Examples of ultra refined follicular unit grafting

• Administrators

Follicular unit grafting has really evolved in the past two years in particular. Today those surgeons who have really mastered ultra refined follicular unit grafting can create very tiny and minimally invasive incisions that are very close together.

This enables patients to achieve very good cosmetic density in a given area when appropriate. Patients also find that these tiny incisions heal rapidly with no pitting or cobblestoning the recipient area.

In addition physicians who have mastered ultra follicular unit grafting pay special attention to the direction, angulation and orientation of the grafts.

This produces hair that grows at the proper natural angles and directions.

I believe that immediate post operative photos tell an enormous amount about the quality of a physician's procedure. Along with other requirements, physicians applying for membership in the Coalition are asked to provide us with immediate post operative photos for review.

The below excellent immediate post op photos were provided by Dr. Ron Shapiro and provide excellent examples of the quality of work now expected of all Coalition members.

Pat

9071084511_4CC9155BD8B61A24D2273812349AF033.jpg.thumb 8071084511_23AF761DDA26A1996C9EFD32DC5D2B08.jpg.thumb 7071084511_9560A6B76B2EDFAE4801393968576DFF.jpg.thumb 3171084511_90A64351CC839F0B006CABFA7B4C525D.jpg.thumb 2171084511_92029F48A51421BFD3028255A872DDD3.jpg.thumb 1171084511_4EF03B46F1DC55152BFBBAEF2568EA8A.jpg.thumb

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Follicular unit grafting has really evolved in the past two years in particular. Today those surgeons who have really mastered ultra refined follicular unit grafting can create very tiny and minimally invasive incisions that are very close together.

This enables patients to achieve very good cosmetic density in a given area when appropriate. Patients also find that these tiny incisions heal rapidly with no pitting or cobblestoning the recipient area.

In addition physicians who have mastered ultra follicular unit grafting pay special attention to the direction, angulation and orientation of the grafts.

I believe that immediate post operative photos tell an enormous amount about the quality of a physician's procedure. Along with other requirements, physicians applying for membership in the Coalition are asked to provide us with immediate post operative photos for review.

The below excellent immediate post op photos were provided by Dr. Ron Shapiro and provide excellent examples of the quality of work now expected of all Coalition members.

Pat

9071084511_4CC9155BD8B61A24D2273812349AF033.jpg.thumb 8071084511_23AF761DDA26A1996C9EFD32DC5D2B08.jpg.thumb 7071084511_9560A6B76B2EDFAE4801393968576DFF.jpg.thumb 3171084511_90A64351CC839F0B006CABFA7B4C525D.jpg.thumb 2171084511_92029F48A51421BFD3028255A872DDD3.jpg.thumb 1171084511_4EF03B46F1DC55152BFBBAEF2568EA8A.jpg.thumb

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

Pat

Hey Pat, those first two sets of photos are of me from my 2200 graft procedure from 3/1. Looks excellent, if I must say so myself. Where did all that grey hair come from?

Dandare, that does look great. You must be stoked. I love to see neat, clean directly-post-op pictures of dense follicular-unit packing like that. They just prove to me more and more that these physicians are performing nothing short of absolutely amazing work. Happy growing, buddy.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• Administrators

dandare75,

Congratulations on being a state of the art "poster head" for the very best work being today! You must be very excited.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

Thanks for the compliments and support guys. I wondered if I was doing the right thing with the right doc. Aside from Dr. Shapiro, I was considering 3 other top HT docs. I must have changed my mind weekly in the coarse of a year. If Dr. Shapiro thinks my work is good enough to showcase his talents and skills, then I guess I made the right decision. My surgery was exactly one week ago today. All of the minor swelling I had in my forehead is gone. Redness in the transplanted area is real hard to find. Scabbing is very minimal, with most of the "scabs" taking the form of white flaking; looks like dry skin or dandruff. If it wasn't for the funky half-head buzz cut, I could go out in public hatless. The staples in the donor area can really disrupt your sleep and until yesterday found them painful and uncomfortable. I used all of the doc's Vicodin. Last night I took 800mg of Ibuprofen. It did the trick and I feel fine now.

Yep, Shapiro worked on me twice, and he's one great doc. My personal opinion is that you just can't beat him and the work he does. My first procedure on 12/15/03, my second procedure was on 12/08/04. A total of 4393 fu's.

• 2 weeks later...

Dandare75,

Trust me. You were doing the right thing with the right doc which many, many patients can and have attested to. Dr. Shapiro restored most of my front hairline nine years ago and it still is growing and still looks as natural as ever. That was almost a decade ago! His work is simply indisputable and believe me, "you're gonna like what's comin!"

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY