Other Hairloss Forums

vocor1

Folks:

What I'd like is some honest opinions about other hairloss forums. Any forums, really. I know of hairlosshelp and hairsite. I have yet to post to them for a variety of reasons.

I like posting here because the audience seems mature and genuine. I'd really say that few serious arguments go on here outside of normal, expected stuff.

What is the "flavor" or "feeling" of the other sites? Are they worth exploring/posting to?

Which one do you like best? Why?

My hair restoration story is still continuing. I'm building a website as well. A lot of the picts are formatted in but the "storyline" and whatever else is far from complete. Good thing HTML is easy to learn and use.

I'd like to have a presence in the other forums if that is helpful to others who want hairloss/hair-restoration advice/info based on my case.

That would be worthwhile, but I'd like to save some time initially and I'm looking for your help on that.

And yes, yes, "Go explore for yourself" is self-evident. Let me know what you think based on what you've read on the other sites.

Thanx!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Folks:

What I'd like is some honest opinions about other hairloss forums. Any forums, really. I know of hairlosshelp and hairsite. I have yet to post to them for a variety of reasons.

I like posting here because the audience seems mature and genuine. I'd really say that few serious arguments go on here outside of normal, expected stuff.

What is the "flavor" or "feeling" of the other sites? Are they worth exploring/posting to?

Which one do you like best? Why?

My hair restoration story is still continuing. I'm building a website as well. A lot of the picts are formatted in but the "storyline" and whatever else is far from complete. Good thing HTML is easy to learn and use.

I'd like to have a presence in the other forums if that is helpful to others who want hairloss/hair-restoration advice/info based on my case.

That would be worthwhile, but I'd like to save some time initially and I'm looking for your help on that.

And yes, yes, "Go explore for yourself" is self-evident. Let me know what you think based on what you've read on the other sites.

Thanx!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

here's my perspective:

hairloss - has most traffic

hairsite - very FUE oriented

this site - most mature

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Hairsite is a waste of time. It has outdated info on the main pages and promotes very dubious doctors. On the forums themselves there is nothing of value to learn; a lot of needless bitching. There are some genuine posters but they are jumped on by the mob; as jototronic he has sufferred there when all he was doing was giving advice to some posters. There are also many fake posters there who either lie about great results from avodart or dramatise the negatives. The moderator has no control as you dont have to register to post and can thus use diff names which adds to the confusion.

Hairlosshelp is a very good site and has many genuine posters. There is some conflict at times but it is usually honest debate gone a bit personal. I definitely reccommend this site as you will get an honest response. Arfy, jo and myself all post there regularly, although the two of them recently had a public falling out which i hope is now resolved. The only problem with the site is that its moderator, Farrel, intervenes in nearly every thread deletes posts and bans members at his discretion. That said he does seem to be a decent guy who wants to help people.

This site is very good but sometimes it can take days for someone to respond which can be frustrating but pats a good guy and its like a family here so i will always poat here. Hope this helps.

guys:

Thanks for the feedback.

I liked what I read on hairlosshelp and didn't really look too much at hairsite. It seems I can't even find much time to post here, so . . .

I read the "Joto/Arfy" banter as well. I found it entertaining. Both those guys have been so instrumental in educating other on hairloss and cutting through the BS, they are pretty much irreplacable. I hope the argument or whatever is just a temporary thing. A shame if it wasn't.

Anyway, I'll admit, my first impression of Farrel is that he is an annoying poster. He butts in a lot and is defensive. Defensive either means: inflated ego or insecure. Neither is a good trait of an online poster, more or less a man.

Good thing he can't delete posts here, eh? icon_smile.gif

I guess I have to give some props to anyone who can organize people and facilitate the free exchange of information. That helps so many people.

Even if they are an annoying poster.

Thanks again for feedback.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

vocor1,

yeah, i looked at the other site as well. too many posters argue over little things. it's messy over there. and farrel does bug in alot!

I myself really like HLH and even though I don't agree with Farrell all the time I think he tries his best to say neutral. I feel that maybe it was me causing all the trouble but now that I am no longer posting its gone nuts...lol..I do admit its entertaining reading it. I feel that the posters there are probaly the most emotional of them all. Sometimes I miss not posting on there.

Hairsite is probaly the biggest joke on the internet. I think that the AM/PM 4 burger for a buck have more taste and foundation than that joke of a website. Dave (aka Farrell Wigs) is probaly the stupidest moderator in history. Doesn't anyone see that he is a Woods b#tch and Farrell Systems dog? He edited anything against Woods or Farrel? I still can't believe that some people post on there but seeing who it is I totally understand. Dave if you are reading this please be a man and not a worm and have some guts instead of being someone b&tch.

This site is probaly the mature of them all. I feel that mostly people on this overlook there personal agendas to actually help people out. The fact that Pats doesn't interfere is much appreciated.

I have new names for the the other two side. Hairlosshelp ( no disrespect to Farrell I do like him) " the hairloss debators" and for Hairsite it would be puppetformoney.com.

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I think Micro's assesment of the 3 sites is exactly right. The only things I would add is that even though HLH seems to have more traffic, the information/education here is more easily attained. You dont have to sort through the bickering, personal insults, delted posts, and all out wars to get what you want here. I also find the site easier to navigate.

Baldbozo (the FUE messiah); I knew that you would respond and thanks for the kind words.

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson