nizoral shampoo question

lost my swagger

for those of you who use it, is it to much if you use it every day??? ive heard some say they use it every day, while others say it can damage the hair and scalp and can have an adverse effect. so they use it only 2-3 times a week.... its the 1% NON-perscription kind... and it says on the bottle to use every 3 days, but id like to do every other if its possible.. what do you think?

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

for those of you who use it, is it to much if you use it every day??? ive heard some say they use it every day, while others say it can damage the hair and scalp and can have an adverse effect. so they use it only 2-3 times a week.... its the 1% NON-perscription kind... and it says on the bottle to use every 3 days, but id like to do every other if its possible.. what do you think?

lost my swagger,

I've only ever used the 2% and even using an amount no larger than a quarter 3 times daily, my scalp and hair became rather dry.

I'm not sure if it was the amount of ketoconazole that was the problem or another ingredient causing the dryness.

I did use Revita shampoo (also contains 1% ketconazole) daily for 6 months with no problems. All in all, it made my hair feel very soft and was a good volumizer.

I'm not real convinced that any shampoo is real effective in fighting hair loss though. Ketoconazole may work better as a leave on treatment like Extina foam. But Nizoral and/or Revita may be good adjunct treatments to other proven treatments.

All the Best,

Bill

here is my little story you guys might find it interesting regarding nizoral 2%.

one morning about 6-7 years ago i woke up and noticed that my hair was shiny and wet looking in my washroom mirror. after i swiped the top with my palm i also noticed that it was oily. all of a sudden eh!!!! i ignored it for some time since i still had a full head of hair. few months after i noticed that my hairline started to 'corrode'. and then some more. and then some thinning on top. all of this happend very fast in a span of 8-10 months. since my father is NW7 i knew what time is it. without bothering to go and see a doctor/dermatologist i just stuck on wearing a cap. although i wore a b-cap even before the 'greasy' hair and hairloss showed up. looking back at it now i gotta admit that it was very foolish of me not to go and seek the professional help at that time which could've saved me a lot more hair and pain. i got heavy cough one day so i ended up seeing my family doctor and it was a 'perfect' time for me to ask him about the 'grease' hair issue. that's when he told me about nizoral 2% and i started using it ever since. so 5 years ago i stared nizoral 2% and used it ever since almost every day.

nizoral 2% here in Canada i buy just as grocery, no prescription. 4 years on nizoral 2% didn't stop my hairloss but it did slow it down. i never experienced any new regrowth from it though. the greasy hair became thing of the past too thanks to the nizoral. for last 10 months i've bin on proscar and minox 5% so i had to cut down on the nizoral since it would overdry my scalp. once per week at present time. things are looking good so far and proscar and minox are doing wonders for my hair. my crown grew back and the thinning on top turned into thickness.

so the bottom line is nizoral 2% is not too bad for as the 'first aid kit' but nothing comes close to fin/minox combo. greasy hair for me started it all rolling down the hill!!!!!

I use nizoral 2 percent I have used it for years for dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis. I like the brand formulation--makes your hair look thick. The generic does not work as well as a shampoo. My experience is that doctors want you to use it in modeation--possible kidney complications--maybe 2x a week.

. more directly, do you guys think if i use Nizoal 1% lik 4 times a week or maybe even 5 that thats to much? or could damage my scalp? i like what it does for my scalp as i had a really dry flakey sclap.. nizoral seems to make this a lot better.. this is my reason for wanting to use it frequently. not so much hoping for results regrowth wise.... like Bill says i just use it as an adjunct treatment to my fin/minox.. thanks for the replys

i use 2% three times a week with no adverse affects if i didnt my scalp would become very greasy and extremely flaky but i imagine everyones different dude

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Originally posted by Chuckisduck:
Originally posted by kokonut:

what do you guys think about sebcur/t, this was prescribed to my by my doc...it has helped me with itching and scaling.

http://www.dermtek.com/products/sebcur_t.html

Is it for more psoriasis than dandruff?

as quoted on the site

"MEDICATED SHAMPOO FOR THE CONTROL OF ITCHING, REDNESS AND SCALING ASSOCIATED WITH STUBBORN SEBORRHEA OR PSORIASIS OF THE SCALP"

I don't know if this helps you in hair loss but it did help me with itching and scaling and I think it has slowed down the hair loss process somehow...i know nizoral is good for hair loss but it gives me itching and my scalp becomes very dry!!!