Dermatch

mil

Just a comment - I recently started using dermatch and it's great for me. It seems to make my hair look thicker on top and hide, to an extent,some areas. I also used it on my eyebrows where there's also spaces. Certainly not a solution but a small positive until my HT! However, I can't leave it on for more than a day without washing my hair, makes it kinda thick and yucky

Just a comment - I recently started using dermatch and it's great for me. It seems to make my hair look thicker on top and hide, to an extent,some areas. I also used it on my eyebrows where there's also spaces. Certainly not a solution but a small positive until my HT! However, I can't leave it on for more than a day without washing my hair, makes it kinda thick and yucky

I think I might try a little of this 5-6 months from now, just to see.

I think it would be helpful if I tried and knew what I was talking about when people asked questions about this stuff.

I know alot of guys swear by this stuff, so I think while I am waiting for the 6-8 month explosion, I might dab a bit on the old noggin just to see!!!!

I'll let you chaps know how it goes!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I don't use it anymore as I really don't need it since HT #2 kicked in (yes, I'm bragging a little icon_wink.gif). Still a little thin, but not enough (IMO) to use a concealer.

B spot - I did try it off and on when HT #2 was growing in. Of all the research I did on concealers while checking into one........I felt dermmatch was the best all around. It was cost effective and, for me, most importantly, it won't come out once it's in until you shampoo it out. You have to experiment with it awhile..........really only takes 10-15 minutes extra once you get a routine. You may get a little residue on your pillow at night from it, though.

no hair's right.........less is more. If you put too much in you'll end up with a chalky look to your hair. If you do, best thing to do is lightly wipe off the excess with a damp towel and dry your hair again, it should look better.

After my hair grew out a little, I actually tried using it as just a hair thickener versus putting it on the scalp and hair..........it worked great.

Ton's of threads on applying this stuff................Robert's thread with application pics is pretty good. You can review it here it you'd like.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I bought and tried dermatch. Used it a few times, but for whatever reason I simply don't feel that:

1. I've applied it correctly/well

2. it just doesn't look natural enough to me

Number 2 could be because of number 1, but though I did use it a few times, and when I looked in the mirror straight away, I thought it looked good, but from over head in certain lights, I felt it just looked like it was obvious I had a covering on. This could be my overanalytical self-conscious self...which is one reason why I could NEVER do a hairpiece because even if others couldn't detect it, I would be able to detect and KNOW it's a hairpiece.

So my hope is that my hair will be dense enough after this one, that I won't ever want to use any cover up again.

Bill