sorry to say this

I don't have any bad comments to make, and hopefully this won't be deleted..

I must say after reading all about hair loss and the surgeries, money, heartache etc.

I'm sure just about all of you would look fine if you just simply shaved your head bald.

I shave my head every day, and I have a full head of hair.

You are putting a ton of cash out there and treated terribly by some of the physicans that do the transplants.

Shaving your head is very liberating, and it's not as bad as you think it is.

take care, I wish the best for all of you

I don't have any bad comments to make, and hopefully this won't be deleted..

I must say after reading all about hair loss and the surgeries, money, heartache etc.

I'm sure just about all of you would look fine if you just simply shaved your head bald.

I shave my head every day, and I have a full head of hair.

You are putting a ton of cash out there and treated terribly by some of the physicans that do the transplants.

Shaving your head is very liberating, and it's not as bad as you think it is.

take care, I wish the best for all of you

BIP, Welcome to the forum,

We would never delete a post like yours!

Your opinion is welcome here & we value it.

First off do you know how much that kills us that you have a full head of hair & you shave it off! Damn!

You know I wish I could pull off the shaved head look. I have a smallish head/face so I would probably look like a weasle! icon_smile.gif

Or an alien.

I don't want liberation, I want hair!

As far as the heartache, money etc..

Most of that is minimzed by being an educated patient which is why we are here.

By the way how did a guy with a full head of hair find this forum? Or why?

Thanks for posting your view. icon_smile.gif

Thank you.

I found this site because I recently started shaving earlier this month, and I'm always looking for information on head shaving (different techniques / products, etc) and I stubled across somebody's BLOG on Hair Club for Men, and somehow I stubled on this site.

I had a ton of anxiety about shaving my head, I've never been happy with my hair, always hating it being curly etc...

I tried it earlier this month and I love it..

I found a website similar to this that is all about being bald. Many of the guys there are suffereing from Male Pattern Baldness and are quite happy that they shave their head.. and most are quite surprised how good they look with a shaved head... and all the anxiety disappears when you don't have to worry about who might discover that they have a "piece" or using cover up, or the scars from plugs / transplants.

Imagine how much money you could save by simply giving up trying to cover it up or reversing it and simply embrasing your baldness and shaving it all off... you'll be much happier

Guest wanthairs

I just have to say here....

I have been trying to conceal my hair loss since I was 18 years old with creative combing and concealers until it was just too obvious. I had the hair transplant but after I just decided one day to shave my head, regardless of the scar showing. I dont know what got into me. Well, My score rate with women has gone through the roof since i shaved. I cant believe it !. I think If I had known this I probably would have just gone for the sahved look as I am going to need two additional procedured to get the density I need. However saying that, Id rather have a good head of hair, but it is liberating to have a shaved head and loads of babes dig it.

A guy at 20 who shaves his head can look cool. A guy at 40 who does it looks pathetic.

I agree, and a guy at 50 looks psycho!

bald in providence,

Welcome to our community.

No, your post wouldn't be deleted.

You are expressing your opinion respectfully.

But you have to keep in mind, whereas you are content in the fact that you shaved your head, many others feel that they don't look good this way, including me.

Also, remember...YOU, having a full head of hair, have options. You can shave your head today because it's in style...but 2 years from now, you might decide to grow it back in a bit. It's NICE to have options!

Losing hair is more about losing hair anyway...

It's yet another indication that we are losing our looks, our youth, and for some, confidence goes down - including myself.

IMO, one can't put a price tag on confidence. One could argue that confidence shouldn't come solely from our looks (and I would agree with that statement), however, clearly wanting to look our best is part of being a man (or a woman), and clearly helps or hinders our confidence. This is especially true when seeking a romantic interest. For me, even talking to pretty women without a hat on was more difficult because I didn't feel as attractive, therefore as confident. Silly? Perhaps...but these things aren't controllable on the surface.

Regarding price...

I've paid the price tag at this point of one decent new car.

Now one could argue that this is a LOT of money...and truthfully...it is!

But considering most people go through one car every 5 years before they buy a new one, keeping my car for 10 years, and getting my hair back that will last me a life time, IMO, was a better investment for me.

I now feel confident to go around without a hat and don't feel women are looking at my bald head.

Sure my hair is still a bit thin compared to what it was in high school,, but I've restored my hair to pre-wedding days (5 years ago), and that feels pretty darn good.

But you are right...in fact, I don't think it's a bad idea to shave your head FIRST before considering an HT to see if you and/or others dig the look. After all, it IS in style today anyway...a good day for bald men.

Just my opinion and experience.

Bill

you've got it right there!

trying a head shave first and sport it for a month.

since I shaved my head, I feel I have more confidence even though I wasn't losing my hair in the first place.

It takes a confident guy to shave all the hair off and walk around like it doesn't matter. It's not easy in the beginning, but I have nothing but positive comments on it.

bald in providence,

I've actually tried it when I was a freshman in high school.

Mind you that was about 15 years ago...

But here is what happened:

I shaved my head because of swimming, my sport in high school.

I hated the way I looked

I lost my current girlfriend right after I shaved my head. A shame, because I really liked her. She said it wasn't because of the shaved head, but I didn't believe her.

I did find another girlfriend with my shaved head, but that didn't last.

Another girl I liked turned me down until she saw me 6 months later after I grew my hair back and then asked me out.

All that to say, I didn't WANT to shave my head in the first place because I wanted to have hair!

Basically, I know I look better with hair, and it's always been part of my "image".

Now if one can get away with a shaved head and likes it...MORE POWER TO THEM!

But for me...it just didn't work out.

Bill

Very true...

But all that to say, my point is, that hairloss doesn't impact everyone...some people may be happy, or at least content to shave their head, while on the extreme opposite end, some feel their lives are completely over. I'd say that I was somewhere in between the extremes. It makes me extremely sad to see some who's lives have become destitute because they are losing their hair, yet at the same time, I can understand a version of it, since I too struggled with it.

The good news is, hair transplantation (though not for all) is available as an option for those who are candidates and want to take some control back over their situation. Shaving one's head, of course, is another option if it's acceptable to them, and CLEARLY the cheaper choice icon_wink.gif

Bill

I hear you there.

It's too bad that all the sites / information out there starts it's 'pitch' with "Confidence", and shows photos of ladies being attracted to this guy with his new hair.

but many (not all) do find bald attractive..

Do any of the trasnplant doctors mention that they might just look good shaving it all off?

I met a young guy at a party last night with a shaved head, and yeah he had the hottest looking babe there!

I'll tell you though, It helps to be big & buffed too ( like this guy was ) to sport

the shaved look!

I personally think that the bald look is kind of cool on the right individual, but I was at a party a few weeks ago and there were 3 guys with completely shaved heads and it was strange. People treated them as though they had all showed up wearing the same bright orange striped shirt. There were several Kojak and other bald comments. It was very weird. If there was only one of them I'm sure there would not have been a fuss.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I kept my hair shaved down for 3+ years.

Looked great.

Wanted hair though, but not for confidence, women, etc... already had all of that already.

Wanted hair so I got hair.

Everyone under 40 should shave their head before doing a HT.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Very easy to be confindent and speak from a 2nd hand perspective when you do not have to deal with hairloss. Half of the anxiery stems from the whole " process" of losing it.. Watching it fall out and the comments that come short there after.. I can understand as many people have problems with empathy in dealing with many issues. Depression, being overweight, or any other type of personal challenges can be be difficult for others to relate to

I guarantee you if your hair fell out you point of view would be very different. In fact I have a friend who in his 40's is now losing his hair and he has totally changed his attitude. Once he was the type of person to poke fun at it but now he is very sensitive about it

Of course, I am not implying this is you but rather the change in perspective once he was in our shoes

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I'm 2 months since my HT and I've been getting a #3 buzz cut... just did it yesterday. I've been told now I look a lot younger. I'm 44. It's even and the transplanted hair is growing in fast for me. 4,300 grafts Dr. Wong, April 24.

Hi

Now you are really pushing it icon_wink.gif I seriously doubt you are even 10% serious.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

This is an interesting topic especially with someone who doesn't have hairloss active in the thread. It helps to add another perspective to the discussion.

Here's my experience so far. I am now almost 3 months post op (april 4th) and some hairs are starting to grow in the transplanted areas. Enough to make it look like a hairline at #1 buzzed cut. I have been sporting the #1 buzzed cut in the past couple months and the feedback has been great. I think that the shaved head look can be a sign of confidence. Women like confident guys regardless if they have hair or not. However, I think that a shaved head with a #1 buzz cut that shows a hairline has a greater appeal to the women than someone shaved bald. Someone shaved completely bald will make one wonder if they actually have hair. I think that the shaved look on a young person is definately a notch up in appeal over someone with hair and thining up top. Someone with hair and thinning up top can look 10-15 yrs older.

There is a lot more to it such as how the face frames the shaved or buzzed look. Not everyone can pull it off.

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

I don't think anybody would belive this, but I would welcome a good case of alopecia, If I didn't have a hair left on my body, I would love that.

ohh, and by the way I'm 40 years old too

Now it just sounds like you are mocking us...

Why would you wish that on yourself?

Heck, if you really want to remove your hair, they sell thousands of products that WORK!!!! Whereas, those who want to regrow hair, only 2 products help a little...

Bill