Creating a List

I am looking for some help from those who went through the Ht experience. I am working on creating a shopping list of items/meds I should get for pre/post surgery. I am having the HT on April 4th.

Here is what I have on my list as of now:

New Hat, MSM, Muli-Vitamins, Protein powder (to help healing), proscar, Fish oil.

What should I add to the list?? icon_smile.gif

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

I am looking for some help from those who went through the Ht experience. I am working on creating a shopping list of items/meds I should get for pre/post surgery. I am having the HT on April 4th.

Here is what I have on my list as of now:

New Hat, MSM, Muli-Vitamins, Protein powder (to help healing), proscar, Fish oil.

What should I add to the list?? icon_smile.gif

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>One of those pillows to sleep with that supports your neck and keeps your head elevated to keep those precious grafts safe until they heal<LI>Possibly some mederma for your scar<LI>Make sure you get a pretty loosely-fitting hat.......your HT clinic may provide one, H&W does<LI>a good shampoo like Nioxin and maybe start alternating Nizoral with it<LI>a set of hair clippers in case you want to blend the hair after HT<LI>Dermmatch to aid in scar coverage while hair fills and and if you have shock loss

Where are you having the work done, Hairfee?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairfree,

Everyone gave you some good advice. No need to overdo it though....I think your original list is fine, though in my case, I didn't use any Fish oil...I found Aloe Vera very soothing, cooling, and helped with itching. Any oil is difficult to apply and sticky, nor does it have any soothing or cooling effect. But that's just me icon_wink.gif

a good shampoo like Nioxin and maybe start alternating Nizoral with it

Honestly, I recommend you do NOT use Nizoral or Nioxin until at least a few months post op. Though both are EXCELLENT shampoos generally speaking, any transplanted hair near native hair is going to be more fragile and since both have a lot of chemicals in it, it's best not to use them for awhile. I remember talking to some of the techs at Dr. Hasson's about this and they made a good case for it. Use gentler shampoo, preferably something without Sodium Laurel Sulface (I think that's what it's called).

Bill

P.S. Dermatch and/or Toppik are concealers...being that you are only getting a transplant in the front where there is very little native hair, I wouldn't worry about buying these products UNLESS you want to have them on hand for the donor area in case you experience shockloss there which can happen.