Advise on how many grafts I would need

Hey all...

I was hopeing i could get some advise on how many grafts i would need,i have posted a pic to show my hair loss.

Any help would be great

i am 32 and have been thinning for about eight years at the front and crown.

12.jpg.6408801c5029ae16d9fcdb82bdf54045.jpg

Hey all...

I was hopeing i could get some advise on how many grafts i would need,i have posted a pic to show my hair loss.

Any help would be great

i am 32 and have been thinning for about eight years at the front and crown.

charlie,

Could you post some more pics with the hairline exposed? That would give a better indication of how many grafts; Also are you taking any meds to slow down/halt further loss? At 32, and it appears you have a decent amount of hair, I think you would be a good candidate for a HT; first I would get on propecia, if you aren't already to stabalize your hair loss; it may help fill in the crown area; it is hard to give you an estimate based on those pics, but I would say 2500 grafts focused in the front would give a good cosmetic differance.

Not the best pics. That said.....3k seems about right; possibly a bit more depending on how strong your hairline is.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hey..thanks for your reply

I tried propecia for about 5 days and had a really bad reaction to it...(i couldnt have sex for for 5 days!...kidding, no nothing to do with my pecker lol)just had really bad anxiety..which is strange because i have never herd of anyone else having this problem so i wonttake it.

Ive tried everytying laser comb, minoxidil, shampoo,herbals ...i was one of these people that thought if i get onto my hair loss when i was younger (24) i would be able to keep what i had then... but no such luck!

i have been trying i product called crinagen for about 3 months recently which seems to be stopping it from falling out

although you never can be sure or not and not sure i want to be putting that on my sculp for the rest of my life!

Sorry about the pics as good as it gets for now...i took them on my phone..i will have to barrow someones camera and take some decent photos.

Is it not a good idea from what you can see getting work done on the crown area?

2600 ? i was hopeing only 1500..but if im going to do this i want to do it properly!

Charlie-

Welcome to the HTN.

In all probability, you appear to be a good candidate for HT surgery. That said, to really get an accurate appraisal of your individual needs you would be best to schedule a consultation with a recommended Hair Restoration Surgeon. That way you can get a concrete idea of exactly what you will require to attain your hair restoration goals.

Sincerely,

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Hello all,

Thanks for your replys,

The trouble i have is i live on edge of the earth down under and theres know one in my neck of the woods that can do the job that i have know of.

Which is great have sites like this were you can get some advise.

So i basically have to make a call on were to get it done before even going in and seeing a surgeon...reason being i have to get on a plane and fly half way round the world so i hardly want to fly somewhere and not get the job done.

I was thinking of getting it done in Asia can anyone recomend a surgeon?

Originally posted by charlie_08:

Hello all,

Thanks for your replys,

The trouble i have is i live on edge of the earth down under and theres know one in my neck of the woods that can do the job that i have know of.

Which is great have sites like this were you can get some advise.

So i basically have to make a call on were to get it done before even going in and seeing a surgeon...reason being i have to get on a plane and fly half way round the world so i hardly want to fly somewhere and not get the job done.

I was thinking of getting it done in Asia can anyone recomend a surgeon?

You'll be ok, as I did the same. No in-person consults, just online and phone. Turned out good for me so far.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

As per Dwayne that is correct-

I have had several patients, who, because of distance considerations, had their procedures performed after scheduling from our phone consult only. These days with digital photos, etc., a good deal of information can be exchanged via a combination of e-mail and telephone communication.

The specifics can be zeroed in on the morning of the procedure.

I just wanted to clear that up- didn't want to give the impression that you couldn't achieve your objectives without the in person first....

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

• 1 year later...