Bobman's HT Journey

Bobman

Thanks for the pics of what your HT looked like at 6 weeks! Becuase that is EXACTLY where I am at right now and seeing that my hair looks exactly like yours did is very reassuring. Dr. Wong performed my surgery.

I look forward to comparable results to yours. Thanks!

Pushing 40: Yes...I am! But it's S.O.B.W. (son of a beautiful woman) icon_wink.gif

steve21: Every day is like "WOW". Since now I'm growing it as long as I can stand it....it's an amazing feeling.

troy: You're welcome. Thanks for the compliment!

ron73: Best of luck to you! Do you have a website up at all? Where can I watch your progress if not?

🙃

• Administrators

Bobman,

Congratulations on your remarkable transformation. It's truly amazing what can now be done when surgeons are doing large sessions of ultra refined grafting.

I'd like to invite you to create and share your own blog on our community at http://www.HairLossWeblog.com.

By creating a blog on our community, visitors will be able to get immediate access to information about Hasson and Wong, since they are members of the Coalition.

In addition, hair loss sufferers visiting either the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center or the Hair Restoration Network will also be able to then access and view your story.

I think you will also like the many easy to use features of our Weblogs, which also enable viewers to post their comments directly to your blog.

I know it will take some time on your part, but given that you already have your photos and text I think you will be able to create it in short order.

Once your blog is in place, you can then link to it in the signature line of all your posts and in the body of your messages.

Thanks for sharing your outstanding results.

Pat

P.S. I moved this discussion thread over from the Photo Album forum since that forum is for directly posting your photos on the actual forum. You are certainly welcome to also post your photos and journal on this forum by creating a "Photo Album". To create such a photo album please select "Photo Album" from under the "New" tab rather than "Discussion".

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Bob C: Thank you for the compliment on that style. Like I've stated in the past, its nice to have that flexiblity now. As far as the crown goes...no, I do not use or will ever consider using concealers. Just not something I'm interested in. My hopes is that in about a year or two...I'll get one more surgery for the temples and we'll look at some other areas if we can address them. Thanks again!

🙃

GuitarPlayer: Funny thing is....I really never thought about a third procedure. And, for the time being...about two more years....then I'll go back. As long as my scalp has it's elastisity and the technology keeps getting better and better....by then, heck I wouldn't be surprised if I do join such a club.

🙃

Bobman -

I have been following your story for over a year now. Gotto tell you amazing results!!! That hair style with your hair slicked back really gives you character. How many number of grafts/cm2 do you have in your front hair line and frontal 1/3rd?? I want the same density as you have in frontal region.

Thanks,

KG

Thank you for the compliment. Dr.Hasson stated that the frontal zone was transplanted at 40-50 FU per cm at the densest points. Best of luck to you and I'm sure you'll get great results!

🙃

Bobman -

One more question for you. You had very early growth (at around week 7-8) after your first HT. Did you do anything specially (ie. Minox) that your hair started sprouting so early? I plan to start using Minox 2 weeks after my procedure and use it for about 1.5-2 months. My intention is only to get faster growth. I don't want to use it for very long so my native hair don't depend on Minox.

KG

Y'know...I kept a pretty good regimen of GNC's Mega Vitamins, Proscar at the time, Omega 3 Fatty Acid Gelcaps, MSM in powder form... all this for many months before surgery. I even have an inversion table that allows me to hang upside down...better blood flow to the scalp and overall preventive measures for back pain. Now, I'm not saying that all that would make or not make a difference....it's just things like that and eating healthy and staying active in aerobics that I feel (for me) have a positive effect on my hair growth. I didn't do Minox...just the proscar. Even though I was just about "done" with losing hair...I wanted to hang on to whatever it was that might possibly go down the line. Proscar did just that and only that for me. I'm now on Avodart...mainly to strengthen the crown and the surrounding area. (again....for the future) The method you use might work out great for you or they may not...either way, you'll find a regimen that works just for you over time and as long as you keep healthy and treat your body right...there is no doubt that the right doctor will offer you fantastic results.

🙃

thinkingaboutit: I havn't really used the table much since my surgeries. But before any surgeries, it was about three times a week for a half hour...that lasted about five months. I go on every now and then, but I'll be getting back into that routine soon. Aerobic exercise was mainly stationary bike. I did and now do again...10 min in the morning and 10-20 at night almost everynight during the week.

🙃

Originally posted by GuitarPlayer:

I have to agree with Hairworthy. I think your results definitely rival Futzyhead's.

Sepaking of whom... Has anyone heard of or seen Futzy lately? His website is down, his blog on the "other forum" has disappeared, he hasn't posted anywhere since I don't know when... Any idea anyone?

Sorry Bobman, don't mean to "steal" your topic but following this comparison I've just tried all my "Futzy links" and none of them works anymore.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

hairworthy: No problem man...I feel your pain. I too was on a mission to contact one of my "mentors" in the brotherhood. I spoke with Joe and Doug at Hasson & Wong, and they pretty much just said that he had gotten on with his life now. Can't blame him... and if anyone had "given back", he did a great job. So, Futzy...if you ever read this....Thank you and Cheers!

🙃