2,500 on Sep. 13th

russtaman

Originally posted by zdfger:

PB

Thanks for the reply. Could you get by w/out a hat if you had to. I wear a suit every day. Hat is not an option. What was your hairloss like before? Could you wear it a little longer and cover it up? How many weeks post op til HT is no longer obvious? Also.I'd love to take a peek at the doc's work. Do you live in NYC area? Sorry for all the questions. I realy appreciate your help. Thanks again

Well I wouldn't feel good going without the hat but thats just me. THere are concealers available to cover up that you had a transplant although I have no need for them. Some people from what I gather leave their hair long to cover up the redness and the grafts from the transplant. I believe it takes several weeks for the redness to go away maybe longer for others. Feller has had open houses in the past to show off his work. Give him a call and see if its possible to schedule a consultation where you can inspect his work. I don't live in the New York area, actually I live a couple hours from there so I plan to put pics of my transplant up as soon as I get the pics from Dr. Feller.

Originally posted by Gorpy:

PB, your situation is similar to mine. I have a little more hair loss, but all in the front like you. I'm getting 2700 Sept. 28th with Dr. Keene. Although I have options of working from home and/or wearing a hat, it will be interesting to see how long the HT is "noticable".

Good luck Gorpy, you don't have long to wait. 2700 should make a big difference if it's all going in the front. Unfortunately my hair loss isn't limited to the front only, my crown is pretty thin, it just isn't visible in those photos I posted. I too am just getting the front done with 2000 - 2500. My crown isn't shiny bald yet and I can live with a thinning crown, it's just the elongated forehead that bothers me (I've been told I look like a nuclear scientist and some more childish people have told me to take my swimming cap off). I'll get the back done if/when my crown becomes almost completely bald.

PB