I'm not going to start dating until hair grows in!! (not easy to do)

I used to be on a few online dating sites, but once I decided to get a HT about 2 weeks ago, I closed all my accounts.

I decided that once I have my new hairline, I truly believe that I'll be able to date in a different league than I could with my old hairline, and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

However, this means that for about 6 months I am going to take a break from dating which is hard as hell...especially considering that I'm 35 w/no kids, and really at the point that I'm ready to "get the show on the road" if you know what I mean!

Anyone else do this?

Asterisk,

I predict you'll be feeling a little different in a couple of months. It's uncomfortable at the two week mark but in two months you'll feel brand new.

I hear you though, but at least go for a little just to pass the time. I haven't seen any real growth at the two month mark but I can feel my confidence building a little every day.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Totally understandable. You didn't mention if your in decent shape or not but you could also use this time to hit the gym and really improve the rest of you as well. Wonders can be had in just 6 months even if your in pretty good shape now.

I'll add this: There's this guy, he's 37 or so, who works out at my gym. He's got low body fat, cut muscles, mucho confidence, no wife, and a slick-ass (although nicely tanned) bald head.

Let me tell you, he's always got fine women coming around him at the gym. Some people got it, I suppose, but this guy is balding but one day said "the hell with it" and shaved; and I'll bet hasn't given his hair situation another thought. It must be like the 10th wonder of the world, how some guys just refuse to let thinning hair bother them.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

good idea about getting into shape, although at this point 6 months feels like an eternity!

I hear you about some guys being ok about being bald....but then again some guys look pretty good with shaved heads. I look like Mr. Potato Head when I shave, which is one of the reasons I had to get a HT!

If I weren't single I'm not even sure I would have done this to be honest, lol.

If I weren't single I'm not even sure I would have done this to be honest, lol.

Asterisk,

I can't speak for everyone, but I had all 3 hair transplants as a married man. My wife is very understanding, beautiful, and she loves me for who I am, not my hair. BUT, I was very insecure about my hair loss and wanted to do something about it.

Be sure that if you go through with surgery that you do it for you, and not for anyone else.

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree with Bill, as I am a married man myself. But, what happens as you get older is you don't have as much confidence around other men, women, even kids!

So, while I am not looking for a woman, per se, I wouldn't mind looking better to everyone I meet. My wife was pretty cool about the whole thing, and I know it doesn't make a difference to her. However, I will say she thinks I'm an idiot for staying on a hair loss forum all the time.... icon_rolleyes.gif

But, I have reduced my time on football sites and even a swimming pool forum I used to frequent. icon_wink.gif

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

You guys are the best and your advice is invaluable....but on this one I have to disagree. Of course I like to look better for me, but if I were in prison for the rest of my life where I would never see another woman, I know I wouldn't care about getting a HT.

Yes I like being more attractive in general, but my goal with this HT is to look more attractive to females!

Originally posted by Asterisk:

You guys are the best and your advice is invaluable....but on this one I have to disagree. Of course I like to look better for me, but if I were in prison for the rest of my life where I would never see another woman, I know I wouldn't care about getting a HT.

Yes I like being more attractive in general, but my goal with this HT is to look more attractive to females!

I see what you're saying, but what I meant was as you age hair can help you in many other ways. Oftentimes in board meetings, it's the guys who are overweight, bald, etc. who aren't the real leaders because they have a perceived deficiency.

My point is you should do like Bill says, and do it for yourself.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

I can tell you there was a significant increase in my dating successes after my 3 HT's.. My percentage of "successful" dates tripled and the women just seemed more responsive..

Some would say it is confidence but that is not true.. You cannot control the way others perceive you physically. Naturally, it can give you more confidence but if you can't get pass the phone number stage there is no chance..

ironically, during the dates the subject of "what their type" comes up and hair is always a subject.. This never came up when I was bald , but now that I am not they feel comfortable in saying it.. Of course this is not everybody but you'd be surprised

I am saying this as an objective dater and in no way am I telling people to get a HT or that you cannot date if you are thinning.. Simply, I have been on both sides of the fence and it is better on this side in my opinion

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I agree with you asterisk. If I was single and had my ht done I would wait for awhile until my confidance was a 100% and go after the hottest lady rather than being a little nervous about your head out on a date. In full bloom you will feel great and she will be chasing you,not the other way around. You can have hamburger if you like and you can have a sirloin, but I prefer the filet and I would wait a little longer for the filet rather than the hamburger or sirloin. If I was not married, I would wait and hit the big time. I have alot of very pretty woman friends and before I started loosing my hair in my early 30s when I had a full head. They would disclose to me that balding men where kind of a turn off. That again was the very hott hott girls. But then again I would rather date an 8 then date a 10 who was just to much on vainness and shallowness.

Originally posted by djdennis:

You can have hamburger if you like and you can have a sirloin, but I prefer the filet and I would wait a little longer for the filet rather than the hamburger or sirloin.

lol

hahaha

Anyway, this is a great topic. I always thought that ones I get a woman hook line and sinker, the propecia / rogaine / stress stops. Shave it to the skin, squeeze out some kids, and not worry about the head anymore.

Time will tell though.