller came in regularly throughout and was enthusing at every opportunity. I was booked in for 2500 but got 2790 - what a bloke!!!!!

Had more pics taken and they do look good, especially when the redness dies and I can use my middle portion for coverage, its a little matted now and looks like a Mohawk. Hell who cares about that, I have done it and I know in a year in will look the business. Thank you Dr Feller, and your excellent team, that was a fantastic experience.

Got some vicodin ES and was well on top of the pain, got 6 hours sleep at 45 degrees upright and now at 9am there is no pain.

As for the pictures, Dr Feller is sending them to me, so as soon as he does, I shall post them, and more, as and when. Now the waiting game. Didnt bother wearing a hat on the way home as it did'nt fit due to the swelling, got a few glances but who cares.

Cheers

Happy Growing

Hi Guys,

After much research, I have finally had the HT with the great man and I am sat in the Andrew Hotel biding my time before I fly home to the UK tonight. I guess my account will be very similar to the rest of you guys, I thank you all for giving me the heads up there were no surprises and I was well prepared.

Having arrived at JFK, I got a cab, it was 70 bucks, expensive I know but with my yahoo door to door map got straight there no hassle. Things got better, as I got an upgrade to an exec room and free box of cookies, thanks to mentioning the feller connection/discount when I booked on line.

Slept well that night, woke earlyish had breakfast and decided to walk to Fellers place to get some fresh air, the route is simple and quick, I believe there is a link on here somewhere. Met the doc around 7.30 in the office and we went over the plan, after showing him some old photos of me we decided to lower the hairline slightly and after he had drawn on my head I realized how bald I had got at the front, its amazing what you get accustomed to over the years. He agreed to leave my existing hair, front middle and work through it to give me the same density as the sides. This must have been tricky,but he really wants the best for you and he is flexible. This was important to me as my down time isn't huge and it will act as a good concealer.

He thought I could benefit from around 2500 grafts to give me back my hairline I have really fine hair and he wanted to dense pack it for a max result, he was aiming for 70fu/cm2 which I think he bettered poss 75+. He is so enthusiastic and excited about HTs and this really gives you a positive vibe and I was raring to go. Met the lovely ladies, was marked out in the donor area and then they got on with the job of injecting. I wasn't looking forward to this, but it was only very slightly uncomfortable, so don't worry about that. Next was the scalp cut, the Dr really took his time here a long thin strip in I think 4 sections (its hard to tell when your head feels like a block of wood) anyway its totally painless, but the crunching sound is weird when the blade goes in. Feller was very pleased with my laxity and the fact that I wasn't an English bleeder, well hadn't had a drink since new year, that wont last. He was exceptionally pleased with the trico closure and took loads of photos.

With the strip being dissected, he numbed my forehead, this was worse than the injections in back of the head but nothing too bad. The artist began placing tiny slits, his concentration was immense and having seen the results he gets, I was so pleased I was under his knife. With that done, he placed the first few singles in the front and then handed over to his expert ladies. Incidentally, I had 30% singles the rest doubles with a few triples. With a few natural breaks and a pizza the job was done by 1530. Dr Feller came in regularly throughout and was enthusing at every opportunity. I was booked in for 2500 but got 2790 - what a bloke!!!!!

Had more pics taken and they do look good, especially when the redness dies and I can use my middle portion for coverage, its a little matted now and looks like a Mohawk. Hell who cares about that, I have done it and I know in a year in will look the business. Thank you Dr Feller, and your excellent team, that was a fantastic experience.

Got some vicodin ES and was well on top of the pain, got 6 hours sleep at 45 degrees upright and now at 9am there is no pain.

As for the pictures, Dr Feller is sending them to me, so as soon as he does, I shall post them, and more, as and when. Now the waiting game. Didnt bother wearing a hat on the way home as it did'nt fit due to the swelling, got a few glances but who cares.

Cheers

Happy Growing

congratulations vh,saw your pics on another site,you are going to have a good dense hairline my friend.it will be good to see who comes in first you or thanatopsis,he had same sort of pattern as you done with dr feller a couple of weeks back.take a look.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

whahey !

Weldone virgin hair ,how easy was that ?

Going to the states , newbies should be aware of just how easy and cheaper it is .

Seen your pics on stop hair loss now and i'm sure the guys on here will be suitable impressed ,the slit pic before the grafts are put in is ace ,very clear and show incredible surgical accuracy .

Good luck growing and try to occupy yourself at around the 2-3 months mark as doubt and anxiousness will drive you nuts hahahahaha

Take it easy and safe jouney home

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Congrats, must feel good to have lost your "hairline virginity"...icon_wink.gif

Grow well, and like Balody referenced, hopefully we both end up coming into full bloom in record time!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Very Nice! Excellent clean looking work here. I'm sure you're going to be a very happy man in 6 months. I'm curious as to your existing forlock/strip of frontal hair. From the post op pics it's pretty clear that the good Dr. did not place any grafts in this area. Was this because he felt pretty confident that this existing hair was most likely not goint to recede further?

i was thinking this too,if you dont mind can you tell us how old you are vh,and how long youve been on fin?did dr f mention his thoughts on your forlock?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Hi,thanks for the positive comments. I have just noticed the lack of grafts there too. I believe it was the plan, but he didnt mention why he did not place any there. I'm 43 and been on fin for two whole weeks icon_smile.gif I'm sure he had good reason.

This is a super looking HT. I would think due to age Dr. Feller elected not to bother with the native hair. It is likely that he might retain all..

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it, sat at home here 5 days on, with swollen eyes. The redness is going very very slowly, just started on the aloe vera which I think is helping. Time seems to be standing still, just hope it will be better in 9 days which is when I return to work. I cannot wait to get these 65 little metal buggers out of my head.

Virgin hairline,

You choose good doc and your surgery is perfect uptill now,hope you will get good results and in future more follow up pics.

hairsurgerypakistan

1836 FUT by Dr.ahmad Chaudhry (lahore,Pakistan)

These are the types of pics Dr. Feller should have on his website...with final resluts of course. Great work, and good growing!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com