Defending Bosley ...

jr1

Hi everyone, I found this site just last night and decided it might be a wise idea to join. I have been reading a lot of negative remarks in regards to many different surgeons (except Shapiro of course). So I figured I would just put in my two cents.

I am almost 23 years old and am an NW2 - Not terribly bad, but I'm very yong so it's naturally bothering me. I had a procedure done by one of Bosley offices, and I have to be honest fellas, it went pretty damn well.

I went in for a consult, and the Doc said I don't really need anything done yet, maybe just a few hundred grafts, but he said I should wait (which was very proffesional). However, I insisted on the few hundred grafts so we went ahead an scheduled. It has been about 8 months since the procedure and everything is just fine.

I have a little scar from my donor area which is easily covered up by a number "3" with clippers.

I only had 300 grafts put in across my entire hairline, so naturally it wont make much of a difference, but there is no way whatsoever, I can remotely tell the difference between the transplanted and natural hair. (There is also no scarring whatsoever in the front)

The Doc and the staff were very proffesional and extremely curtious. I also went and cheked my surgeons crudetials: This guy was a general and vascular surgeon, and served as chief of suregery at his former hospital! I plan on going back in a couple months and filling in the rest of the hairline. I can't think of one good reason I shouldn't - the procedure went splendedly.

Just thought I would put that out there for everyone, feel free to respond. And "MEHAIRBEGROWING", before I hear how "terrible" they are etc. etc. I do just want to say I am sorry for what has happened in the past, but from my understanding that was years ago - and the technology is night and day, but I am sorry.

P.S. - what's the deal with Avacor - is this stuff legit? Thanx fellas - talk to you guys later.

Jeff Bowers

Hi everyone, I found this site just last night and decided it might be a wise idea to join. I have been reading a lot of negative remarks in regards to many different surgeons (except Shapiro of course). So I figured I would just put in my two cents.

I am almost 23 years old and am an NW2 - Not terribly bad, but I'm very yong so it's naturally bothering me. I had a procedure done by one of Bosley offices, and I have to be honest fellas, it went pretty damn well.

I went in for a consult, and the Doc said I don't really need anything done yet, maybe just a few hundred grafts, but he said I should wait (which was very proffesional). However, I insisted on the few hundred grafts so we went ahead an scheduled. It has been about 8 months since the procedure and everything is just fine.

I have a little scar from my donor area which is easily covered up by a number "3" with clippers.

I only had 300 grafts put in across my entire hairline, so naturally it wont make much of a difference, but there is no way whatsoever, I can remotely tell the difference between the transplanted and natural hair. (There is also no scarring whatsoever in the front)

The Doc and the staff were very proffesional and extremely curtious. I also went and cheked my surgeons crudetials: This guy was a general and vascular surgeon, and served as chief of suregery at his former hospital! I plan on going back in a couple months and filling in the rest of the hairline. I can't think of one good reason I shouldn't - the procedure went splendedly.

Just thought I would put that out there for everyone, feel free to respond. And "MEHAIRBEGROWING", before I hear how "terrible" they are etc. etc. I do just want to say I am sorry for what has happened in the past, but from my understanding that was years ago - and the technology is night and day, but I am sorry.

P.S. - what's the deal with Avacor - is this stuff legit? Thanx fellas - talk to you guys later.

Jeff Bowers

hey jr

What bosley location did your ht. What dr? How much did you pay for your graphs? Have you got any pics you can share? Why did you choose bosley?? Did you do any research at all before you went to bosley?

I had a good experience with Bosley too - my opinion is that they are probably producing good results in general, but they have had their share (or more than their share) of bad procedures. If every Bosley doc was doing terrible work, they would have been out of business long ago.

That said, you can probably expect some criticism of your post. First of all, IMO, to take a strip scar for 300 grafts is wrong. You didn't have this website as a guide, unfortunately, but for 300 grafts FUE would have been a better way to go. Also, 23 is quite young. Glad to hear you are happy though. good luck

tberry

I had my procedure done in the Boca Office by Dr. Dean - I payed about $2,000 - $2,500 (can't remember exactly. I do not have any pictures. I went to them because initially I saw their advertisements like everyone else, asked a few doctors about them, and no one really had anything bad to say.

JCWhair - how many grafts did you have done - do you have any pictures? Thanx

Jeff Bowers

Jeff Bowers

I think if I dropped 20-25 hondos, I would know exactly what I paid, the date, and I would have a reciept. Sounds funny.

just my opinion

Spot

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I went in for a consult, and the Doc said I don't really need anything done yet, maybe just a few hundred grafts, but he said I should wait (which was very proffesional). However, I insisted on the few hundred grafts so we went ahead an scheduled.

What if i went to a cosmetic surgeon and asked him to put my ears on backwards... should they do it?

What if I was really persistent about it?

Try to prevent any further hair loss with medications. If you continue to lose hair, you will have a tuft of permanent transplanted hair floating in the middle of your head, and you run the risk of looking bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...

wait a sec.... you mean to tell me that you had a Ht with only 300 grafts? and you paid over 2500? OMG!

please tell me that is not the case! this is what i mean wheni say hairmill. Maybe i did not read your post right. That is totally unethical. So when you go back every year for 300 grafts you have no idea the damage this is going to do and that scar is going to be something in a few years. I'm sorry but I don't support what you did. You should have first gone on proscar and your surgeon should not have done that HT for only 300 grafts. at over 8.50 per graft! OMG!

matthew

The point I'd like to make about Bosley or MHR is that some of their doctors may in fact be able to perform okay HTs and treat you well, but they aren't consistent. They have MANY dissatisfied customers and their "ways" of doing business are well-understood.

Yet, there are many top docs with little or no negative feedback or experiences from HT forum posters.

Why would you choose Bosley/MHR over a top doc? Why would you want to risk it?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.