500 graft's

I read on these forum's about pricing for 1000,2000 or more graft's.

How much would you pay for a smaller # of graft's in the range of 500 or so with a Dr.Rose or Greco in florida ?

I know I should just E-mail them and find out but I just wanted to get people's input on pricing they have paid on smaller session's.

I will be in the Orlando area,and need work done on the front hair line.

I'v had one HT done already (Micro,Mini)Realy no improvement on my hairline and a 4 or 5inch scar in the back to show for it. But I'm shure a Dr.Rose or Greco could realy help.

Also with such a small number needed would FUE. be the better way to go?

I read on these forum's about pricing for 1000,2000 or more graft's.

How much would you pay for a smaller # of graft's in the range of 500 or so with a Dr.Rose or Greco in florida ?

I know I should just E-mail them and find out but I just wanted to get people's input on pricing they have paid on smaller session's.

I will be in the Orlando area,and need work done on the front hair line.

I'v had one HT done already (Micro,Mini)Realy no improvement on my hairline and a 4 or 5inch scar in the back to show for it. But I'm shure a Dr.Rose or Greco could realy help.

Also with such a small number needed would FUE. be the better way to go?

I don't recall the entire pricing structure, but I believe Dr. Rose's minimum range was for 750 or fewer grafts and that was at $3000 or $3500. Something in that range.

That was strictly for new work, though... I don't know if he has different pricing for repair work, if that's what you are looking for.

BillorBob,

500 FU's will not give you much satisfaction, 500 just does not amount to much...maybe I am speaking out of turn here, but I say do it right or dont do it. FU's dont go far.

Good Luck

NW

I agree with NW. If you are looking to only get 500 FUs, or that is all you need, then an HT is NOT a good choice for you. That's my opinion, but if you need 500 now, you'll need 1000 later and so forth, which means more surgeries.

Just a head's up.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

TexasNW2

Some of us are speaking from personal experience and years of research.

If a guy wants to get a 500 graft session to touch up his hairline, that's his decision. But it is an inefficient way to use your limited donor hair. Using your limited donor hair wisely, is one of the keys to ending up happy, and not all screwed up.

Also when a guy with a lot of hair left gets a hair transplant, he is at risk of shock fallout... the surgery can accelerate his hair loss. There is no guarantee that will happen, but no guarantee it will not happen either.

Guys who use little sessions of transplants to touch up their hairlines are making a potentially huge mistake. The kind of mistake that can ruin your appearance.

Guys should wait until they are at least a Norwood 3 and do a fairly large session of all FUs, if they are going to get a transplant.

I think I finally figured out why there is so many people here telling you to wait until you go totally bald before getting an HT. It's always easier to do everything in one big batch, rather than bits at a time, but there is a downside to that thinking - because what do you tell a person who has to wait 10-20 years to go bald and then get an HT? Also - the fact that FUE becomes more and more popular, makes touch-up sessions possible - so if you have the money, why wait? I guess it all depends on whether you want to be happy starting in the next few years, or miserable for the rest of your life. The rules of the game have changed because of the FUE - and most horror stories with plugs/mini/micrografts no longer apply. After I found about HT, I was disillusioned by the fact that I will have to put up with a big scar in the back of my head. Now I know that if you're NW2 you can go to a doctor, and have small a 500 graft FUE session, with no real scar to show for it. I have yet to hear from a NW2 person who had a small touch-up FUE procedure performed complain on this website. Sure there are a lot of people here telling you - I wish I hadn't had HT when I was in my early 20's - but I can guarantee you - none of those people had state of the art FUE procedure performed at that time, because it was simply not available. I'm thaknful to all those guys sharing their stories - because thanks to them, I won't make the same mistake, and stay away from anything short of FUE only procedure. But I will not give up on HT, because it didn't work 5 or 10 years ago - it will work now.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Microprose

You are correct in that the FUE procedure makes the "first big session" approach less important; certainly from a "donor conservation" standpoint it is not a factor, if you go for a non-strip approach.

However, there is still the risk that you can place your permanent hairline too low (as a young "transplantee") and also that if you continue to lose hair, you will look odd with a strong and low hairline, and thinning hair behind that. FUE doesn't change that risk.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have yet to hear from a NW2 person who had a small touch-up FUE procedure performed complain on this website.

There are no patients with enough growth let alone the years of post-transplant experience, unless they are patients of Dr. Woods.

The risks I am talking about will not show up until years later, in some cases. Think of your transplant as a lifetime commitment. Even a crummy "dolls hair" transplant can look good for a couple of years. It's the long term perspective you need to remember.

All I am saying is "be extremely careful". You really really don't want to make a mistake with a HT.

Micropose & Arfy,

I fully agree on the FUE approach as well, it may be the single best way to do a smaller session, less trauma, less scar and perhaps less down time...and if I ever need a touch up - which I hope I will not (wishful thinking)..I will consider the FUE method if it is even further perfected.

I can only hope Propecia helps me hold the line for a good while.

An HT is all a risk. But it is permenant and potentially damning. Really think about what will make you happy.

So you date a little more and have a few more friends now and then later you are the freak. Yeah, that was REALLY worth it.

You can take steroids and get all big and ripped and people will respect your current appearance. The problem is, just like HTs CAN be, abuse or misuse of steroids happens a lot because of the "now" thinking and none of the planning. People can get enough "now" satisfaction. Then you have prostate cancer later or something and then you are so sorry for yourself for taking steroids. You wondered why you cared.

Yeah, that was worth it.

It's all a risk so you better be thinking ahead.

It's your life. Go for it if you want. And years from now I hope you are still 100% ecstatic with your decision. Just know you risk more by being super aggressive. You risk everything, possibly.

I know this is a hot topic and there will be a lot of fencing on this one. That isn't surprising on something like this.

You ask me, "do you wish you filled in the front more?". Yes, I wish I could have a crystal ball telling me that every decision I make will turn out great. But I don't.

What I do have is hair that fell out at an early age. And I'm glad that I did something about it with complete faith that I didn't destroy my future.

And what would you pay for that confidence? To know that you didn't screw your future for today.

All I can say is that I went through the whole gamut of emotions when it came to my hairline and HT. There were no easy decisions.

But I can live with the decision I made for the rest of my life. That is important to me. Because this isn't a temporary solution. It is forever.

Enough on that. I expect to hear back on this one.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Hi me again,

I didn't give much info. or any backround.

You see I'm 35 and for my whole life I'v had one of those hair lines that just dosn't look right.

You see if I wear a hairstyle with my hair falling on my forehead "bang's" I'm fine, but like I said I'm 35 and I'd like to have a 35 year old's hair cut.

With my hair pulled back It just look's wrong.

Even as a kid it looked like a receding hair line.

If you could picture what a NW2 would look like with the rightside recessed and the leftside recessed much less just a little.

I know when you read this It sound's like i'm nit picking, but you would have to see it.

Any pic I have seen on here of a transplant has an even hair line..Some to even, It shouldn't be perfect, but it shouldn't be like mine ether.

I know jumping into a strip surgery (micro,mini and the scar)was realy wrong...bad result,but lucky for me I had very little done.

I'v found this website, I'm learning alot, and just how dumb I was.

I think a good DR. from this site and for such a small amount of work FUE. would be the way to go.

Or one of the realy great Dr.'s that do strip serg. like Rose or greco, I will be in florida so I wouldn't have to travel.

But It sound's like most of you think FUE. would be worth the higher price and travel cost.