Post op blues ....

corey

Good morning guys !! So i was reading through some of the posts in here this morning and really no one has posted about post op depression . I have to be honest its been three months and two weeks since my ht and i look in the mirror and think to myself i paid $ 9600 for what ... less hair than what i went in with ???? Thats plays on your mind big time !!! I guess its almost like it will never happen .... and i think i am very patient ??? It seems that alot of guys see results by now , and other than some fine sprouts here and there .... there isnt much happening up there ??? When should i see a significant change ????

Good morning guys !! So i was reading through some of the posts in here this morning and really no one has posted about post op depression . I have to be honest its been three months and two weeks since my ht and i look in the mirror and think to myself i paid $ 9600 for what ... less hair than what i went in with ???? Thats plays on your mind big time !!! I guess its almost like it will never happen .... and i think i am very patient ??? It seems that alot of guys see results by now , and other than some fine sprouts here and there .... there isnt much happening up there ??? When should i see a significant change ????

Hang in there, most hair only starts poppin around three months. So you've got some great things ahead for you. You'll love what you see in the mirror 6 months...8 months...year! Are you taking MSM, Megamen vitamins from GNC? These really do help the hair to grow early and fast.

corey - i am about a week behind you and i feel your pain. i went through the same thing with my first procedure and, surprise! the hair actually grew. Just sit back, take on some activities to keep your mind off your hair, and by christmas you'll need your brush again!

• 2 weeks later...

Corey,

Keep the faith -- three months is generally just the beginning of seeing results. You really need to wait a good 7 to 8 months before starting to make judgements. Enjoy your life and the hope/promise of a brighter follicular future while you wait! Fill your time wisely and it will pass quickly as it invariably always does...

GratefulHead

Corey,

Some folks sprout more early and some are late bloomers so to speak. You should begin to see some new growth any day and into the fourth month, so hang on! Keep us posted on your progress. icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Dont worry--things should be fine. New FU can have a dormant period up to 6 months before starting to grow and you will get growth through 12-18 months. Different people grow at different rates as well as different surgeries. I had one HT that took 5 months to start growing and continued through 18 months. While I had another that took just 4 weeks and 100% grown in 9 months-- It all varies.

Get on Propecia, 5% Rogain, 2-3,000 MSM, and a multi vitiam high in zinc, E, C, and B.

This should help trigger healther growth. Also, dont smoke or drink a lot as this will slow down the process a little.

• 4 weeks later...

Corey and BH,

GratefullHead is on the case, after my first HT I was hating life as you do when you dont see results. However I realised sitting around and thinking negativly about it was not going to do anything. So I bought a new competition spec mountain bike and started practising with the aim to eventually compete in some ametuer downhill events. Since then my fitness has improved beyond belief and Im way better off for it. I also started learning about computers and getting back into a regular gym routine.

My point being, you cant let it stop you enjoying you life! Its been said on the forum lots and its true, losing hair has to be put in perspective, Its wrong and pisses us all off to the max, but it can be fixed and its realy just a matter of time.

Im 2 months post op to the day and can only just see the white whispy one's about 1 or 2 mil long, dont worry mate it will happen.

Someone mentioned on a recent post (sorry i cant remember who) a comment that was spot on 'try not to look at your HT everyday and it will happen sooner' I know its hard not too but it works for me.

Sorry, one more thing, Its kind of like building lego i guess... the build time and the wait (and frustration when you cant find the pieces) are what make the end result (a lego spaceship) so cool.

Okay ive talked shit for too long.

Cheers

qvarnis

it is a bit too early to worry about the grafts

not growing, like the gents above mentioned.

I think the bigger concern may be that when

they do grow in you might be disappointed with

the results if your expectations are too high.

I believe this is a quite common yet little

discussed psychological facet of hair t's.

regards, carl