2,500 on Sep. 13th

russtaman

Russtaman, Great news!!! You are making a decision that will change your life for the better from now on. I don't know your Doctor but if you got him from a recomendation from this site I'm sure you will be pleased. I was a bit further along with my loss than you are and my 2500fu HT made a great deal of difference to me and what I see in the mirror. Make sure you make your expectations realisticly and be prepared for slow results. It's sort of like watching grass grow but well worth the wait.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted as you progress. Happy growing!!!

Nashville Kat

Way to go Russ! We were at the docs office the same day on the consult. You beat me to the punch, but I hope to move forward soon. I just have that old concern about my donor area.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Russtaman, I'm going to Dr Feller 2 months after you for around 2500 too. Will some of the 2500 go in the back or are you just getting the front done? I'm not sure how my hair compares to yours because I've never cut mine that short - mine is about 2 inches long in an attempt to cover the bald/thinning areas. Here's a pic with wet "hair" combed back:

DrFeller2_001b.jpg.6205a13fef27828f6f79e5801873e38e.jpg

PB, I think your much better off then me with your hair. If I were to let mine grow in it would really look sparse. I have been buzzing my own head for a couple years now since my hairloss took off and feel its better off like this than having it any longer, that is until my transplant. Oh, and Feller will be spreading the grafts across the top of my head except for the crown which I hope Propecia will handle.

Good luck to both of you. i think Dr. feller has some very satisfied patients. whenever i take the plunge, he will be the one (barring a miracle)

PB, since my hair loss is very similar to yours, i have a question, if you dont mind. Will dr. feller be working just on the bald spots, or to thicken the existing hair as well. if so, and since you have a quite a few of your own hair left, has he discussed any shock loss risk to your existing hair.

Thanks

PB, since my hair loss is very similar to yours, i have a question, if you dont mind. Will dr. feller be working just on the bald spots, or to thicken the existing hair as well. if so, and since you have a quite a few of your own hair left, has he discussed any shock loss risk to your existing hair.

Thanks

Hey Paris,

I haven't actually seen Dr Feller in person yet because I live in Europe. I have sent photos to Dr Feller and seen Specs, his consultant in England. We have discussed having the front 1/3 of my head done, which will mean creating a hairline in the completely bald area and then working back amongst existing hair to thicken the hair up behind the new hairline. This will leave thinning hair on the crown though. I won't know until the day of the HT what exactly will happen when Dr Feller has a chance to see me in person. The amount of donor hair left to thicken up the areas with existing hair will depend on how low my new hairline will be. I'm worried about shock loss too, but I don't know if anybody is able to say for sure how much shock loss I could experience. I will just have to wait and see and hope for the best. I will post pictures of all the stages of my HT once I've had it done.

PB

Feller also does "lunchtime sessions" of FUE now. 200 at a time, $1600 per session (so $8 per graft). This is a new approach to non-invasive HTs. Very interesting.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Hi all. Im doing ok except for the donor area pain. Everything went well and I hope to show you some pics as soon as Dr. Feller sends them to me. Oh and yes my days of buzzing my hair all the way down are gone. I only did this because of the fact my hair grow in very sparse. Thanks all.

Hi Russ. Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope the donor area pain has subsided. What sort of pain did you experience on a scale of 1 to 10? Do you think this one HT will be enough or are you planning on having more done? Did the HT take a full day? I'm a bit worried about my donor area because my scalp feels tight; I can't even pinch any skin on the back of my head. Did you have loose scalp on the donor area?

PB

Originally posted by paris_caine:

sounds good PB. very good luck to you. enjoy your stay in new york.

looking forward to hearing from you after your surgery.

Thanks! Doesn't sound like my stay in NY is going to be very enjoyable but hopefully I'll be able to enjoy having hair afterwards. My wife is coming along, so she can enjoy spending any money I have left over after the HT in NY whilst I pop pain killers and suffer in my hotel room...

PB

Originally posted by PB:

Hi Russ. Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope the donor area pain has subsided. What sort of pain did you experience on a scale of 1 to 10? Do you think this one HT will be enough or are you planning on having more done? Did the HT take a full day? I'm a bit worried about my donor area because my scalp feels tight; I can't even pinch any skin on the back of my head. Did you have loose scalp on the donor area?

PB

Yeah the donor area pain has gotten somewhat better. Hard to rate the pain on a scale of 1-10 but I will say that its more of a discomfort type of pain rather than sharp pains. Most likly another tranplant s in my future to balance out the crown with the work I just had done.

Russtaman and PB,

Congrats on taking the plunge. I had a consult w Feller as well. I'm strongly considering him. He suggested 2000 strip. I'm a NW 3A/4 closer to a 4. I have a couple of questions

1 Why feller? Did you consult w other docs

2 Did you see some of his patients and if yes what's the easiest way to go about it. Call his referrals?? Open House??

3 What did you think of his transplant?

4) For Russtaman, how long do you think you have to hide out til its not noticeable? A big concern of mine

Anyway, Congrats again and let's stay in touch

Originally posted by zdfger:

Russtaman and PB,

Congrats on taking the plunge. I had a consult w Feller as well. I'm strongly considering him. He suggested 2000 strip. I'm a NW 3A/4 closer to a 4. I have a couple of questions

2 Did you see some of his patients and if yes what's the easiest way to go about it. Call his referrals?? Open House??

4) For Russtaman, how long do you think you have to hide out til its not noticeable? A big concern of mine

Anyway, Congrats again and let's stay in touch

Im going back to work not this Friday but next Friday. I'm fortunateto work in a warehouse and wear a hat to work so I anticipate no problems. As far as my selection of Dr. Feller, I did a years worth of research and decided on him based on other consults and patient reviews. Most of all call it a gut feeling. I just knew that Dr. Feller was the man.

1. I live in Europe and consulted one doc here. Here HT's aren't as common as in the US so docs here aren't able to specialize in HT's only - the one I saw did everything from HT's to silicon implants.

2. I luckily happened to "bump" into Specs, who does consultations for Dr Feller in the UK. I was just planning a trip to the UK when I found out about Specs and arranged to meet him there. Specs has had an HT with Dr Feller so I was able to see the results. I also asked Specs for a couple of referrals and I contacted them; one was just at the 3?? month post-op stage and he was ecstatic as he was growing hair already. The other I contacted had only just had the HT done so wasn't able to say anything about the results but was very satisfied with Dr Feller's work. Specs warned me about docs that dabble in all sorts of plastic surgery and suggested that I choose an HT doc that specializes in HT's only - he told me that Dr Feller does HT's exclusively. Specs also pointed out some disturbing facts about the local doc I had seen and more than likely saved me from being butchered - after seeing Specs I was terrified to go anywhere else other than Dr Feller ;-)

3. I couldn't actually tell that Specs had had an HT, even on close inspection.

PB

PB

Thanks for the reply. Could you get by w/out a hat if you had to. I wear a suit every day. Hat is not an option. What was your hairloss like before? Could you wear it a little longer and cover it up? How many weeks post op til HT is no longer obvious? Also.I'd love to take a peek at the doc's work. Do you live in NYC area? Sorry for all the questions. I realy appreciate your help. Thanks again

PB

Thanks for the reply. Could you get by w/out a hat if you had to. I wear a suit every day. Hat is not an option. What was your hairloss like before? Could you wear it a little longer and cover it up? How many weeks post op til HT is no longer obvious? Also.I'd love to take a peek at the doc's work. Do you live in NYC area? Sorry for all the questions. I realy appreciate your help. Thanks again

Perhaps you meant to reply to Russtaman... I haven't had mine done yet. I have booked two weeks holiday in November for my HT and will have 11 days recovery time before going back to work. I work in an office and would look a bit out of place if I went to work with a hat on so I am hoping that there won't be any major signs of the HT when I do go back to work. I don't suppose the grafts on my hairline will have shedded by then and I don't have enough hair to cover up my hairline completely so I may be in a bit of trouble.

I will post pictures from immediately before my HT and then each day afterwards for the first few weeks so that people here can see the recovery process as this seems to worry a lot of people.

PB

PS You can see my before pics earlier on this thread, one pic with my hair wet and brushed back exposing the bald front and missing hairline: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul...1/DrFeller2_001b.jpg

and a second before pic with clean dry hair combed over to the side in an attempt to cover the bald: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul...DrFeller2_001dry.jpg

After pics will follow in November... I hope, if all goes well and I get to New York.

I'm hoping to get this area filled in plus some in behind to thicken the area behind the new hairline up (see NewHairLine.JPG):

NewHairLine.JPG.bbaae81624de6370571c01ada2309009.JPG

PB, your situation is similar to mine. I have a little more hair loss, but all in the front like you. I'm getting 2700 Sept. 28th with Dr. Keene. Although I have options of working from home and/or wearing a hat, it will be interesting to see how long the HT is "noticable".

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I'm sorry that post was for Russtaman. Russtaman if you're out there I'd appreciate your response. My plans are to see some post op patients over the next month so I'll keep you updated. Good luck!!