FIRST TIME DERMMATCH USER! FOUND A SUPER EASY WAY - NO MESS!!

Hello All,

Balding Indian Here! After reading about the wonderful dermmatch and reading all the very informative posts here, I bought some. Today, for the very first time I tried it. I noticed even on the pictures, it did look a little chalky so I heeded everyone's advice and just very small amounts applying very delicately.

Wanting to avoid all the dreaded mess I have seen and heard about, this is what I did - remember it was my very first time.

Instead of using one of the applicators, I added a few drops of water into the dermmatch and used a very cheap but slightly hard toothbrush to very gently get a thin but wet coating on to the brush. I then applied as accurately as possible to my bare scalp parts. I repeated this process until I was covered. I avoided the hairline by about an inch and then blended it so it would not look false. It does show up it you smudge it but you just wipe the smudge off with a wet cloth/tissue. this way you can control the depth and contour of the colour "??? lighter at the hairline which gets darker until it totally blends into the rest of the hair. You can also use the brush very accurately in more delicate hard to apply areas. USE A SMALL TOOTHBRUSH! I then just brushed it all back and used hairdryer to dry it out. I then did a final touch up.

Now, even, though I was very careful not to use too much, it still showed up chalky. I though I used very little - just goes to show huh? To counteract the chalkiness - I just applied some mousse and blow dried. Ever so slightly chalky but not next time as I will use even less. Only apply dermmatch in EXTREMELY SMALL BUT PRECISE amounts! It looks REALLY GOOD!

The Best Bits? My FIRST TIME and NO MESS Whatsoever, and all the above took a few mins max. It get even better - instead of having an ALL COLOURED SCALP which may look unnatural, VERY SMALL amounts of Scalp show through (upon close examination - rather like when one flicks through a very dense amounts of hair - like you can see very dense hair rooting upon the skin - really gives it a very natural look!! Hope this helps!!

Regards,

BALDING INDIAN!

Hi,

R u based in India??? If yes, please let me know how you ordered Dermmatch and how much time did it take...i know i can order it on the website...but little apprehensive giving out my CC number. How much it is cost you??

Sandip

Also appreciate your answers on the following

a) Can you sleep on the same night with ur dermatch ON or is it mandatory to wash ur hair before u hit the sack

b) can we have that thicker appearance though we don't wash our hair for a day or a 2.

Thanks for your reply in advance..

Yes, you can physically sleep with it on, but any of the excess left on your hair will be rubbed off on your pillow. I have the habbit of washing and bathing everyday, so have never left it on my hair for more than one day, but I'd imagine that it would be on there just fine, just as long you didn't get a substantial amount of water on your head. Dermmatch is somewhat waterproof, meaning that water alone won't get it off, you'd have to use either some rubbing or shampoo combined with water to get it off.

• 1 year later...

I agree with Leeson, Dermatch is ok until the sun comes out, but Toppik looks good all the time.

That said I actually use Nanogen, but same difference really, Nanogen's just far easier to get in the UK, one of the toppik sellers in the UK I think it was 123hair? or something, were terrible at delivering, but obviously in the US it's easier to get Toppik, so depends where you are.

There are a few people reccomending using both Dermatch and Toppik/Nanogen together, I haven't tried it myself but might be worth a go if you have a lot of dermatch left?

• 1 year later...

I found that the best way to ensure that you get an undetectable application of dermmatch is to apply it dry (not water) and not to use the applicators that it comes with.

Instead - put it on dry (no water) and apply it with a blush brush. Your wife or girlfriend can help you with this. But long story short - you want it to go on as a fine powder - not a paint! Otherwise, it will not look real.

Example at:

http://www.amazon.com/Maybelline-Expert-Tools-Blush-Brush/dp/B001L3ZCLM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1271015842&sr=8-7

• 1 month later...