To Shave or not To Shave? That is the Question

I registered to this forum just to let everyone know about a website I found VERY inspiring.

http://www.baldlygo.com

You can send a pic in and this guy will photshop the image for you so you can see what you look like with a shaved head!!!

...I'm new to this forum so excuse me if I'm wrong, but I haven't found too much info. (or support?) on shaving your head as an option to hairloss. Personally, I'm 21 and balding really bad. I really feel for all the young guys on here because it just plain sucks. But all this talk about transplants,shock loss, THE COST, and the 'medicore-yet-expensive' medication makes me wana pull my hair out (no pun intended!).

My hairloss has been the 'end-all-be-all' for my self-confidence. If I had a full head of hair I feel like I could conqueer the world and score a ton of chicks, yet having serious hair loss at an early age makes me wana stay in a dim-lighted room all my life while my friends are having fun at the pool (water + hairloss = no fun). I'm still working up the courage to shave my head, but I just wanted to post my revealation and perspective.

My Point is I think more people should consider ALL their options, and the razor should be one of them. It certainly is the cheapest icon_biggrin.gif

I registered to this forum just to let everyone know about a website I found VERY inspiring.

http://www.baldlygo.com

You can send a pic in and this guy will photshop the image for you so you can see what you look like with a shaved head!!!

...I'm new to this forum so excuse me if I'm wrong, but I haven't found too much info. (or support?) on shaving your head as an option to hairloss. Personally, I'm 21 and balding really bad. I really feel for all the young guys on here because it just plain sucks. But all this talk about transplants,shock loss, THE COST, and the 'medicore-yet-expensive' medication makes me wana pull my hair out (no pun intended!).

My hairloss has been the 'end-all-be-all' for my self-confidence. If I had a full head of hair I feel like I could conqueer the world and score a ton of chicks, yet having serious hair loss at an early age makes me wana stay in a dim-lighted room all my life while my friends are having fun at the pool (water + hairloss = no fun). I'm still working up the courage to shave my head, but I just wanted to post my revealation and perspective.

My Point is I think more people should consider ALL their options, and the razor should be one of them. It certainly is the cheapest icon_biggrin.gif

If you are comfortable with that option than by all means that is a good option for you. It is an awesome thing that it became "vogue" to shave your head. Try it and see what you think.

This forum is a helpful place and I think that you will find that for most of us the key is that an individual is happy and content in their own skin. All options should be considered--valid point. Take care.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Where-is-Baldo,

I like your name...that's great! Welcome to the forums.

Certainly shaving your head is an option whether or not you are balding, and as nervousnelly said, it has become somewhat "vogue". I know a lot of guys with the shaved head goatee look, and ironically, only half of them are actually losing their hair...so it's not even like anyone assumes that just because you shave your head, you are balding.

However, you don't find shaving as a 'solution' for hairloss because it's not...it's more of an alternative haircut (or lack of hair cut) that someone might choose to do to cover up their hairloss. But certainly, it's definitely worth a try to see if that look works for you. If you do try it...give it at least a month...you might hate it at first but the look might grow on you! It certainly is the cheapest for sure. Besides, I know a ton of guys with this look and still they score well with the ladies icon_wink.gif

Anyway...feel free to see the below link which is designed to be an encouragement to those who are suffering from extreme insecurities due to hairloss.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=145009

I hope this helps.

Bill

I personally recommend ALL potential HT patients shave their heads FIRST.

If that doesn't work, then by all means, do your homework.

Shaving is not a solution to hairloss.

It is more of an acceptance of your personal situation, that's all.

It IS much cheaper!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey Where-Is-Baldo, do yourself a favor and shave your head first before you get an HT procedure to see if you like it. I am 30 years NW 3 and wish I could shave my head but can't because of 2 old HT scars on the back of my head. So now I can only use a 2# guard to cut my hair.