HT LIMITING HAIR STYLES?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only at 4 months so there is so much more to come, but already it has allowed me to:

-have longer hair if I wish

-not worry about the wind

-comb and leave and not worry

-add gel if desired

-look good not combed out of shower

-even have decent bed head icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks Ng2GB. I hear your frustrastion, but what you have to understand is that there are very few that have their HT's and hang around this site. They researched, got their HT and have moved on with their lives. It sucks for those of us that want to soak up as much stuff from them as possible, but you have to be happy for them that they are finally free and can move on. That is a pretty cool thing and likely will happen to you soon.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I hope your correct. If these guys just were so happy with their ht that they totally stopped thinking about balding and don't check out this site any more, then thats a great answer to my question. Guess their not bothered with dermatch and weird styling problems if this is true.

As for me, I will continue to post. Right now Im going through a Howard Hughes phase: using my ten inch finger nails to type, long beard, dark room filled with cigarette smoke, new castle bottles every where dimly lit by photos of shiny bald heads on my laptop...

Jessica-Alba-102.JPG.0d33e70e2241d880ea8c283eb86a33b3.JPG

Go Nelly Go!!!

great to hear.. 4 months is nothing so you got a lot more on the way..

See , all that worrying for nothing

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Whats up Ng2Gb. If you can wait 9-10 months I'm really hopin to finally be able to rock some different styles. Greased comb over won't be one of them, ok maybe one for fun. That will be fn cool to finally be able to do that. You're a funny dude.

Sorry guys I haven't been following this for a few days I guess. Someone asked if I had any dermatch or anything in my hair for the pics and the answer is no. I haven't ever used any of those types of products.

NGTGB, I want so badly to help you with this obsessive quest of yours but I just don't know how!! Like I said before, my hair naturally parts slightly on the left; If I dry it with a towel and just leave it be without any brushing or anything, it STILL parts itself there. Jotronic pointed something out to me when I was there that I had never known: your "whorl" pattern is not just at the back of your head. It actually continues out and spreads throughout your entire hair pattern. This is especially true for me. I can actually see the continuing pattern since my hair is so damn straight and fine. On one side of my head the hair goes one way and on the other it goes another way. Until I joined the AF at 18yrs old, my hair was always shoulder length or longer so it was not noticeable. Then for the next 20 yrs, I had it buzzed down to the skin every 10 days or so. Now, especially with Dr Hasson's skill and artistry in replicating the proper pattern and angles for my natural hair growth, I can actually see the pattern. But, I forgot the point I was trying to make because I'm watching deal or no deal. Damn it!

Anyway, I am trying to just let my hair grow out longer for the next few months; SO, I'M NOT going to go cutting it up to try new hair styles for you!! icon_redface.gif I know, where's the love? Maybe I can get some gel, and just goof with it, take a bunch of pics, and post them to see how they look? I'm trying to help man!

Pushing40,

thanks man! Your messages both on the boards and pms' have been a great insight for me. I don't consider your do an anchor-man one in the least, BECAUSE I can tell it is so damn thick that you can do just about anything with that mop you wanna.

One thing I find very interesting is that a lot of the guys with fantastic results (you included) have fine, straight hair. As a matter of fact, you have the very characteristics that docs say are the least ideal: dark hair on light skin (big hair to skin contrast), fine, thin, straight hair! Aren't the most ideal characteristics thick, curly hair and low hair to skin color contrasts? I noticed that Shuffle and Evolution have fine to avg straight hair according to Jotrnonics explanation, yet ALL of you have absolutely phenomenal results. crazy...the only other thing I was going to ask you was if you had any other pre-op pics where your hair was longer, but given that you said you always had it buzzed down I doubt you do. thanks a lot for all of your input pushing. Your hair looks great and I seriously doubt you will be limited in your styling in any way. it took years off of your appearance. Im happy for you, I hope I too get that good of a result.

anybody else care to share? I got plenty more Alba to come.

Jessica-Alba-14.JPG.705d228c0d0a110894b4293887987d70.JPG

Thanks man. Actually I do have some from the months after I retired and tried to grow it out. That is when I finally made up my mind to stop researching and just go for it. I was very disappointed I could not let it grow out without it looking goofy. This pic is from about 18 months ago. I was also looking at a photo the other day when I was only 24 and my first son was born. My temples had already receded so far back I looked like I would be a N6 within 5 yrs. Guess you never know. By the way, my birthday is tomorrow; I'll be 41 so that tells you how long ago I came on this site and started researching!

Pre-surgery_longer_hair_(13).JPG.5e009f3cb1b5d12a0c39432131d1c823.JPG

WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a difference!!!

this really shows tremendous difference in your appearance. I could not tell if your hair was thick or thin in your shaved down pre-op pic, but here---WOW! You gotta be ecstatic. Thanks for posting that. Did Dr.H put grafts ALL over the top of your head? I know you did not have any crown work, but was it over the entire top of the head or just half of the top?

...I hope that Hummer has good brakes.

Jessica-Alba-33.JPG.180b584dc401db43730a69a8df6e9b60.JPG

oh well, thanks though. would you say that they placed the grafts all the way back to where your hair line went back to (obviously through the frontal forelock). In other words, they did NOT go in the native hair beyond the frontal fore lock? I cant tell if your have thinning in that area behind the forelock.

Jessica-Alba-1.JPG.643fb699244fbbc52bc17e6bf44c3be9.JPG

I wished I could say my hair will look good with any style but like most of us it has many limitations, even when I was a teenager I had to comb a certain way to take advantage of it's own growth patterns and hide it's perceived shortfalls. Today I have many more options than I did before the HT's of course, but I am not sure I will ever be 100% satisfied, we tend to be so self critical. I am hoping for more density to grow in the high temple areas, if I can get that it'll be the best I can get based on my pattern.

hey notgoingtogobald

it looks like alba is up the duff ....... by that i mean ,she is with child hhahahahahahahahahhaa ....... man i bet your gutted hahahaha

good luck finding a hot pregnant pic

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

None here.. Not at all

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!